1

icon Fighter's Mufflers  

Auction House: Armor - Hands
Type: Artifact

RareEx
Fighter's Mufflers
[Hands] All Races
DEF:16 HP+13 STR+4
Shield Skill+10
Enmity+3
Lv.54 WAR

Submit a correction

fashion

Used in Quests:Gained from Quests:
Post Comment
good for mid-lvls
# Aug 03 2007 at 10:54 AM Rating: Decent
43 posts
I can definitly use these for xp tanking as war/mnk. And just a side-note, none of you know merit burning, you don't need /nin for it. I'll be doing the quest for these later tonight :D, in fact I'll go solo out a coffer key right now from the necropolis. Good Hunting!
____________________________
http://www.darkchild.net

--Linkshell Site Manager--
WAR AF Hands
# May 06 2007 at 7:54 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
I read thru these posts and realized there was maybe one or two posts about the actual piece of gear.. lol.

Ok.. I'm HUME(unfortunately there is racial gear >.<). I can use my Custom Hands gear that have +3 DEX and +3 STR. So I'll probably never even do this quest or get anything but the feet. +1 more STR would be nice but having +3ENM ontop of the +1ENM from the feet would make it even more impossible for the NIN's to keep hate. Plus I'd be losing 3DEX for 1STR. I guess someday they would be nice to put into a "Provoke" Macro for HNM's/God's. But I'm also a 75 BLM/SAM which will probably go to a battle of that magnitude.

I just started playing war as a fun job static'n with friends. Ever since Aht Urghan update it seems the "Normal Party's" are gone, forgotten, and/or obsolete after lvl 55/56. Usually Magic Burn or Melee Burn after that! So I want to do as much damage as possible before I pull hate of my NIN's. More ENM would just cause me to get more hate and sooner which would not benefit us.

Ok since everyone is talking about the Subjob issue... hmm... I'd say do whats best for your situation. WAR/NIN is the best in my situation/party. We have BRD COR NIN NIN WAR WHM. I don't want to put hate onto just one person with /thf. We like to move hate around to keep everyone healthy and help the WHM cast Haste only (no need for curing if ya never get hit theory).. XD

So my idea of the best subjob = A character with a variety of subjobs. A character that knows what subjob @ what lvl will benefit the party.

Melee Burn: (In Theory)
So why is /NIN better than /MNK. Well.. Someday you will see that most melee jobs capable of subbing Ninja, will for melee burns. An Ideal target for best exp/hour.. is VT and weak IT's. With the help of BRD COR RDM and good equipment you can do great dmg and keep fighting without ever stopping. Jobs that are not NIN or /NIN will hurt the party if they get hate and become a MP sponge. A MNK is a good example... MNK/WAR is f'n hawt when fully merrited. Against VT's a NIN will not keep hate off him when Berserk'd.. and he will take alot of DMG. Sure he's super happy doing tons of dmg but the party will probably need to rest soon >.< and losing the exp chain. Subbing NIN will lower his damage slightly helping others to keep hate longer. If he happens to still get hate he will be able to take it without HP loss.

For those that have seen Damage Caps will understand that dual wielding in alot of situations with the right gear/buffs is more powerful than two handed weapons.
+1 version? like boots
# Aug 13 2006 at 8:29 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Hey, was wondering if these could be upgraded like the boots?
+1 version? like boots
# Jan 24 2007 at 11:25 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,648 posts
all AF can be upgraded.
____________________________
Daya wrote:
psychedelia is "when you snort cokes and think everything else are cheesy but yours"
WAR CAN TANK!!
# Jul 24 2006 at 6:15 PM Rating: Decent
*
66 posts
All of u that said war can't tank, i have to say must have never been a war. war can tank everything in the game, and i often get invited to very good (and competent) parties because i am war/mnk or war/nin. please try a job b4 u say stuff like that. just my 2 gil.


