Ensetsu wishes to reclaim an item he has sold to the Tenshodo, but they will not exchange it for anything other than a Strangely Shaped Coral (key item) from the Korroloka Tunnel. You must go and retrieve it for him.
Talk to Kaede at (J-5) in Port Bastok to begin this quest. After the cutscene, go talk to Kagetora in Warehouse 2, then talk to Ensetsu, who will ask you for a favor.
Make your way to the Korroloka Tunnel. If you're level 30+ (maybe less, but my group and I were at least 30) you shouldn't have to worry about too many aggro mobs. Mobs of interest that should be noted are jellies, bogies, and jammer leeches.
- Follow the path until you can go left and straight. Turn left at (K-8).
- Follow the path until you come out the other side, proceed left.
- When you reach the bridge at (G-9), turn right and cross to the other side.
- Proceed left. When you reach the junction point between going right and left (D-8), go right.
- Follow the path, it will go outside, and back in to another tunnel. Continue to follow it until you can go left or right (H-8). Go left.
- There is usually a lone jelly at this point a party of 3 or more with 1 healer shouldn't worry about it hurting you too much.
- Continue straight and enter the cave on your left (F-9).
- Continue to follow the path. DO NOT cross the bridge, simply continue along the right wall.
- Continue to follow the path until you can go straight or right (H-11). Go right.
- After this point, you may need to be very careful of Bogies, keep a look out and be ready for them. Invis/Sneak/Deodorize and you can get by.
- Keep going straight and you'll cross another bridge.
- When you can go left or right (H-8), go right.
- Follow that path and at the end of (I-7) turn right again. Bogy warning, one can be waiting for you, maybe 2. They have a large aggro/link range. Proceed with caution.
- Follow that path, you may or may not see several Bogy. Whether you spell up and run by or fight them, it is your choice.
- At the end of the path, turn left and go straight to the ??? point.
DO NOT CLICK THE ??? until your group is prepared to fight 3 Korroloka Leeches
After the leeches are killed, quickly click on the ??? point to get a key item: Strangely Shaped Coral. Head back to Bastok and talk to Ensetsu again. He will send you to Norg. It is recommended that you set your home point to Bastok to make things easy.
If you have never been to Norg before, take the airship to Kazham. Rent a chocobo and head down to the south end of the zone. Fall down one of the holes and head behind a waterfall at (E-11). This is the entrance to Sea Serpent Grotto. Make sure you have Sneak up and hug the right wall until you reach a Stone Door. This will eventually lead you to Norg.
Talk to Ryoma, who is standing near the docks. He will give you a key item: Sealed Dagger. Return to Ensetsu one more time for a cutscene. You will then be able to change jobs to a Ninja.
- Kill any Thread Leeches near the ??? point, as when the 3 leeches spawn they will link.
- Should the person that touched the ??? point die, and group members happen to escape unharmed and without aggro. DO NOT RAISE the fallen member unless the Korroloka Leeches are killed. After the timed-event has passed and they vanish, the instant the person who originally touched the ??? point is raised, they will re-appear and more death will result.
To read transcripts and watch video from this quest, see the Ayame and Kaede Spoilers page.
This is part of the job flag quest series. Other quests of the series include:
This page last modified 2009-11-16 13:05:09.