|Found in:||Monarch Linn|
|Secondary Job:||Black Mage|
- Notorious Monster
- Based on Fire
- Strong against Fire
|Involved in Quests:|
|Updated: Sat Nov 8 05:54:29 2008|
- Main Notorious Monster for the The Savage Chains of Promathia Mission.
- Susceptible to Sleep, Silence, and Gravity. Immune to Stun.
- Every two minutes, Ouryu will fly into the air, where he'll stay for two minutes before coming to the ground again. During this time, melee attacks will have no effect on him (magic and ranged attacks can still affect him though). While he's in the air, his normal attacks are magical, earth based attacks that cannot be absorbed by shadows, but can be reduced by damage reduction, magic defense, magic reduction, and earth resist effects (through gear, spells, job abilities, etc). While he is in the air, he cannot be slept (Sleep will land on him, but it will wear off immediately).
- The item Mistmelt, obtained from the quest Fly High, is capable of forcing Ouryu back onto the ground once he flies into the air.
- Spawned by trading a Cloud Evoker to the Unstable Displacement at (I-9).
Ouryu Cometh Unstable Displacement
- Grants title: Ouryu Overwhelmer
- Stonega III: AoE Earth based magic damage. (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Break: Single target petrification effect.
- Breakga: AoE petrification effect. (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Stoneskin: Self target Damage absorption effect. (Effect can be dispelled).
- Absolute Terror: AoE Terror effect. Targets are unable to perform any action until effect wears off.
- Horrid Roar: Single target full Dispel and Enmity reset effects.
- Bai Wing: AoE magic damage with an additional Slow effect. (Effect overwrites Haste)
- Ouryu will only perform Bai Wing while in flight.
- Typhoon Wing: AoE Darkness based magic damage with an additional Blind effect.
- Ouryu will only perform Typhoon Wing while on the ground.
- Ocher Blast: Strong AoE Earth based magic damage.
- Ouryu will only perform Ocher Blast while in flight.
- Geotic Breath: Frontal cone AoE Earth based magic damage. Damage is the strongest on anyone directly in front of Ouryu. Recommended for all tanks to stand on Ouryu's front legs to reduce damage taken.
- Ouryu will only perform Geotic Breath while on the ground.
- Touchdown: AoE damage. Wipes shadows. Tp move is performed when Ouryu lands on the ground after being in the air.
- Spike Flail: Massive AoE physical damage. Absorbed by three shadows. Will only occur when a character has drawn hate from behind it.
- Ouryu cannot perform Spike Flail while in flight.
- Invincible: Reduces all physical melee and ranged damage to zero for the duration of the effect. Denoted by characteristic mob two-hour animation.
- Ouryu possesses the same abilities as he does in the Ouryu Cometh battle, though has a decidedly lower amount of HP.
In Chinese mythology, Huang Long (which means "Yellow Dragon") was said to be a hornless dragon that emerged from the river Luo to present the emperor Fu Xi with the elements of writing.
Said to be among the five beasts denoted in the Chinese Five Element system, along with Bai Hu (see Byakko), Xuan Wu (see Genbu), Zhu Que (see Suzaku), and Qing Long (see Seiryu), it represented the Earth element and acted as the central element.
While there is no central Element in the Japanese version of the Element system, the dragon Ouryu is said to be the japanese counterpart of Huang Long.
This page last modified 2009-09-20 04:11:08.