1
Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

FFXI is not dead.Follow

#1 Apr 16 2010 at 7:55 PM Rating: Default
But, it is to me. When i first entered Vana'Diel, there were so many people that were willing to help out. People used to go out of their way to help others. I quit about a year ago, but i still pop in from time to time. The new wave of FFXI players bothers me. They only care about themselves. They don't play like we played.

So, this is my question:

Who do we rely on in FFXIV? I hope i meet some old friends in Eorzea, but i hope they are old school FFXI ppl.

If you have seen what i have seen... What should we do? Should we be dicks and tell these people to *f off? Or should we just go with the flow?
#7 Apr 16 2010 at 8:08 PM Rating: Default
Do you have a sock that auto rate's people down? It's amazing to me that you would post in a thread ( that you didn't even read) and suddenly i get rated into oblivion. Do you have issues with what i said? If you have logged in in the last day, you would see that people are different from when it all started. You, and most veterans all ready know this, but there are some people that want this info. Rate down = level of truth. The more you rate me down, the more you look like an idiot.
#8 Apr 16 2010 at 8:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
Well, people still seem pretty willing to help out with the newer content. Can you blame those who don't want to help someone with the Rank 5 fights for the 100th time? Or those who don't want to go do the level cap quests again?

That said, there are many LS (at least on Asura) who take new players in and are filled with people willing to help out.

It's hard to stay excited about 6 year old content.
____________________________
Banh
#10 Apr 16 2010 at 8:17 PM Rating: Default
Spoonless wrote:
Well, people still seem pretty willing to help out with the newer content. Can you blame those who don't want to help someone with the Rank 5 fights for the 100th time? Or those who don't want to go do the level cap quests again?

That said, there are many LS (at least on Asura) who take new players in and are filled with people willing to help out.

It's hard to stay excited about 6 year old content.

I understand that. My point was not that people didnt want to do it fot the 100th time, but people don't wanna do it for the first time now. There are some that are willing to help, but the ratio has dropped a lot.
#11 Apr 16 2010 at 8:19 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
Well, people still seem pretty willing to help out with the newer content. Can you blame those who don't want to help someone with the Rank 5 fights for the 100th time? Or those who don't want to go do the level cap quests again?

That said, there are many LS (at least on Asura) who take new players in and are filled with people willing to help out.

It's hard to stay excited about 6 year old content.

I understand that. My point was not that people didnt want to do it fot the 100th time, but people don't wanna do it for the first time now. There are some that are willing to help, but the ratio has dropped a lot.
People don't want to help now, because they're tired of helping out over and over again with the same sh*t for years. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit on the people not wanting to "do it for the first time."
____________________________
Banh
#12Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 8:23 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I was just in game. I was browsing shouts because i was bored. There was shouts for windy 2-1 mission, and nobody answered. That was a pretty freakin easy mission. I saw lots of shouts get answered, but that one never did.
#13 Apr 16 2010 at 8:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
I was just in game. I was browsing shouts because i was bored. There was shouts for windy 2-1 mission, and nobody answered. That was a pretty freakin easy mission. I saw lots of shouts get answered, but that one never did.


I know the game has been out for ever, but, do you really need to be a dick about it?

Windy 2-1? Can't you just solo that with Sneak and Invisible?

Also, why didn't you join the shout?
____________________________
Banh
#15 Apr 16 2010 at 8:31 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,102 posts
Quote:
Do you have issues with what i said? If you have logged in in the last day, you would see that people are different from when it all started. You, and most veterans all ready know this, but there are some people that want this info.

When I started years and years ago, there were plenty of players willing to help, and plenty of players who were jerks.

The last time I logged in, there were plenty of players willing to help, and plenty of players who were jerks.

You could be logged in 24/7 and still not meet enough players to be able to comment with any meaningful accuracy on what they are like as a whole. You have decided how you think it is for everyone based on personal experience, and now you are are seeing everything in the game how you expect it to be, whether it is actually like that or not.


also, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. If you were rated down, maybe it was simply because there was something about your post that didn't impress people.
Quote:
Let me just say this. I never liked you.

