1.8 In-Progress Set #1 - 3/16/12
In preparation for 1.8 testing, the previous "prelude" note sets for PTS have been unstickied and merged into the list below.
== FEATURES IN TESTING ==
* A new equipment slot for crafted Seal items is now available. Recipes to create Seals are available beginning around level 40/skill level 225 for all production crafting skills with the exception of Runecrafting, and can be found on various crafting recipe merchants.
* Two additional Professions - Fishing and Survival - are now in testing on PTS. These professions do not count against the existing limit of 3 Professions on a character. Find new Fishing and Survival Trainers in Meridian or Sanctum, or head to Argent Glade or Kelari Refuge and speak with the trainers there to start off on your Fishing adventure! PTS NOTE: Not all recipes granted by these professions are final, resulting items are still having effects and bonuses added to them. Survival gear is not yet ready for use.
* Additional Instant Adventures are available and ready for testing on Ember Isle!
* The third tier of Planar Attunement can now be unlocked!
* Characters in Guilds may notice a new Recruiting tab on the guild UI - the first sign of the new guild recruiting and guild finding tool!
ummmmm k.. so fishing is Fishing - similar and different from WoW.
1. Get your pole - YOU DO NOT NEED TO EQUIP it - just use it right out of your bag on your hotbar
2. click it and target a area
3. fishing thingy will bobble...reclick the pole on your hotbar and it starts to real in
4. Sometimes you can hover your mouse over the line and it shows a fish icon and it opens a reward window..rewards ranged from Notoriety fish, artifacts, fish used in Survival profession
Basically think Cooking + Bandages + Tents all in one profession - Most of it appears to be food you make from fishing
Edited, Mar 16th 2012 9:16pm by Puremallace
Edited, Mar 16th 2012 9:17pm by Puremallace