1
Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Best Way to Get Body Seals?Follow

#1 Feb 04 2011 at 5:41 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
I just started farming for my AF3 this weekend for RDM and SCH. Having only reactivated about 2 weeks ago, I'm somewhat limited on stones and time. The body seems like a somewhat difficult piece to obtain, seeing as how you have to farm one NM for a drop to pop another. What is the most efficient way I can go about getting specifically RDM seals? I'll concern myself with SCH at another time. I suppose I could grind Dominion parties for 6-8 months before it finally gives me what I want =p But any other thoughts would be appreciated.
#2 Feb 04 2011 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
**
619 posts
Number one thing you can do is get the abyssites to lower your time by 4 hours per stone, and to get add 3 min per stone. Do these immediately.

-Tonberries in Kons-A
-Quest trading black whisker to Rahal in Vunk-A [You'll need a bit of fame, 2 stacks of Sanguinets will cap you to start the quest.]
-Purchased in Grauberg-A from Cruor Prospector

That'll give you 8 hour stones. Should then work on killing the Nms and doing quests to add 3 min per stone. I trust you can wiki that broseph.

After that, let your stones build up a bit, do a bit of dominion and hopefully get lucky [this is 2 fold, you get free seals randomly, and you can possibly pick up pop items for body seal NMs,] and then find some friends that aren't retarded, or a shell that isn't retarded, and go kill the NM's. If you get 3 stones per day, and 40+ min per stone, you can afford to make a few mistakes and waste some Abyss time here and there.

The NM's aren't difficult, they're just much easier to deal with [and a lot less worry] if you have more time to waste.
____________________________
BANNED
#3 Feb 04 2011 at 5:52 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
218 posts
A quick search on ffxiclopedia brings up 12 methods of obtaining RDM body seals--only 3 of which are NMs.

Enjoy:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Estoqueur's_Seal:_Body
____________________________
------------------------
Serrata (Sylph)

Grindin...!
#4 Feb 04 2011 at 5:56 PM Rating: Decent
**
723 posts
Symfonikz wrote:
A quick search on ffxiclopedia brings up 12 methods of obtaining RDM body seals--only 3 of which are NMs.

Enjoy:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Estoqueur's_Seal:_Body


7 of your 12 ways include me spending months grinding in Abyssea to hopefully get lucky =/ Trust me, I've been looking at that page. Each NM requires a pop item from another NM, all of which cost at least 60K on my server. Does anyone know how difficult the Cactuar that does 4000 Needles is? That pop item is 80k, maybe I can find some high roller who just want seals and will buy the items, we pop then warp back for more?

Edit: Also I'm getting a stone every 8 hours at the moment, and so far they're 33 Minutes each. It just takes time to build them up =/

Edited, Feb 4th 2011 6:58pm by Jeraziah
#5 Feb 04 2011 at 6:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
218 posts
A more cost-effective method is to take a few stones, gather a few friends and go gold chest-farming in one of the Heroes zones. Build up azure, pearl and amber lights on Elementals and then find a squishy mob to pick on for a while. Large gold chests can have pop items (both AH and Key Item) for NMs in that zone, and you could probably knock out some Ops in the process (possibly getting more seals if you're lucky).

Unfortunately, everything about this game is based on luck and being a time-sink...you're gonna have to suck it up and go through it...
____________________________
------------------------
Serrata (Sylph)

Grindin...!
#6 Feb 04 2011 at 6:14 PM Rating: Excellent
**
723 posts
I absolutely don't mind spending my time doing this, I just worry about my limited Abyssea time. For whatever reason people seem pretty lazy in low man seal parties. I think it's because those players have been around for awhile and have stones to burn. There's no sense of urgency to keep TE's flowing.
#7 Feb 04 2011 at 6:33 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
4,632 posts
What job do you have? I was able to single handedly solo about 300 minutes in 4~ hours as NIN/WHM while I was power leveling my dual box char's level 30 SCH. I was Cure III bombing myself but I wasn't casting utsu at all. (And I also spammed ruby light when I hit 180mins, and I still got up to 300.)

You might be able to solo or duo TE's while another small party farm's seal's for you. It'd be win/win. Of course this depends on what atma and job you have, too, really. Try to find something squishy. Also, have your group cap Azure light's by killing the elemental's there before they go seal farming.

