Ten. Their dialog (be warned of spoilers):
1. Warning. Chamber of Eventide accessed by unauthorized personnel, 4789209-980 increments previous.
2. Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi and Garden of Ru'Hmet portals under celestial defense mechanism control. Access restricted to security personnel.
3. Employ matter transfer devices within each tower to descend to lower levels.
4. Due to authority figure absence, support personnel remain active in Al'Taieu city sector.
5. Anti-intruder personnel deactivated. Request immediate response.
6. Celestial defense mechanism deactivated in city sector. Royal family directive required to deactivate Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi and Garden of Ru'Hmet defenses.
7. Fei'Yin, Ro'Maeve, and Pso'Xja destroyed during spatial transfer of Al'Taieu. Heavy casualties recorded among Kuluu personnel.
8. Crystal power supply to palace restricted to minimum level. Matter transfer devices and towers operational.
9. Possible rupture in Chamber of Eventide. Access to research facilities prohibited.
10. Utilizing the crystal's versatile energy, the towers were reconfigured into weapons in the battle with the wyrms.
Like Al'Taieu, talk to any of them after you've talked to *all* of them (most convenient is to talk to whichever one you find last, twice), and you'll get a different line of dialog which results in you getting the map.
There are also ten in Ru'Hmet, for the Ru'Hmet map. They're easier to describe the locations though: three on the main floor (easily soloable with sacrificial-if-aggro level 1 job, subbing RNG for Wide Scan; one of those three is even in the no-enemies entry foyer), one on the third floor of each of the five racial towers, and two on the second floor of the big central tower (one near the elevator, one near the place to get Brand of Dawn). Their dialog (more spoilers):
1. The Zilart followed the voice to the top of the Garden of Ru'Hmet. The Brand of Dawn and Brand of Twilight are required for access.
2. The Kuluu boy returned with many companions of malignant races. Why did he not bring his friend, the Zilartian prince?
3. Once, many voices could be heard while standing here. Now it seems that everyone is sleeping.
4. This material is detritus that accompanied the spatial transference. It interferes with our patrol routes.
5. This is the Garden of Ru'Hmet. A matter transfer device in the center of the palace connects the upper and lower levels.
6. After the spatial transference, the Dawn Maiden and the Kuluu boy sealed the audience chamber. It has not been opened since.
7. The crest of the royal family represents the five senses and the higher awareness that governs those senses.
8. The maelstrom you see above the palace is a remnant of the spatial transference.
9. A philosopher once reasoned that the energy of the crystal could be divided into five properties. These towers made that division possible.
10. The energy of each tower is unique. Before the battle with the wyrms, these towers were sacred places that glowed with the light of healing.
Vilurum - Quetzalcoatl
Career bard. Mission hound. Map collector.
Fan of logic and objectivity over prejudice. Map List