Vrtra's Spawn Location
- Spawn time is 72-120 hours after last ToD, or 36-72 hours after a server maintenance when the servers are offline. Thirty minute intervals between each window.
- Immune to Sleep, susceptible to Stun. Highly resistant to all enfeebles.
- Has a potent auto-regen effect that cannot be dispelled.
- Periodically summons undead to assist him in battle. These undead are roughly the same strength as the undead mobs in the room and will share hate with Vrtra. Vrtra will spawn any two of these at a time.
- Iruci: A skeleton Black Mage
- Grants title: Vrtra Vanquisher
- Sleepga II: AoE Sleep effect. (Circle of effect originates from spell target)
- Dispelga: AoE Dispel effect (Circle of effect originates from spell target)
- Blindga: AoE Blind effect (Circle of effect originates from spell target)
- Bio III: Single target Dark based DoT with additional Attack down effect.
- Horrid Roar: Single target full Dispel and Enmity reset effects.
- Absolute Terror: Single target Terror effect. Target is unable to perform any action until effect wears off.
- Cyclone Wing: AoE magical damage with additional Sleep effect.
- Sable Breath: Frontal cone AoE Dark based magic damage. Damage is strongest directly in front of Vrtra.
- Spike Flail: Massive AoE physical damage. Absorbed by three shadows. Will only occur when a character has drawn hate from behind it.
- Charm: Charms target to use as a pet. At around 85% of his hp, Vrtra will begin using this ability at random intervals. Denoted by the characteristic mob two-hour animation.
- Vrtra possesses the same abilities as his full strength counterpart in King Ranperre's Tomb, though has a decidedly lower amount of HP.
In Hindu mythology, Vrtra (Vritra, "The Devourer") was an Asura and was described as being a gigantic serpent or dragon with three heads. Initially said to hold all the world's rivers captive until its death at the hands of the god Indra, later tellings of Vrtra suggested that he was created by the heavenly builder Tvashtri to slay Indra, who had earlier slew Tvashtri's son.
After engaging in a battle in which Vrtra claimed victory (he had swallowed Indra, only to be forced by the other Devas to regurgitate him), the two struck a truce that Indra would not attack Vrtra with anything made of wood, stone, or metal, dry or wet, or during the day or night. Indra instead used foam from ocean waves (neither dry nor wet, and not made of wood, stone, or metal) and killed Vrtra at twilight (neither night nor day).
This page last modified 2010-04-13 18:59:11.