- Respawn time is approximately four hours after it is last defeated or despawns.
- Has a draw-in effect that will pull all members of your party/alliance that are in the zone to it.
- This occurs when a party/alliance member that draws hate on Tethra is beyond a certain range.
- Possesses innate En-Petrification, En-Stone, and Regen effects that cannot be dispelled.
- Like Lugh, Elatha, Buarainech, and Ethniu, Tethra's enmity behavior is unique from other mobs. Any player's actions, regardless of how much enmity the action generates, will "pull hate" on Tethra, making standard tanking difficult.
- Immune to physical damage directed towards it while casting magic. Absorbs all magic damage directed towards it when casting magic.
- Instantly casts Stone IV in retaliation to magic damage dealt to it.
- Will "Level Up" each time a job ability is used around it, resulting in an increase in offensive and defensive power.
- Will only Level Up a certain number of times before reaching its cap.
- If all party/alliance members with hate on Tethra are defeated or leave the zone, Tethra will despawn, following the emote "The monster fades before your eyes, a look of disappointment on its face".
- Stone IV - Strong single target Earth based magic damage.
- Stonega III - Strong AoE Earth based magic damage (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Slowga - AoE Slow effect (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Breakga- AoE Petrification effect (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Quake - Strong AoE Earth based magic damage (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Unlike the Black Mage version of Quake, Tethra's Quake hits all targets in range.
- Magnetite Cloud - Frontal cone AoE Earth based magic damage with an additional Gravity effect.
- Bad Breath - Frontal cone AoE Earth based magic damage with additional Bind, Slow, Gravity, Silence, Poison, Paralysis, and Blind effects.
- Grim Halo - AoE physical damage with an additional Knockback effect (Circle of effect originates from the mob).
- Manafont - Spells cast during the duration of the effect cost 0 MP, and spell casting cannot be interrupted by normal physical attacks.
- Denoted by the characteristic mob two-hour animation.
- Tethra is capable of performing Manafont multiple times during battle.
In Irish mythology, Tethra of the Fomorians ruled Mag Mell after dying in the Second Battle of Mag Tuiredh. Tethra's name is possibly derived from Proto-Indo-European *tet(e)ro- meaning 'quacking sound'. It also means scald-crow Badb or Roynston's crow in Old Irish.
This page last modified 2010-04-07 21:08:09.