- Cerberus can appear as the boss Notorious monster for floor 60, 80, and 100 in Nyzul Isle.
- Hydra or Khimaira are capable of appearing in place of Cerberus as the boss Notorious Monster for floors 60, 80, and 100.
- Has lower attack, defense, and HP than the Cerberus that appears in Mount Zhayolm.
- Lava Spit: AoE fire based magical damage (Circle of effect originates from attack target).
- Ululation: AoE Paralysis effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Sulfuric Breath: Single target fire based magic damage. Can be absorbed by shadows.
- Magma Hoplon: Stoneskin + Blaze Spikes effect. This effect cannot be dispelled and requires ~1,000-1,500 points of damage in order to break the Stoneskin.
- Magma Hoplon cannot overwrite itself (Battle log will read "Magma Hoplon has no effect on Cerberus" if Magma Hoplon is used when a prior one is still on Cerberus)
- Scorching Lash: Strong physical cone AoE damage from behind. Will only occur when a character has drawn hate from behind it. (Similar to Fafnir and Nidhogg's Spike Flail tp move conditions)
- Gates of Hades: Massive AoE Fire based magic damage with an additional Burn effect. (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- The Burn effect is exceptionally potent (around 40 hp/tic) and should be Erased as quickly as possible. Cerberus will only begin to use this move when its hp has dropped to below 25%.
- Only the Cerberus on floor 100 is capable of performing Gates of Hades.
Cerberus was the three-headed hound who guarded the gate of Hades (in reference to the mob's strongest tp move). He is the offspring of the monster Echidna and the Titan Typhon, and whose siblings included the Lernaean Hydra (see Hydra), the Chimaera (see Khimaira), and the Nemean Lion (see Nemean Lion). His role as guardian was to allow all the souls of the dead to enter, but to prevent any from leaving, as well as preventing any living being from entering Hades.
Among the most significant and well known myths regarding Cerberus was the 12th labor of Heracles (Hercules), whereupon Eurystheus, who was given the task of assigning Heracles the labors, ordered him to retrieve Cerberus from Hades and bring him to the mortal world without the use of any weapons.
This page last modified 2009-04-04 20:06:24.