Did the Promyvion Dem last night - rumored to be the easiest of the three. Standard 18 person alliance to get there with very little trouble. We broke off into parties and went into the BCNM with the following group:
We were all experienced players and thought we had a decent strategy with the two ninjas trading vokes to keep the mob busy. A few problems arose with the strategy and caused us to lose with 5% boss health left. Hope you can learn from our mistakes.
1. DO NOT buff the tanks! You should have 2 vokers for tanking/kiting the mob. Do not buff them. The mob does a "steal status effects" and will steal 3 random status effects. Don't give your boss protect and shell.
2. Do not use the anima's until the mob is under 20% health. I can't stress this enough. The bosses go NUTS when they get under 20% life. Use your anima's - especially Psychoanima at this point. Your DD's should also save up barrage, sharpshot, berserk etc for this point. The Promyvion boss also has a nasty regen that kicks in at that point so you want to really crush him at the end.
3. Choose your party configuration CAREFULLY! One party in our group did this with 5 people but don't be foolish and assume you can wint with a bad setup. The optimal party I would recommend for Dem is:
The reason for this is BLM's do terrible damage to the Dem boss. Our BLM's found that their spells were resisted a TON. For that reason I would suggest using a RDM for ES + Gravity and kiting the mob with the two NIN's. If you can't find 2 RNG's I would also suggest a good SMN to use their 2 hour twice during the last 20%. Ramuh supposedly deals very good damage to the bcnm boss in Dem.
4. Finally the boss in Dem lets out "cubs" the run around and attack everyone. The second NIN in our group made the mistake of voking one of these. As a result when my shadows went down he couldn't voke and I got massacred. Have the other tank use a ranged attack on the cubs if they go for the mages. Otherwise IGNORE THEM!
5. Finally its been suggested that using weapon skills causes the boss to counterattack. I didn't find this to be the case. However, you may want to watch your weapon skills and see if he does his nasty 200+ drain after you use them.
Edited, Tue Sep 28 14:02:31 2004 by agentvasz