Edited, Feb 4th 2011 7:35pm by Zafire
____________________________
Hume male, Zafire, Server: Sylph
50DNC, 50SMN, 50BRD, 50SAM, 50DRG, 50WHM, 52THF, 52COR, 52MNK, 58BST, 60WAR, 67PLD, 69PUP, 75RNG, 75SCH, 75BLM, 80NIN, 80DRK, 85BLU, 85RDM
Retired since February 2011.
All SJ's capped for LVL99!

#8 Feb 04 2011 at 6:42 PM Rating: Decent
**
619 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
I absolutely don't mind spending my time doing this, I just worry about my limited Abyssea time. For whatever reason people seem pretty lazy in low man seal parties. I think it's because those players have been around for awhile and have stones to burn. There's no sense of urgency to keep TE's flowing.


Look Broseph Mengele, if you have limited Abyssea time, then your first focus should be to max your abyssea time. 3 stones per day x 33 min gives you obviously... 99 min per day to kill NMs and do quests to get you 40+. If you can't get a group going by shout, then just do dominion for exp/merits/skill/gil to get your jobs ready to go, and work on finding friends/an ls to kill the mobs.

The mobs are not hard. Getting pops is slightly hard. As I said dominion is 2 fold... you get free random seals [I've gotten 5/8 on 3 hands for jobs, and 5/10 on 3 bodies for jobs just from dominion.] The NM's are not hard. The pop items are slightly hard to acquire, but again, not particularly difficult. They are much less hard to acquire than say... diorite 2 years ago.

Again the main point is that if you have limited time you should maximize it. Either find 1)an LS, or better yet 2) an LS of a few friends, and do all of this BS together.
____________________________
BANNED
#9 Feb 04 2011 at 11:15 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
I had a somewhat successful experience tonight, well not really but I learned a bit and expect to have a good seal farming group tomorrow. I did a shout and made a group letting people know there will be 8 people, 2 lotting each seal type. I figured that way we could keep TE's up, etc and it'd be better in the long run. We actually did fine on time, killing the NM and getting yellow procs but the major roadblock was the pop items that come off of NMs. We killed Audumbla 6 times and never got a single hide. Someone mentioned we needed Blue proc, which I didn't know since I'm still learning and only reactivated a couple weeks ago =/ I had us all covered for Yellow but we couldn't get a pop item.

So we got desperate and decided to buy some off the AH, splitting the cost. There were 7 of us at the time because someone had to go, the item cost 70k so we paid 10k each. The problem was there were only 3 on the AH =/ I got 2 seals, which is a good start I suppose, but this leads me up to my question.

I noticed the pop item for Emperador de Altepa is more readily available on my server, or it is at the moment at least. There isn't a ton of information on the wiki page about this fight, other than he starts with 1k Needle, goes to 2k and then 4k as his HP gets lower and then repeats 4k up to 3 times in a row. What is the best possible low man group you could make for this that gives you a decent chance of proc yellow. Or should I just attempt to make another 8 man group like I did with Yaguarogui and play it safe? Do pets from BST or SMN make this fight any easier to absorb the damage? Do you think the pets should engage or is their damage not worth the TP they would feed?

Yaguarogui really wasn't so bad, I'm thinking of trying it again tomorrow if pop items are available on the AH. Though after fighting him today I think I'd rather go with just 4, do 4 pops and leave and not bother with TEs. Meh, I can't decide. I guess I'll see what the situation is like in the morning when I wake up. 2/10! Goodnight everyone~

Edited, Feb 5th 2011 12:16am by Jeraziah
#10 Feb 04 2011 at 11:23 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
314 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
I noticed the pop item for Emperador de Altepa is more readily available on my server, or it is at the moment at least. There isn't a ton of information on the wiki page about this fight, other than he starts with 1k Needle, goes to 2k and then 4k as his HP gets lower and then repeats 4k up to 3 times in a row. What is the best possible low man group you could make for this that gives you a decent chance of proc yellow. Or should I just attempt to make another 8 man group like I did with Yaguarogui and play it safe? Do pets from BST or SMN make this fight any easier to absorb the damage? Do you think the pets should engage or is their damage not worth the TP they would feed?


Pets can help soak up damage, and if you're worried about them feeding TP you can just sit them next to the mob but not engaged. The only reliable way to take him down that I know of though is when he gets down to around 25% HP pop Fanatics Tonic/Powder/etc and zerg it down.
____________________________
Onion Party on Youtube - Blind run Lets Plays in FFXIV
#11 Feb 04 2011 at 11:26 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
"How I got my RDM body seals" or "If you want something, do it yourself and lock it out"

Made an alliance of roughly 16 people to do Emperador de Altepa, offered people Atma they wanted, drops off of Emperador I didn't want and drops off of the Mandy NM before him.

