I played FFXI when it first came out and left when everyone switched over to WoW back in the day. We tried the new FF online back in 2010 and were greatly disappointed. FFXI is still my favourite online game to this day and I miss working together as a team performing skill chains and exp chains. I'd have to say that the skill chains and magic bursts, and exp chains were a great feature.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions below:
1. How is the FFXI community? Are more people coming back?
2. Which server is the most populated? I would be interested in the most active server.
3. Did FFXI fix the long hours of waiting for a group in Jeuno? :) I assume there is auto-party system now?
4. Using NPCs or Trusts, can 1 easily solo?
5. Do Beastmasters get a perma pet or must they still charm and re-charm after x amount of time? I hope this fix this one day.
6. Are Bards and Redmages still loved like back in the day?
7. How are Paladin tanks? Do people still prefer ninjas because of blink?
8. Which jobs are in high demand now mid to end game mostly?
9. Overall, is the FFXI still strong? I feel like it is.
Once I get Microsoft to retrieve my old Hotmail account, I'll find my old PlayOnline information. Hopefully I can access my old characters. I had over 3 million gil, the Hauberk (if it is still around?) and other equipment that might still be good.
Rubicund / Palisade (Galka tank)