- Respawn time is approximately four hours after it is last defeated or despawns.
- Has a draw-in effect that will pull all members of your party/alliance that are in the zone to it.
- This occurs when a party/alliance member that draws hate on Elatha is beyond a certain range.
- Susceptible to Fire based magic damage. Immune to all other elemental damage.
- Possesses innate Ice Spikes, En-Blizzard, En-Paralyze, and Regen effects that cannot be dispelled.
- Physical damage performed on Elatha while it is casting a spell will heal it rather than deal damage.
- Ranged attacks and job abilities that deal physical damage (i.e. Shield Bash, Jump,etc.) will also heal Elatha rather than doing damage.
- Like Lugh, Ethniu, Buarainech, and Tethra, Elatha's enmity behavior is unique from other mobs. Any player's actions, regardless of how much enmity the action generates, will "pull hate" on Elatha, making standard tanking difficult.
- Instantly casts Blizzard IV in retaliation to magic damage dealt to it.
- Will "Level Up" each time magic is cast upon it, resulting in an increase in offensive and defensive power.
- Will only Level Up a certain number of times before reaching its cap.
- If all party/alliance members with hate on Elatha are defeated or leave the zone, Elatha will despawn, following the emote "The monster fades before your eyes, a look of disappointment on its face".
- Grants Title: Elatha Exorcist
- Blizzard IV - Strong single target Ice based magic damage.
- Blizzaga III - AoE Ice based magic damage (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Paralyga - AoE Paralysis effects (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Bindga - AoE Bind effect (Circle of effect originates from spell target).
- Ice Break - AoE Ice based magic damage with an additional Bind effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Cold Wave - AoE Frost effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Grim Halo - AoE physical damage with an additional Knockback effect.
- Blood Weapon - Physical damage dealt by Elatha will restore its HP by an amount equal to the damage dealt.
- Elatha will only begin using Blood Weapon once its HP drops to below 35% and is capable of performing Blood Weapon multiple times
- Elatha will not cast any magic spells during the duration of Blood Weapon.
- During the duration of Blood Weapon, an aura forms around Elatha that inflicts Paralysis to all targets that come in range.
- Will immediately use the weaponskill Shockwave after activating Blood Weapon.
In Irish mythology, Elatha (or Elathan) was a prince of the Fomorians and the father of Bres (see Bres) by Ériu of the Tuatha Dé Danann. Elathan is quoted as being the "The beautiful Miltonic prince of darkness with golden hair". He was the son of Dalbaech and a king of the Fomor, he was father of Bres by Eri, a woman of the Tuatha de Danaan. He came to her over the sea in a vessel of silver, himself having the appearance of a young man with yellow hair, wearing clothes of gold and five gold torcs. He was one of the Fomor who took part in the Second Battle of Magh Tuireadh.
During the Second Battle of Magh Tuireadh, Elathan, son of Dalbaech, watched over Dagda's magic harp, sometimes it was called Dur-da-Bla, the Oak of Two Blossoms, and sometimes Coir-cethar-chuin, the Four-Angled Music. He is said to have a sense of humor and a sense of nobility.
Though considered to be the Fomorian father of Eochu Bres, Elatha (Elada) was also the father of the Dagda, Ogma, a son named Delbaeth, and Elloth (the father of Manannan mac Lir) according to the Lebor Gabala Erinn. The mother of these "Tuatha De Danann" chiefs may have been Ethne, the mother of Lug, based on Ogma's often cited matronymic "mac Ethliu." Since Ethne was Fomorian, this means they are all Fomorians. This is rather confusing, but may betray the battle between the two groups as actually being about the new generation of gods displacing the older generation.
This page last modified 2010-03-03 23:30:41.