Went to Altep, had 1 group farm trees for the 1 pop, the other 2 groups farmed mandies, until everyone in the alliance had one of each. Told who to lot what (kept track in notepad) and then popped 16 Mandy NMs in a row. Proc'd on them, then went to Emperador and popped all of those in a row.

Result: Got all my RDM body seals in one night.

Obviously this works best if you can find an NM that has a desirable atma, and if you have a good ability to organize and lead people.

#12 Feb 04 2011 at 11:35 PM Rating: Decent
**
723 posts
Hm you put an idea into my head...the Mandy NM that drops the Oasis Water to spawn the Cactaur drops hand seals for jobs different from the body seals of the Cactaur NM. I could make a group that hands out there killing that, and another group on the other side getting the other pop item. I'm a little confused about the Atma you mentioned. From my limited Abyssea experience, they're just something you get when the mob dies, aren't they? How do you determine who gets it in the case of Emperador de Altepa if I were to try and replicate the group you made for it.
#13 Feb 04 2011 at 11:44 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
314 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
Hm you put an idea into my head...the Mandy NM that drops the Oasis Water to spawn the Cactaur drops hand seals for jobs different from the body seals of the Cactaur NM. I could make a group that hands out there killing that, and another group on the other side getting the other pop item. I'm a little confused about the Atma you mentioned. From my limited Abyssea experience, they're just something you get when the mob dies, aren't they? How do you determine who gets it in the case of Emperador de Altepa if I were to try and replicate the group you made for it.


If you don't know how Atma works, I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself worrying about +1 Body seals...
____________________________
Onion Party on Youtube - Blind run Lets Plays in FFXIV
#14 Feb 04 2011 at 11:50 PM Rating: Decent
**
723 posts
Kaegos wrote:
Jeraziah wrote:
Hm you put an idea into my head...the Mandy NM that drops the Oasis Water to spawn the Cactaur drops hand seals for jobs different from the body seals of the Cactaur NM. I could make a group that hands out there killing that, and another group on the other side getting the other pop item. I'm a little confused about the Atma you mentioned. From my limited Abyssea experience, they're just something you get when the mob dies, aren't they? How do you determine who gets it in the case of Emperador de Altepa if I were to try and replicate the group you made for it.


If you don't know how Atma works, I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself worrying about +1 Body seals...


I have an understanding of what it is, I just don't really have many good ones myself. You need a lunar abyssite to equip one, you can get up to three (Which I have). From what I gather, a Red proc helps you get the atma upon killing? In the mega boss groups I joined the alliance would get the atma after it's dead. You can also get some from memories of past missions you've done, like Windurst rank 10 for example. Like I said, I have a very basic understanding of them, I've just never heard of lotting on them like a previous poster mentioned. Does only one drop? Does it go into the treasure pool? Is it in a chest you /random for? Does the person popping get it? That's all I need explained to me.
#15 Feb 05 2011 at 12:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
5,684 posts
You don't lot atma and it drops to everyone in the alliance.

Triggering the !! once forces all key items from a NM to have about a 99% drop rate, this includes the atma. The whole alliance will receive the atma and any abyssite key items. Only the person popping the NM will receive a trigger key item (if any).

No one mentioned lotting atma. Rather, the poster was say that he was able to rally people together by offering everyone a chance at the atma. Of course, this also assumes people play nice and do not ditch the group right after obtaining their atma.

You only need yellow !! for seals as blue !! will not increase their drop rate and will only apply to gear.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#16 Feb 05 2011 at 12:47 AM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
If you don't trust them, proc red only on the last kill. Smiley: laugh
#17 Feb 05 2011 at 1:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,465 posts
The quest in Altepa is pretty easy and you can get seals from it if you can't get the folks to kill NMs for your seals. It just takes a long time to gather them.
#18 Feb 05 2011 at 9:17 AM Rating: Good
**
804 posts
After killing the tiger and goblin NMs many, many times, this is what I have learned.


People wearing full RDM Artifact 1 armor will always outlot you and people will leave when they have all of their seals.


This is why you quest it unless you have a group of friends ready to help you or if you're willing to hog all the drops yourself. The quest is rather painless and has a surprisingly high drop rate, I'd recommend it over most of the other quests in Abyssea.
____________________________
Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote:
It is one of the beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.


Truth, Justice, and the Onion way!
#19 Feb 05 2011 at 10:54 AM Rating: Decent
You can do an easy repeatable quest in Altepa for RDM "Slacking Subordinates" which takes about 4 minutes to complete. You'll get your seals faster with this than in an NM hunt.