p.s.: i'm just in a crappy mood right now because i can't play please don't take offense to this
____________________________
Jobs: WAR71/NIN40(Retired till I get better stuff), RNG40/NIN40, NIN40/WAR71.
Server: Siren
San d'Oria 7-1 Bastok 1-1 Windurst 1-1
ZM 14 CoP 2-5 AU 13 Assault PFC
AF1:O AF2:O AF3:O AF4:O AF5:O AF6:O
Relic Boots:X Legs:X Hands:O Body:X Head: X
WAR CAN TANK!!
# Jan 24 2007 at 11:27 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,648 posts
war can tank. just not very well. with the evasion similar of a brick wall and only utsusemi:ichi till 74, it will be a really slow party if they depend on you to be the only tank with that only. you would need a lot of DEF gear and defender up in order to not be a complete MP sponge, which would mean you arent doing your job as a DD.
____________________________
Daya wrote:
psychedelia is "when you snort cokes and think everything else are cheesy but yours"
WAR CAN TANK!!
# Dec 16 2006 at 2:10 AM Rating: Decent
30 posts
yea war can tank but nin or pld are more potent tankers. pld has curing magic +flash and voke to pull alot more hate, nin has elemental wheel/stun para slow blind and voke to pull more hate, all war has is voke and w once u get 35. so yea if a pts in a tight spot they might get 2-3 war/nins to help tank but over all getting a pld or nin is alot better since they have better def/eva to take less dmg/dodge more hits.
____________________________
Name- Solan
Race- Elvaan
Jobs- DRG-75 | WAR-61 | BRD-19
Server- Quetzalcoatzl
Linkshells- N/A
Dragoon
Warrior
Bard
Retired :(
Yay
# Feb 06 2006 at 12:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
42 posts
They used my pic ^^
to bad it's ****** <_<;
____________________________
Warrior 75/Ninja 37/BeastMaster 42
Cooking 100+1 / Clothcraft 71+1
it's all about equipment
# Nov 17 2005 at 5:30 AM Rating: Decent
*
99 posts
I recently made WAR54. I get party invites as a War/Nin easily and I dont have to tank, so I can just consentrate on damage :)

Well if a team wanted me to tank, i'd sub MNK for all the reasons stated. I've also been DD with War/Thf. It's ok but not as effective.

For soloing reasons, subbing nin is essential, not just for Utsusemi but also the fact you can dish out a lot more DOT with 2 viking axes than with a Great Axe. However when I level, I skill up both weapons. War/Thf is needed when you go farming. Your 1 hand axe wont help much.

Also you're equipment is what either makes or breaks a War (duh), not just your sub. I recommend leveling nin, mnk and thf to at least 37. Mnk for tank, nin for DD and thf for DD/farming. Using dual viking axes really does a lot of DOT. Plus you dont need a life belt, you can use a sword belt. I have both, so if I want to equip GreatAxe, I also need to equip LifeBelt for the accuracy. If you're having a hard time hitting mobs with your vikings, then use the life belt. This is pretty much common sense. Personal experience, I used a shield and sword or a great sword when i first started out. Looked cool but I couldnt figure out why I was so gimpy. So I leved whm for a while till a friend told me to try War with Nin sub and level axe/gaxe. Since then War/nin has been my main and I can solo stuff (up to easy prey lol). As for the AF, I could use the +Enmity since many times I share tanking with others. I have a really hard time keeping hate even being Nin as a main. For those who were discouraged from being a warrior, take the same advice I did, sub Nin and level axe and greataxe. It's not a easy job but is rewarding. Also just being a Ninja as a main is very similar to warrior except you use stealth and speed and throwing. As a warrior I always have a ranged weapon for extra damage. The only thing I dont like is having to beg my LS for help in getting the AF or anything else for that matter. I simply ask for help and get turned down cuz they are buzy or without a healer. So hopefully I can find a more active LS that does these things more often, cuz even though I'm still a lowbie I can help people with getting up to rank 5 or other things as well.
it's all about equipment
# Nov 17 2006 at 9:18 AM Rating: Decent
28 posts
Dont forget SAM sub :P
Just think: WAR60/SAM30 with Capped Gaxe means... Raging Rush, Meditate, Raging Rush for skillchain and you pwn stuff
PWNAGE :3
____________________________
WAR75 PLD75 BRD75 DRG75 DRK75 SAM58 NIN42 THF37 RDM37 WHM37 DNC37 BLU37 RNG36
Merits: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=338566#merits
WAR TP: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?177673
WS: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?177676
Wrong thread, (I'm sorry) >.<
# Sep 18 2005 at 8:07 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
26 posts
Everyone is stating what "is" and "isn't" the best or biggest DD/tank sub for for War.

