- This area of the gardens cannot be accessed normally like the platforms for Seiryu, Genbu, and Suzaku, but must require going through the Shrine of Ru'Avitau from the entrance beneath the stairs at the teleport pads that lead to the Genbu platform.
Byakko's ??? Location
- Spawned by trading a Gem of the West and an Autumnstone to the ???. This ??? will re-appear 15 minutes after Byakko is defeated or de-spawned.
- When spawned, Byakko's melee attacks have an additional Light Damage effect to them. This effect cannot be dispelled by magic, but can be removed by hitting Byakko with the East Wind ranged weapon.
- Banishga III: AoE Light based magic damage. (Circle of effect originates from spell target)
- Banish IV: Strong single target Light based magic damage.
- Holy: Single target Light based magic damage.
- Diaga III: AoE Light based DoT magic that decreases the targets' defense. (Circle of effect originates from spell target)
- Dia III: Single target Light based DoT magic that decreases the target's defense.
- Paralyga: AoE Paralysis magic. (Circle of effect originates from spell target)
- Roar: AoE Paralysis effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Claw Cyclone: Frontal cone AoE physical damage.
- Razor Fang: Single target critical hit physical damage.
- Perfect Dodge: All melee attacks performed on Byakko will be evaded. Ranged attacks and magic can still affect him. Denoted by the mob 2hr animation.
- Summoned as a pet by Kirin along with Seiryu, Genbu, and Suzaku. Kirin will not summon these in any specific order.
- Significantly lower HP than the Byakko spawned in Ru'Aun Gardens.
- Shares the entire ability set with the Byakko spawned in Ru'Aun Gardens.
Bai Hu (Byakko in Japanese) is one of the four symbols of the Chinese Constellations, representing the "White Tiger of the West" and of the season of Autumn. The other three symbols being the "Azure Dragon of the East", the "Black Tortoise of the North", and the "Vermillion Bird of the South"
Each symbol corresponded to an element in the Five Element system, with Bai Hu corresponding to the element of metal.
- In the Five Element system in China, there is a 5th legendary beast known as Huang Long, the Yellow Dragon of the Center. While there is no direct equivalent in Japanese, Huang Long is believed to be linked to the dragon Ouryu
This page last modified 2010-08-09 04:24:05.