- Respawn time on the ??? is five minutes after Adamastor is defeated or despawns.
- Possesses the Double Attack job trait.
- Adamastor's Double Attack trait is exceptionally potent.
- Possesses an innate En-spell effect that cannot be dispelled.
- This En-spell effect will occur after Adamastor has used its two-hour ability.
- Immune to Bind, Gravity, and Sleep. Susceptible to Stun, Slow, and Paralysis.
- Grand Slam: AoE physical damage.
- Once Adamastor's HP drops to about 30%, it will begin to use Grand Slam three times in a row in quick succession.
- Lightning Roar: Frontal cone AoE Thunder based magic damage.
- Power Attack: Single target physical damage.
- Impact Roar: Frontal cone AoE physical damage.
- Mighty Strikes: Physical attacks performed by Adamastor will deal critical damage for the duration of the effect.
- Denoted by the characteristic mob two-hour animation.
Adamastor is a Greek-type mythological character invented by the Portuguese poet Luís de Camões in his epic poem Os Lusíadas (first printed in 1572), as a symbol of the forces of nature Portuguese navigators had to overcome during their discoveries. It is described in the Os Lusíadas as being a being a creature of enormous size, with heavy jowls, an unkempt beard, hollow eyes, a pale complexion, hair matted with clay, a coal-black mouth, and teeth yellow with decay.
This page last modified 2010-07-19 09:04:47.