This is for exp only, I am not taking in to account HNM's or God's, ect.
This is my "opinion" as simple as I can put it:

*/Thf, 30(SA+ Sturmnwind will roxorz your boxorz!1)up until 50, after if you are closing a SC. DoT is too little to compensate for 1 1000~ Raging rush a battle, and at 65 its all about light, and GA has no light SC. I opens dark.

*/Mnk, All the way, tank and DD. Mnk gives boosts to War in tanking and defending, all reasons are posted in this thread.(Boost, Focus, Dodge, ect).

*/Nin, 50+ to the end. 50+ for one simple reason - Deul weild II. Out of all I think this is your best chance in making it in the game as a War. Before 65, this wouldnt matter, but as soon I obtained Mistral axe(Light SC) I felt like a rangerin the old days, especialy sine the change.

*/Sam, Yes, I would use this if GA was more desirable(Basically, Light SC capable) in exp, my reason - I would rather land 2 800~ Raging rush a fight(Meditate) and have a Dot far superior to /Thf.

*/Pld, I leveld Pld to 25 when my War was 50 to sub, I took one look at my MP and never touched Pld again.

*/Drk, One reason I am leveling this as a sub, I have yet to test it - Rune Chopper - I belive(I havent looked it up yet) the Rune Choppers latent is removed from MP drain over time, Drk is the only melee DD based job with an MP pool.
I guess I'll see how it turn's out.

As for the glove's.. >.>;
Enimety + 3
Str + 4
What more can you ask for, ok they are not "Free", but surly a **** sight cheeper than Enkolopy..wtf? o.O bracers, with no -Dex.

I used mina all the way to thick, and will swap back at 69 once I can equip the leggy bits of Thick gear.

And yeh, the shield skill idf for War/Mnk with Axe and Shield. If you use a Sword and shield, fair enough, but I must add, you are hurting yourself and party's bye doing this. Trust me, axe. ^^;

Quote:
and is not meant to tank, seeing /nin gives you 2 axes and at 55 Rampage...


Thorondil, I do hope you are not a War, opinions like that put me off my breakfast.

I am still tanking at 68 when needed, and with /Nin, would you beive?, and know fellow Wars who tank gods ect. War can tank, and well.

p.s
I had 30 min to burn .. >.>;

Edited, Sun Sep 18 21:40:18 2005
...?
# Aug 13 2005 at 9:54 AM Rating: Default
8 posts
war is a very bad, bad, bad soloer at higher lvls, and is not meant to tank, seeing /nin gives you 2 axes and at 55 Rampage...
why /mnk dd?
# Aug 01 2005 at 3:01 PM Rating: Excellent
*
170 posts
I'm one of those guys that refuses to /nin just out of principle (I may at some point for soloing). Not that it doesn't rock, it's just not my style. But just out of curiousity, why would you /mnk for dd? I use it for tanking, and keep /thf for the dd. I always felt that the counterattack, boost (enmity), and higher vit and hp were much better suited to that end than to just inflict pain.
____________________________
WAR 48 THF 32 MNK 28 RNG 10 DRK 13 PIR 75
BUM 80.2
Rank 5 San D'Orian 12 Windurst -3 Bastok (sorry, prez)
Galkan Pride! Represent!!!
If you don't agree with me, you suck ***.
The purpose of life is that it ends...Yours, anyway.
why /mnk dd?
# Aug 03 2007 at 10:45 AM Rating: Decent
43 posts
/mnk dd is good when you have someone with a questionable tanking skill (ninjas), I go /mnk all the time. It's nice to be there tanking where ninjas fail and still tank against cure IVs on me... But this is best kept for a different discussion topic, not on this one.
____________________________
http://www.darkchild.net

