Angra Mainyu's Spawn Location
- Upon death, a ??? will spawn in the location where it died. Clicking on this ??? for the first time will reward the player with the Hydra Corps Insignia key item.
- When aggroed, Angra Mainyu will spawn four dragons ( Fire Pukis, Wind Pukis, Petro Pukis, and Poison Pukis). It is advised to kite these four dragons a safe distance away before attacking Angra Mainyu, as it will recall them to his position once damage is dealt.
- Routinely "teleports" around the square after being engaged. It is recommended to have Summoner avatars, Beastmaster pets, or Puppetmaster automatons attack it, as they will auto-follow it whenever it teleports, thus allowing the rest of the alliance to determine its new position.
Angra Mainyu Special Attacks
- Graviga: AoE Gravity effect (circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Sleepga II: AoE Sleep effect (circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Silencega: AoE Silence effect (circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Death: Single target Death effect (reduces target hp to zero).
- Airy Shield: Self target Ranged Attack immunity (effect can be dispelled).
- Magic Barrier: Self target Magic spell immunity (will not protect from magic damage from sources other than magic spells, such as Skillchain damage).
- Blindeye: Single target physical damage with additional Blind effect.
- Eyes On Me: Strong single target Dark based magic damage. (Cannot be blocked by shadows.)
- Level 5 Petrify: AoE Petrify effect. (Will only affect players, pets, and fellowship npcs whose Job level is a multiple of 5).
- Binding Wave: AoE Bind effect.
- Mind Break: Frontal cone gaze AoE MP Down effect. (effect can be avoided by facing away from the mob.)
- Hypnosis: Frontal cone gaze AoE Sleep effect. (effect can be avoided by facing away from the mob.)
- Chainspell: Reduces all casting and recast timers for magic spells to zero. Denoted by mob 2hr animation effect.
Angra Mainyu, in Zoroastrian belief, is the personification of all evil, opposing his twin brother Spenta Mainyu, the personification of all good. Said to have introduced to the world all forms of suffering, Angra Mainyu is considered an eternal destroyer and ruler of darkness, creating the dragon Azi Dahaka (see Dahak), which ravaged the Earth.
Angra Mainyu is also known as Ahriman (see Ahriman), hence why this mob is depicted in the game as an Ahriman.
This page last modified 2009-02-10 18:08:59.