- At multiple times during the fight, a message in the battle log saying "The Khimaira's breathing has become ragged". During this time, Khimaira 13's melee attack power will be reduced significantly, and it will often be intimidated by whoever has the most hate on it, be it yourself and members of your party, Karababa, or pets. This period of weakness will wear off over time.
- In order to complete this portion of the mission, Khimaira 13 must be defeated within 30 minutes of entering the battlefield.
- Tourbillion: Strong AoE physical damage with additional Knockback effect. (Circle of effect originates from mob)
- Can be absorbed by three shadows
- Dreadstorm: Strong AoE magical Thunder damage with additional Terror effect (Circle of effect originates from mob)
- Thunderstrike: Strong AoE magical Thunder damage with additional Stun effect (Circle of effect originates from mob)
- Tenebrous Mist: AoE TP reset (Circle of effect originates from mob)
- Fossilizing Breath: Frontal cone AoE petrification
- Plague Swipe: Rear conal AoE physical damage with an additional Bio effect.
- Can be absorbed by shadows. Will only occur when a character has drawn hate from behind it.
The Chimaera (being attributed as being a female) was a monstrous creature in Greek Mythology, possessing the head, body, and legs of a lion (the head being capable of spouting fire), a snake for a tail, with a goat's head sprouting from her back. It was an offspring of the monster Echidna and the Titan Typhon, and whose siblings included Cerberus (see Cerberus), the Lernaean Hydra (see Hydra), and the Nemean Lion (see Nemean Lion).
The Chimaera met her death at the hands of the hero Bellerophon who, while riding the winged horse Pegasus, thrust a spear equipped with a lump of lead into the mouth of the lion head, where the intense flames within melted the lead, subsequently choking her to death.
This page last modified 2009-06-02 11:55:14.