--Linkshell Site Manager--
RE: why /mnk dd?
# Aug 11 2005 at 10:46 AM Rating: Excellent
**
565 posts
You go /mnk for DD because you get focus in addition to Aggressor. These two moves, when used one after another, loop perfectly, so you get a constant 25% acc boost. Boost is also nice for an extra punch to WSs, and with a 15 sec timer, it's generally always available for use in a SC.
RE: why /mnk dd?
# Sep 20 2005 at 3:49 PM Rating: Default
*
183 posts
No its just stright up because he didnt even quest Ninja yet
Thats why he has that "principle" against it
RE: why /mnk dd?
# Aug 03 2007 at 10:43 AM Rating: Decent
43 posts
Stop trolling kid and learn your job.
____________________________
http://www.darkchild.net

--Linkshell Site Manager--
a few things i want to say
# Jul 24 2005 at 6:37 PM Rating: Decent
*
146 posts
1) this is the war af3 thread so please keep posts about war sub job to the war threads

2) war is a very balanced job and the sub job is to make war offensive defensive or balanced. this is my experience:

war/thf war/drk is offensive

war/nin war/mnk are balanced

war/pld is defensive

as to which is better /mnk or /nin i have to go with /nin. why? simply, because gaxe is very slow and very inaccurate. if you miss with a gaxe :( you have to wait a while before your next attack, with two axes your chance of hitting is very good not to mention you hit so often you end up pileing on more damege over time then with the 1 hit does alot stratagy of the gaxe. (note: i did not pull a low blow by mentioning rampage) also boost is very nice and so is dodge and all the other abilities you get from mnk but they just don't compensate for the accuracy advantage of /nin. sure you have all these nice abilities but they don't really help that much. boost changes a ws that normally hits for 50 to 70 which is very nice but when you are only useing a ws every other fight thats a problem. with two axes you can probably pull off 2 ws a fight if the mob lives that long. i feel that is enough to warrent the use of ninja as a sub (note: thats right i proved my point without useing /nin big advantages: utsusemi and rampage) for those of you who say /nin is just another sheep well you know what i like have my shadows and i like useing two axes and i shouldn't be called a sheep for playing my dream job!

3) this really is the af3 post so we should take this somewhere else >.>
____________________________
¬_¬™
RE: a few things i want to say
# Sep 10 2005 at 6:08 PM Rating: Default
21 posts
LMFAO!
DRK & PLD for SJs.
What are you smoking?
MNK/NIN can both be DEF/DMG.
THF is DMG.
Edit: I would most liekly try DRK,DRG, and SAM as SJs in Ballista. EXP Party only MNK,NIN, and THF. I have all 3 of them LVLd.

Edited, Sat Sep 10 19:22:30 2005
RE: a few things i want to say
# Aug 15 2005 at 1:12 AM Rating: Good
32 posts
all i'm gonna say to this is...

war/pld, war/drk, {no thanks} grosh...

bet you were wanna those people who liked to sub whm as war before you got pld too?

Edited, Mon Aug 15 02:11:14 2005
____________________________
Kayla 38drk/62whm/75thf/75blm/75rdm/75war/38mnk/15brd/ 37smn/46pld/37nin/15bst/14drg/12sam/18rng/20blu/
37cor/1pup/1sch/5dnc
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?71892
Cerberus Server
NerfedLS
War/nin and other DD
# Jul 01 2005 at 12:23 PM Rating: Default
2 posts
Now then, after reading this I created my account just to clue those who think war/mnk is a greater DD than war/nin. I play a WAR58/NIN29 on Pheonix server, Dual wielding Bloodsword and Darksteel Axe+1. My str is 62+34 with Meat Chiefkabobs, and Dex is 56+14. I out DD -everything- even the rng/nins right up until they use Slug Shot, and even then I have Rampage WS's that higher occasionally. At this lvl, war is not a tank, no matter what, because they take hits like a DRK, they just have more HP.

