An adventurer has been attacked while on an investigation to Xarcabard -- and the attacker is said to be none other than the Dark Knight, Zeid! Report to the President's Office for a briefing on the situation at hand.
Accept the mission from a Bastok gate guard. Then go the president's office in the Metalworks. Talk to Iron Eater for a cutscene!
After the cutscene, head to the Throne Room in Castle Zvahl Keep for a BCNM fight against Zeid. Volker will join your party in battle after a brief cutscene when Zeid is at roughly 65 percent HP. You lose the fight if Volker dies in battle.
Battle notes about Zeid:
- Zeid can use all great sword weaponskills up to ground strike, which he uses often. He also casts absorb spells.
- Zeid uses an AoE weaponskill called Shockwave that can sleep everyone. Melees can avoid the effect by staying far enough away. Melee may want to use poison potions.
- Zeid uses abyssal strike -- a ranged attack that causes stun -- and abyssal drain, which is comparable to the normal drain spell.
- Zeid appears to have TP regain.
- Zeid will spawn two mobs called Shadow of Rage, which are as strong as Zeid but have very low HP. They have the same attacks as Zeid. The shadow mobs can be killed with a single -ga spell, but Zeid can recall them later in the fight.
After the fight there is another cutscene. Then head back to Bastok and talk to Iron Eater at the president's office in the Metalworks to finish the mission.
To read the transcripts for this quest, see the Where Two Paths Converge Spoilers page.
This mission is part of the Republic of Bastok Mission series. The entire mission series includes:
This page last modified 2008-11-20 18:39:35.