Tiamat's Spawn Location
- Respawn time is approximately 72-120 hours after the last Time of Death, or 36-72 hours after a server maintenance when the servers are offline.
- Thirty minute intervals between each window.
- Susceptible to Sleep, Stun, Slow, and Elegy. Immune to Lullaby. Resistant to Silence and Paralyze.
- Every two minutes, Tiamat will fly into the air, where she'll stay for two minutes before coming to the ground again. During this time, melee attacks will have no effect on her (magic and ranged attacks can still affect her though). While she's in the air, her normal attacks are magical, fire based attacks that cannot be absorbed by shadows, but can be reduced by damage reduction, magic defense, magic reduction, and fire resist effects (through gear, spells, job abilities, etc). While she is in the air, she cannot be slept (Sleep will land on her, but it will wear off immediately)
- At approximately 25% hp, Tiamat receives a large attack boost that cannot be dispelled. This effect will remain until Tiamat is killed (it won't wear off even if Tiamat's hp regenerates higher than 25%). Denoted by Tiamat holding her wings upright.
- Has an auto-regen effect that cannot be dispelled.
- Grants title: Tiamat Trouncer
- Firaga III: AoE Fire based magic spell (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Blaze Spikes: Inflicts Fire based magical damage against all that melee Tiamat. Effect can be dispelled.
- Horrid Roar: Single target full Dispel and Enmity reset effects.
- Absolute Terror: Single target Terror effect. Target is unable to perform any action until effect wears off.
- Tebbad Wing: AoE magical damage with an additional Plague effect.
- Fiery Breath: Frontal cone AoE Fire based magic damage. Damage is the strongest on anyone directly in front of Tiamat. Recommended for all tanks to stand on Tiamat's front legs to reduce damage taken.
- Tiamat will only perform Fiery Breath while on the ground.
- Touchdown: AoE damage. Wipes shadows. Tp move is performed when Tiamat lands on the ground after being in the air.
- Inferno Blast: Strong AoE Fire based magic damage.
- Tiamat will only perform Inferno Blast while in the air.
- Spike Flail: Massive AoE physical damage. Absorbed by three shadows. Will only occur when a character has drawn hate from behind it.
- Tiamat cannot perform Spike Flail while in flight.
- Mighty Strikes: All melee physical attacks performed by Tiamat will now be critical hits. At approximately 85% hp, Tiamat will begin to use this ability, and will often use it once after each time in the air. Denoted by the characteristic mob two-hour animation.
- Tiamat will not perform Mighty Strikes while in flight.
Note: All AoE moves will hit anyone within range, regardless if they or their alliance has hate on Tiamat or not.
- Tiamat possesses the same abilities as her full strength counterpart in Attohwa Chasm, though has a decidedly lower amount of HP.
In Mesopotamian mythology, Tiamat (Tamtu in Sumerian) is a giant female dragon which was the primordial creatrix of all existence said to have created the world and the gods, though this world had no land and was a vast water-world, filled with the waters of chaos. Tiamat personified the saltwater (ocean) while her consort Apsu (Abzu in Sumerian) personified the 'sweetwater' (freshwater).
It was the amalgamation and intermingling of these waters that created the gods. In the Enuma Elish (Mesopotamian creation epic), the gods were a persistent annoyance to Tiamat & Apsu, so the two decide to kill all their children. The god Ea discovers their plan and pre-emptively slew Apsu or, in some myths, casts a spell that puts him in a death-like sleep (since the waters of Apsu still exist even after his 'death'). Seeking vengeance for Apsu's death, Tiamat bore an army of monsters and assigned her consort, Kingu, to be their general.
Tiamat was slain by Marduk (see Marduk's Armor), who held her in place using a net of pure wind before releasing a flurry of arrows down her throat and then cleaving her body in two. The upper half created the heavens and the lower half created the Earth.
This page last modified 2012-09-06 15:58:54.