So point being, a well equipped war/nin will out DD everything in it's pt, be it drk/thf drk/war drg/thf drg/war war/mnk mnk/drk w/e.

With Berserk on, i hit 60-70+ on IT mobs with each weapon, so idealistically 120-140 before double attack kicks in; where as Drk using a scythe hit about 60-90 with each swing.

So point being, until you've played war/nin, dont take one job over another, cause i've played war/mnk, and it is just not the same.
War/nin and other DD
# Jul 24 2006 at 1:31 AM Rating: Decent
**
262 posts
Rubicante wrote:
So point being, a well equipped war/nin will out DD everything in it's pt, be it drk/thf drk/war drg/thf drg/war war/mnk mnk/drk w/e.

Right, right.... WAR outdmg all other DD's eh?

It's cute you have pride about it and all. Too bad ur flat wrong.
MNK/WAR's DoT owns you.
BLM and DRK's spike dmg owns you.
SAM's dmg potential using SC's in party's owns you.

Only perk to being you? Utsusemi makes it so you can take a hit (and I say that lightly)

WAR is far from the best DD out there. Cause if it was, all others would be out of a job. WAR = the RDM of melee's, can do a lil of everything, excells at nothing. Besides.. different DD's deal damage in different ways. Different party setups call for dmg to be dealt in different ways.

Sorry if I seem crabby with this post... but know your **** before you make a bold statement like that.
____________________________
Carby Server
75PLD/WAR
75BLU/NIN/THF
LS's: BeBe, Vindicated, DomaKageKnights.
Dynamis LS: PocketAces
Good at holding hate, or at least I hope so ^^;
After a Year and a 1/2... 5/5 Valor. Now I need the cape.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?108471
help
# Jun 02 2005 at 10:25 PM Rating: Decent
13 posts
yo if ur from kujeta server help me out man hit me up on saterday 6/4/05 aite thx i need help geting my af-3
____________________________
they call MR.fatalknight!! T.R.G 7~1~2~6 nationwide 12askal 4 lyfe kila kali559 CK BK!doNt get it twisted!!hola at chu boi manG!u alrdy kno
gaxe
# May 12 2005 at 8:08 AM Rating: Default
*
60 posts
war/thf will definitly outdamage any sub's for war, specially with Gaxe .
____________________________
diabolos server
pfft
# Apr 26 2005 at 11:27 AM Rating: Good
3 posts
LOL ok as for me im on remora server theres not many wars on it at all so that goes without sayin for war/nins as being to common so i dont consider myself a "sheep" its just to fun smackin mobs around with my axes it never gets old first few weeks of playin as war/nin i found it to be chomical even, not to mention the dambadge ratio was considerabl as apose to the GA more swings that averaged about 50 per hit and the number of swings made was 4 thats not even includin criticals so the **** with GA double axes is to fun
please
# Apr 08 2005 at 12:35 AM Rating: Default
18 posts
whoever said WAR/MNK is a better DD then WAR/NIN is a **** fool, i can garenty that i can outdamage a WAR/MNK anyday, because the only use of G axe is at lower lvles and for Maat fight. my WAR is 51 atm, and i hit for about 55-60 per axe, thats 110-120 per round of attacks for those who are bad at math, and with 2 viking axes, i rarely miss, the average G Axe DMG i see is about 50-60, pathetic. and WS's, the max ive done to an IT++ is 604, average about 250-300 with the single hit Spinning Axe WS, thats SINGLE HIT, WAR/NIN is not just for tanking, in fact its not that great for tanking until 74, because 3 shadows every 30 seconds is weak, but i can outdamage almost anyone anyday
____________________________
Name: Deubain
Server: Fenrir
Jobs: WAR 75, DRG 45 THF 43, RNG 52, NIN 36
LS: Rokkaku
Sandy Rank: 8
RE: please
# Aug 15 2005 at 1:06 AM Rating: Good
32 posts
i'm lvl 50 war, i too generally sub nin, just cause i like dual wield, but great axe wielding wars can do uber damage too.... i did 797 damage with sturmwind today on an IT, and that WASNT with a sneak attack (cause i had NIN subbed... i was skilling up my great axe...) so if i HAD had thf subbed dmg coulda been scary... average dmg on sturmwind is "only" about 250-400 (again this is with my ninja sub... haven't subbed thf in a while, havent subbed mnk since yuhtunga...) and i rarely miss with greataxe (i have 2 snipers, and a life belt... and am a mithra so dex is pretty high) so yer "great axes miss too much" argument isn't exactly the most valid... mighta been someone else who said that, but i'll rebutle what they said here too... cause i dont feel like posting twice... so anyhoo... i like ninja sub... but greataxes kick ***... so with thf (or mnk... tho i'm not a big fan) subbed you could do good DD... and oh yea... raging rush can do as much dmg as rampage most of the time (agreed you get that WS later, but none the less)
____________________________
Kayla 38drk/62whm/75thf/75blm/75rdm/75war/38mnk/15brd/ 37smn/46pld/37nin/15bst/14drg/12sam/18rng/20blu/
37cor/1pup/1sch/5dnc
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?71892
Cerberus Server
NerfedLS
RE: please
# Apr 21 2005 at 8:05 PM Rating: Good
*
103 posts
Don't compare yourself to gimp WARs. if the other WARs you pt with, with their GAX, have each hit of theres does about as much damage as a hit from your one handed axe, when a GAXs dmg is way higher than an AXE's theres obviously something wrong.

