- After defeating a Yacumama, it is possible for the Colorful Abyssite key item to change into a Blue Abyssite key item.
- Immune to Slow, Bind, Gravity, and Sleep. Susceptible to Poison, Blind, and Stun, but builds resistance over time.
- Has innate Triple Attack, Counter, Guard, and En-water effects.
- Hard Membrane: Self target Evasion boost. (Effect can be dispelled).
- Tentacle: Single target physical attack.
- Ink Jet: Frontal cone AoE magic damage with additional Blind effect.
- Enmity is reset for all targets hit with Ink Jet.
- Cross Attack: Single target two-hit physical attack.
- Whirlwind: AoE Wind based magic damage with additional Vitality down effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Maelstrom: AoE Water based magic damage with additional Strength down effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Regeneration: Self target Regen effect. (Effect can be dispelled).
- Hundred Fists: Self target potent Attack speed increase (Effect cannot be dispelled).
- Denoted by the characteristic mob two-hour animation.
- Yacumama will use Hundred Fists each time its HP drops by approximately 20%. When its HP drops below 20%, it is capable of using Hundred Fists in short intervals.
In the mythology of the Guarani people of South America, the Yacu-mama (mother of the water) is a giant snake-like creature, nearly 50 paces (125 feet) long, which was believed to inhabit the waters of the mouth of the Amazon River. Legend said that the Yacu-mama was capable of sucking up any living creature that passed within 100 paces of it before bathing and hiding in a lagoon. In order to protect themselves, the Guarani would blow into a conch horn before entering the water, which would force the Yacu-mama to appear if it was in the area.
This page last modified 2010-04-29 03:30:55.