I don't like him either, but he's giving your very subjective and rather melodramatic conclusions about as much respect as they deserve.

He's also been playing for quite a while. Doesn't that rather suggest that the jerks have been around all along?
#16Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 8:34 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I can help... just ask. Oh, you don't want to ask? So you think that being an @#%^ is better than asking for help.?
#17 Apr 16 2010 at 8:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,709 posts
Quote:
I was just in game. I was browsing shouts because i was bored. There was shouts for windy 2-1 mission, and nobody answered. That was a pretty freakin easy mission. I saw lots of shouts get answered, but that one never did.


You helped run that noob through 2-1 right. That's the point of this story? OR did you just ignore him too?
____________________________
Sever: Diabolos Bahamut Lakshmi
Angryempath wrote:
Well, if you like having your center of mass above your neck, play Taru. Don't blame me when the wind picks up and you flip over >_>

Rog wrote:
I hate you @#%^ing retards that don't understand that the game pre75 and the game post 75 are two completely @#%^ing different games.
#18Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 8:38 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You must be new around here.
#19 Apr 16 2010 at 8:38 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
I can help... just ask. Oh, you don't want to ask? So you think that being an @#%^ is better than asking for help.?

We know that missions are soloable until the dragon fight. I bet you had friends for that.
You said 2-1. Did you mean 2-3 (the fight)? What was the shout like? I'll help someone with the fight, if that's all they have to do, but I won't usually run through all the BS before it.

I'm sure when FF14 comes out, people will help with all sorts of stuff, but 6 years down the line, people aren't going to want to help some new player through missions that they themselves have helped out with countless times. It's what happens.
____________________________
Banh
#20Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 8:39 PM, Rating: Unrated, (Expand Post) no, i didn't help him. He ended up getting help from his ls. He only waited 3 weeks for 1 missino. ...................
#22 Apr 16 2010 at 8:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,649 posts
Caesura wrote:
Quote:
Let me just say this. I never liked you.

I don't like him either

How can you not like him!? He's the person ever!
____________________________

#25 Apr 16 2010 at 8:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:

No, i wasn't talking about the easy dragon fight. ... So, you just want to make me look bad because i'm not sucking your virtual dick.....Sucks to be you. We all know someone is sucking you off.... but it aint me loser.
So you were talking about a mission that's easily soloable. There's your answer as to why people weren't responding. Is it really that difficult to discern?
____________________________
Banh
#26 Apr 16 2010 at 8:47 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*****
10,227 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Everyone is going to sub-default me now because i said my peace. .. Just like you wanted. The funny thing is, nobody listens to you. We get all our information from people that arent afraid to lose ...... dumb asses.




I would like to assist you by stating that you appear to be quite mad. Funny that no one listens to Rog when he's one of the most informative people on this site.


Smiley: dubious
____________________________
2001-2011, retired because Abyssea destroyed my enjoyment of FFXI.
Garuda/Lakshmi.
#27 Apr 16 2010 at 8:49 PM Rating: Decent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
I don't know why nobody listens to Tenfooterten. He's clearly very lucid and informative.
____________________________
Banh
#28 Apr 16 2010 at 8:51 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
3,759 posts
Spoonless wrote:
I don't know why nobody listens to Tenfooterten. He's clearly very lucid and informative.

You should try using less correct spelling and apostrophes in your sentences. And add some more periods after your existing periods. Your posts would be more comprehensible.
____________________________
Fynlar wrote:
Chew is being a lot more level-headed regarding the whole issue, which is strange because he's probably drunk.
#29 Apr 16 2010 at 8:54 PM Rating: Default
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Doctor Darkdoom wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
Everyone is going to sub-default me now because i said my peace. .. Just like you wanted. The funny thing is, nobody listens to you. We get all our information from people that arent afraid to lose ...... dumb asses.
I would like to assist you by stating that you appear to be quite mad. Funny that no one listens to Rog when he's one of the most informative people on this site.


