Armed Gears' ??? Location
- The ??? will respawn fifteen minutes after Armed Gears is defeated or despawns.
- From 100% HP to 49% HP, Armed Gears will remain in a three-geared form, and possesses potent defense and magic defense. When its HP drops below 49%, it will lose a gear and its defense and magic defense will drop considerably. At 24% it will lose one more gear, dropping its defense and magic defense lower.
- Even though it can regain a gear if its HP rises back over 49% or 24%, its defense and magic defense will remain at its lower level (i.e. if it returns to a three gear state once its HP drops to 48 or lower, its defense and magic defense will remain at its two gear state).
- In its three-gear state, Armed Gears will only take magic damage that is strong to the element that the magic it is currently casting is aligned to (i.e. if it is casting Fire based magic spells, it will only take damage from Water based spells). It will absorb damage from spells of the same element it is aligned to, and will take no damage from any other element. At random intervals, it will change its elemental affinity.
- If the En-spell that it casts is dispelled, it will grow resistant to the element it would otherwise be weak to. As such, little to no damage can be dealt to Armed Gears until it casts another En-spell.
- Although it can cast spells of Light and Dark affinity (Bio, Diaga, etc), its elemental affinity will not change to those states. It will still take damage from the previous element it was weak to until it shifts elemental affinities.
- In its two-gear state, Armed Gears will still have resistance to melee and magic damage, though it will not be as necessary to adhere to the elemental weaknesses as before.
- In its single-gear state, Armed Gears will take normal damage from melee and magic damage.
- Susceptible to Stun and Gravity, though it will build a resistance to the latter. Other enfeeble effects can only land on Armed Gears if the enfeeble is of an element strong to what Armed Gears' current element is (i.e. Slow can only land if Armed Gears' elemental affinity is Thunder).
- Red Mage Spells: Armed Gears is capable of casting any spells available to a Red Mage short for the Tier II merit spells.
- Antigravity: AoE physical damage with an additional Knockback effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Artificial Gravity: AoE magic damage with an additional Gravity effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Restoral: Self target HP recovery effect.
- Rail Cannon: Effects can be as follows.
- Single gear: Single target magical damage.
- Two gears: Frontal cone AoE magical damage.
- Three gears: AoE magical damage (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Heavy Armature: Self target Blink, Haste, and Protect effects (Effects can be dispelled).
- Mighty Strikes: All melee attacks performed by Armed Gears will deal critical damage. Denoted by the characteristic mob two-hour animation.
This page last modified 2009-09-06 17:58:52.