i applaud you for being able to hit those high numbers, if you're telling the truth, but comparing yourself to crappy wars doesnt really do much for you.

It's bad enough with the fighting between WAR and DRK and DRG, but to go and target your own job is kinda weak.
____________________________
[sm]Tahome
Cerberus
70THF/35NIN
please
# Apr 08 2005 at 12:33 AM Rating: Default
18 posts
whoever said WAR/MNK is a better DD then WAR/NIN is a **** fool, i can garenty that i can outdamage a WAR/MNK anyday, because the only use of G axe is at lower lvles and for Maat fight. my WAR is 51 atm, and i hit for about 55-60 per axe, thats 110-120 per round of attacks for those who are bad at math, and with 2 viking axes, i rarely miss, the average G Axe DMG i see is about 50-60, pathetic. and WS's, the max ive done to an IT++ is 604, average about 250-300 with the single hit Spinning Axe WS, thats SINGLE HIT, WAR/NIN is not just for tanking, in fact its not that great for tanking until 74, because 3 shadows every 30 seconds is weak, but i can outdamage almost anyone anyday
____________________________
Name: Deubain
Server: Fenrir
Jobs: WAR 75, DRG 45 THF 43, RNG 52, NIN 36
LS: Rokkaku
Sandy Rank: 8
WAR/MNK oudamage a WAR/NIN...
# Apr 08 2005 at 12:25 AM Rating: Default
18 posts
____________________________
Name: Deubain
Server: Fenrir
Jobs: WAR 75, DRG 45 THF 43, RNG 52, NIN 36
LS: Rokkaku
Sandy Rank: 8
War/Mnk
# Feb 21 2005 at 6:15 AM Rating: Good
**
864 posts
I finished my AF2 a few weeks ago, got the boots. I am a War/Mnk and plan on getting these gloves soon, once I can round up a bit of help, that is, in the quest area.

As far as the whole /Nin path goes, I get SO tired of seeing War/Nin, War/Nin, War/nin, war/nin, war/nin, war/nin, war/nin, war/nin, war/nin, war/nin when searching-it's sickening that so many people choose ONE path and don't even bother thinking there MAY be major benefits to choosing other subs and not being a damned SHEEP and following the crowd.

With War/Mnk, using a Great Axe, currently +14 str, +19 when using a bit of food, I find myself out damaging the War/Nin's 9 out of 10 times. Just the way it is. I hear all this crap about 'oh, double weilding is the roxors'...well, more often than not my single hit does more or at least equal to both of theirs put together, ESPECIALLY on high defense mobs like IT++ mobs, which their one-handers just aren't strong enough to break through.