Smiley: dubious
I'm an elitist though, so it doesn't matter.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#30Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 8:54 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I have helped so many people doing so many things.Anything from starting missions, to COP. I have nothing to prove to you. I'm not the one with a guilty conscious here. You guys seem to feel bad.
#31 Apr 16 2010 at 8:56 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
10,227 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
I have helped so many people doing so many things.Anything from starting missions, to COP. I have nothing to prove to you. I'm not the one with a guilty conscious here. You guys seem to feel bad.


I feel bad for all the people who refused to take my advice because even when they were doinitwrong, obviously you don't listen to elitists. So I suppose you're somewhat right.
____________________________
2001-2011, retired because Abyssea destroyed my enjoyment of FFXI.
Garuda/Lakshmi.
#32 Apr 16 2010 at 8:57 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
Oh, you doctors are all just so smarmy.
____________________________
Banh
#33Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 8:59 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) STFU Darkdoom.
#34 Apr 16 2010 at 9:00 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
10,227 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Oh, you doctors are all just so smarmy.


It was a class at med school. Smiley: cool
____________________________
2001-2011, retired because Abyssea destroyed my enjoyment of FFXI.
Garuda/Lakshmi.
#35Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:02 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Ihope FFXIV is betterthan this shizit.
#36 Apr 16 2010 at 9:03 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,263 posts
Quote:
I'm an elitist though, so it doesn't matter.


Elitist? No. But you are an ass.

Most other highly informative people are either patient with this stuff, or just don't post.

But Rog? No, if it can be trolled he trolls it, hardcore.


I can always count on him to point out every half-instance I put my foot in my mouth, and have come to expect that attitude out of him at every possible opportunity to everyone humanly possible.


But elitist? No, Rog is one of the few people that recognize that the game has gown down to splitting hairs over side grades. As far as his attitude, I think that's just how he copes with the same cycle of complaints seen for seven plus years.
#37 Apr 16 2010 at 9:04 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
10,227 posts
Maybe if 14 isn't so retarded as this game, all the old hats won't become so jaded about everything in the game!


Oh, who am I kidding, it's SE. Smiley: frown.
____________________________
2001-2011, retired because Abyssea destroyed my enjoyment of FFXI.
Garuda/Lakshmi.
#38 Apr 16 2010 at 9:06 PM Rating: Default
Doctor Darkdoom wrote:
Maybe if 14 isn't so retarded as this game, all the old hats won't become so jaded about everything in the game!


Oh, who am I kidding, it's SE. Smiley: frown.

You are the problem. You still play FFXI, but you don't give a sh*t anymore. I understand, but if you are going to log on, you might as well be useful.
#39 Apr 16 2010 at 9:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,620 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
2. I always tell the truth.

What?

This is what I get for replying to a thread I read before meriting and making the post after the merit party...

Edited, Apr 16th 2010 8:08pm by Alkezo
____________________________
FFXI: Lubu, 75DRG, 75RDM, 75THF
WoW: Alkezo, 80 Hunter
Pikko wrote:
I can't freaking believe I didn't click this thread earlier. YOU LITTLE TWERPS!!
#40 Apr 16 2010 at 9:08 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,719 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Doctor Darkdoom wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
I have helped so many people doing so many things.Anything from starting missions, to COP. I have nothing to prove to you. I'm not the one with a guilty conscious here. You guys seem to feel bad.


I feel bad for all the people who refused to take my advice because even when they were doinitwrong, obviously you don't listen to elitists. So I suppose you're somewhat right.