Another easy quest is in Grauberg "The Egg Enthusiast"
#20 Feb 05 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
ChargingFattyTuna wrote:
You can do an easy repeatable quest in Altepa for RDM "Slacking Subordinates" which takes about 4 minutes to complete. You'll get your seals faster with this than in an NM hunt.

Another easy quest is in Grauberg "The Egg Enthusiast"


8/10 blm seals. Done this quest eight times now without a seal. Doing one baby cerb probably would have been a lot faster, how I got my 8 after all.
#21 Feb 05 2011 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
OrofinOdin wrote:
After killing the tiger and goblin NMs many, many times, this is what I have learned.


People wearing full RDM Artifact 1 armor will always outlot you and people will leave when they have all of their seals.


This is why you quest it unless you have a group of friends ready to help you or if you're willing to hog all the drops yourself. The quest is rather painless and has a surprisingly high drop rate, I'd recommend it over most of the other quests in Abyssea.


Not all Red Mages are jerks =p Today I decided to try Emperor of Altepa instead of the tiger. I went with 8 again, 2 lotting each seal type, we all bought pop items before hand. We also alternated drops, so one person doesn't keep beating the other. The other person lotting RDM only needed 3 whereas I needed 8, he stayed after completing his set, thanks to him and the rest of the group I'm 6/10 so far. I'm feeling pretty good about my chances of getting the last 4 this weekend.
#22 Feb 05 2011 at 1:20 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
7,546 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
I absolutely don't mind spending my time doing this, I just worry about my limited Abyssea time. For whatever reason people seem pretty lazy in low man seal parties. I think it's because those players have been around for awhile and have stones to burn. There's no sense of urgency to keep TE's flowing.


Take a few weeks and level subjobs or another job via non abyssea means. Hit up abyssea when you have a bunch of stones. with 8 hour stones you should get 40ish in a couple weeks. That is a lot of start up abyssea time.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#23 Feb 05 2011 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
I intend on doing that in a week or 2 when the patch comes out. I feel like I'm wasting my time grinding up subjobs now since it'll be significantly easier when the update arrives.
#24 Feb 05 2011 at 1:56 PM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
OrofinOdin wrote:
After killing the tiger and goblin NMs many, many times, this is what I have learned.


People wearing full RDM Artifact 1 armor will always outlot you and people will leave when they have all of their seals.


This is why you quest it unless you have a group of friends ready to help you or if you're willing to hog all the drops yourself. The quest is rather painless and has a surprisingly high drop rate, I'd recommend it over most of the other quests in Abyssea.


Lock them out, I don't see why people can't understand this concept?
#25 Feb 05 2011 at 4:14 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
RamseySylph wrote:
Lock them out, I don't see why people can't understand this concept?


It seems greedy to me to tell someone they can't have something, especially with the groups I put together. If I'm asking everyone to buy pop items, and bringing 8 people with 2 lotting each seal, it only seems fair to let the other person needing the seal lot as well. You can't really do "your pop, your drop" with seals because you don't need them all...well I don't at least, and I don't think most people would. Now with your idea from a previous post about having people come for the Atma, I can understand making a claim to the RDM seals that drop there.
#26 Feb 05 2011 at 4:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,653 posts
paskil wrote:

ChargingFattyTuna wrote:

Another easy quest is in Grauberg "The Egg Enthusiast"


8/10 blm seals. Done this quest eight times now without a seal. Doing one baby cerb probably would have been a lot faster, how I got my 8 after all.


I spammed this quest for fame and from around 17 runs I got zero seals of any kind. Can't say I'd recommend it for getting body seals, unless you feel like going completely mental.

Jeraziah wrote:
It seems greedy to me to tell someone they can't have something, especially with the groups I put together. If I'm asking everyone to buy pop items, and bringing 8 people with 2 lotting each seal, it only seems fair to let the other person needing the seal lot as well. You can't really do "your pop, your drop" with seals because you don't need them all...well I don't at least, and I don't think most people would. Now with your idea from a previous post about having people come for the Atma, I can understand making a claim to the RDM seals that drop there.


It's not being greedy, what it does is give everyone a better shot at getting what they want. You and the people in your group will finish items faster. You just fill 1 or 2 slots for each seal, then stop advertising the ones that have filled when you shout. The only problem is if you can't find people who want all the seals.

Edited, Feb 5th 2011 10:47pm by blowfin
____________________________
I tell you, we are here on Earth to **** around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 81 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (81)