I'd rather use War/Nin when tanking. Or soloing. Obviously, because of one thing-the shadows. But in party situations, considering I'm almost always invited as a DD as War/Mnk post 50 and NOT a tank, which I enjoy much more...I find /Mnk to be very useful. ESPECIALLY considering using the AF boots' double attack increase and a soldier's ring at the same time, and putting counter from /mnk into the equation, and focus so more accurate...DOT can actually be quite high even with a slow great axe.


____________________________
75War/Cor/Drk/Sam/Blm/Dnc/Pld..one day the old man is losing that hat!
Str
# Jan 17 2005 at 5:29 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,377 posts
Yeah ok these arent good because of sheild skill they are good because of +4 str now shhhhh.
ummm
# Nov 25 2004 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
*
56 posts
some of us Wars dont Plan on going the over hyped War/Nin path. sure Nin is good for blink but look at it like this

With War/Mnk you get the Vit bonus of mnk, boost, and all the other things that mnk subs Plus the HP bonus. I myself will take War all the way with Mnk. i might experment with Nin but not to be subbed with War.

Besides when you have a sword skill of 118 at level 40 you dont just stop there do you
____________________________
A Dragon can walk tall, But without friends, he still walks alone

LS Clans. Proud member of LS Harpers LS Knightsofthedragon on Asura
RE: ummm
# Dec 15 2004 at 11:56 AM Rating: Default
17 posts
you know you can lvl sword and Axe skill with nin sub lol
____________________________
Keep Working on those Numbers ^^
Diabolos Server
Lasion Profile:San D'Orian http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?49739

Shadowlaw Profile:Bastokan
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?49750
Mithrabasette response
# Nov 24 2004 at 11:10 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
643 posts
I use the enkelados (sp?) braceletes when dual wielding viking axes. The +7 strength is quite nice. When I use Gaxe I use the royal knight mufflers for the additional accuracy.
____________________________
Kkin
Ranger
Another though
# Nov 24 2004 at 9:43 AM Rating: Excellent
38 posts
One thing no one has seemed to realise.. This game was out in Japan before NA right? And back then there was no Ninja for dual weild, so alot of Warrior did the Axe/Shield style. So back then the +10 shield skill would have been nice. But since we've been spoiled, and have Ninja, we know nothing of this :)
RE: Another though
# Dec 31 2004 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
497 posts
I always get amused with posts like this. When Americans figure out how to do something smarter/easier, we are "spoiled", but whenever someone from another country does the same thing, it's being creative. We aren't "spoiled", we are just smart enough to know a good thing when we see it.
____________________________
ffxi - RDM75/BLM37/WHM37/SCH38
WAR75/THF37/NIN37/DNC35/DRK24/MNK11/RNG10
Cooking 91
War/mnk
# Nov 15 2004 at 9:39 AM Rating: Decent
*
178 posts
Personally, I am a War50/Mnk25 and I use a Great axe mainly now. Now that's not to say that I still don't use a sword and shield still. I've been using sword and shield since i began the game and stupid of me not to switch to Great Axe sooner. But I plan on getting these gloves as well. Because it would be nice for the Enmity...period. Right now with war50/mnk25, my HP is 992 and also my STR is 55+16. my ATK usually revolves around 256
____________________________
SMN75/WHM72/WAR71/BLM57
rank 10 Sandorian.
ZM DONE
CoP DONE
ToAU mission 25
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?152169
...
# Nov 01 2004 at 5:55 PM Rating: Default
18 posts
As a future WAR / NIN,

I can't see much use for these. The +Shield does help me and while the +Emnity would be nice to help keep the mobs away from the tender mages, I would rather sub something else.