STFU Darkdoom.
It's the other way around.
____________________________
Reiterpallasch wrote:
Horst needs a 1 minute, 15 foot doom aura. Get in, get out, or @#%^ing die.
Calmus wrote:
...draining with sambas is kind of like you smack the thing and as you smack blood flies out... normally the blood would just you know fall and be red an what-not, but, with the samba your all whacked out and decide to drink the blood as it flys out. thus not adding MORE damage just taking more advantage of your damage. at least thats my take on it.
#41Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:09 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I say what i feel. I always speak the truth. It usually gets me sub-defaulted, but thruth is truth.
#42 Apr 16 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,620 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Doctor Darkdoom wrote:
Maybe if 14 isn't so retarded as this game, all the old hats won't become so jaded about everything in the game!


Oh, who am I kidding, it's SE. Smiley: frown.

You are the problem. You still play FFXI, but you don't give a sh*t anymore. I understand, but if you are going to log on, you might as well be useful.

Useful to whom? Why are you expecting people to drop everything they are doing to help somebody they do not even know?
____________________________
FFXI: Lubu, 75DRG, 75RDM, 75THF
WoW: Alkezo, 80 Hunter
Pikko wrote:
I can't freaking believe I didn't click this thread earlier. YOU LITTLE TWERPS!!
#43 Apr 16 2010 at 9:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,620 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Alkezo wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
2. I always tell the truth.

What?


I say what i feel. I always speak the truth. It usually gets me sub-defaulted, but thruth is truth.

I was speaking more in line about how impossible that statement was.
____________________________
FFXI: Lubu, 75DRG, 75RDM, 75THF
WoW: Alkezo, 80 Hunter
Pikko wrote:
I can't freaking believe I didn't click this thread earlier. YOU LITTLE TWERPS!!
#44 Apr 16 2010 at 9:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,263 posts
Quote:
Maybe if 14 isn't so retarded as this game, all the old hats won't become so jaded about everything in the game!


Oh, who am I kidding, it's SE. Smiley: frown.


Don't blame SE, every MMO in the market nowadays has become a disappointment. I think the current formula of MMOs in general has passed it's freshness date. Sad to say but I'm not even expecting much out of the new Star Wars MMO, let alone FF14. It's no longer about the fun an exploration as it is about exploiting the math of the game as much as possible, and unless a game developer figures out how to completely destroy that pattern, it's just going to repeat itself.

My guess is nothing short of completely scratching the current class, income, DPS and risk/reward systems and pretty much starting from scratch with a heavily personal-based story driven MMO will do it.

SW:ToR looks like it has some of the needed elements (particularly the story driven part) but falls into the same rut in other areas.
#45 Apr 16 2010 at 9:11 PM Rating: Decent
**
798 posts
This thread is both awesome and fail at the same time.
#46 Apr 16 2010 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,102 posts
Quote:
When i first entered Vana'Diel, there were so many people that were willing to help out. People used to go out of their way to help others.

Quote:
The new wave of FFXI players bothers me. They only care about themselves.

Quote:
no, i didn't help him. He ended up getting help from his ls. He only waited 3 weeks for 1 missino. ...................

#47Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:12 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) How many quotes are here? I th8ink one of them is mine......
#48 Apr 16 2010 at 9:13 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,263 posts
Quote:
I say what i feel. I always speak the truth. It usually gets me sub-defaulted, but truth is truth.


Saying what you feel isn't always speaking the truth.

There's a difference between speaking the truth and speaking honestly. Just because you are speaking honestly does not always mean you are speaking the truth.

For example, you can be honest when you say you believe God Jesus Santa Clause The Easter Bunny something exists. But you may not be telling the truth.
#49Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:14 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You have helped who?
#50 Apr 16 2010 at 9:15 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,335 posts
Quote:
But Rog? No, if it can be trolled he trolls it, hardcore.


Regardless of how the rest of this thread turns out... I nominate this as quote of the year.
____________________________
(clickable sig, see this thread for info)
#51Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Actually, you insult my intelligence with that jesus/god/allah .. bullsh*t.
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 78 All times are in CDT
chalcus, GavilrainOfGaruda, Zafire, Anonymous Guests (75)