Do any high level WAR's have any alternatives to shoot for?
point
# Sep 22 2004 at 11:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
428 posts
you got a point there about the enmity
i used to be WAR/MNK with axe and shield before i switched to pally...so i guess they havent forgotten us after all
____________________________
Not really...
Annihilator - Rank 10 Galka, Bastok
PLD75 / WAR37 / NIN37 / MNK33 / THF30 / BST20 / BLU12 / WHM11 / SAM10 / RNG10 / DRK10 / RDM7 / BLM7
Valefor server
Goldsmithing 60.1 + 1 / Alchemy 61 / Cooking 36 / Smithing 32.1 / Clothcraft 22 / Fishing 14 / Woodworking 13
Bastok / Zilart missions CLEAR
Chains of Promathia - PM 8-1
Enmity...
# Sep 21 2004 at 6:31 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
First of all, WAR AF has more +enmity than PLD AF because at 50+ it gets harder for WARs to keep hate.
PLD have a perfectly easy time tanking.

As for the +shield skill, some people don't go WAR/NIN and stay WAR/MNK using a axe and shield.
I'm not sure what the benefits of it are though, since I've never been WAR/MNK. >.>;

Edited, Tue Sep 21 07:33:29 2004
These should be for PLD
# Sep 06 2004 at 7:43 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
428 posts
**** this sucks...these gloves would be GREAT for a PLD, even better than the PLD AF gloves
shields have PLD written all over em, and these have more enmity bonus (3) than the PLD's AF gloves (2)
stupid...
____________________________
Not really...
Annihilator - Rank 10 Galka, Bastok
PLD75 / WAR37 / NIN37 / MNK33 / THF30 / BST20 / BLU12 / WHM11 / SAM10 / RNG10 / DRK10 / RDM7 / BLM7
Valefor server
Goldsmithing 60.1 + 1 / Alchemy 61 / Cooking 36 / Smithing 32.1 / Clothcraft 22 / Fishing 14 / Woodworking 13
Bastok / Zilart missions CLEAR
Chains of Promathia - PM 8-1
RE: These should be for PLD
# Feb 16 2005 at 10:51 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,921 posts
These have a higher enmity bonus because it is much harder for a WAR to keep hate than a PLD, since a WAR is limited in the ways to get hate.
____________________________
FFXIV
Azekani Okaet

FFXI
Jarlaxe 75mnk/37 war
Server: Caitsith
Linkshell: Banditos
Sandy rank 10 CoP done ZM 14

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?96915
Lord Disifer wrote:
Pretty funny when a troll version of a person is more popular than the original.
RE: These should be for PLD
# Nov 21 2004 at 7:33 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,316 posts
How can you say such a thing? Pld can use a shield because they don't need to DD to gain hate, they just need magic. It's so easy for plds to tank its not even funny. So in a way, that+10 shield is pretty much useless, but war needs as much enmity (and CHR, but I'm not going to go into what CHR does for tanking) as they can get.
____________________________
Like Chicago Math Rock? Check out Maps and Atlases' song "Every Place is a House"
Omegavegeta wrote:
And if you don't, it is certainly possibly to steal hate and kite Ulli out in the open area while the RMTs get aggro from the Aura Statues and die.

Just ask Akashi ^^

LS: Millennium
Married to Tado, but he doesn't put out ;(.
are these suited for me
# May 31 2004 at 1:21 PM Rating: Decent
34 posts
Hey I have a quick question.
I would like some opinions on this set of gloves and if they are the best out there for Wars that have leveled up there Great Axe skill and have no Shield Skill to speak of??? The Enminty +3 won't help either if I'm grouped with a Pld and don't want draw hate. Any thoughts?? Thanks in andvance.

____________________________
Only The Greatest Try Where
Angels and Eagels Dare to Fly



Gladium
Server Caithsith
Dark Mercenaries Linkshell
lvl 52 War
lvl 32 Drk
lvl 10 Nin
lvl 16 Thf
#Anonymous, Posted: Jan 28 2004 at 4:18 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Obviously... So how do i get it ???
RE: AF
# May 22 2004 at 2:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
258 posts
this message is old (jan) so any of the info above wasn't available. So remember to check the date of the post first ;)
____________________________
Ragnarok Forums!
My Profile
this is a AF
# Dec 29 2003 at 11:21 PM Rating: Default
*
65 posts
this is a AF
____________________________
my characters layout http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?20756

Post Comment

Free account required to post

You must log in or create an account to post messages.