Here's a few stupid little tips and tricks i've come across in my many WHM days that helps low level noobs get levels:
1) Until about lvl45ish parties, you can Regen1 and Cure1 the entire party and usually have time to rest MP within the battle and keep your entire party alive without a problem of gaining hate. Casting Cure1 will give you a better MP-HP ratio than Cure 2 or 3 and with Regen on, you shouldn't have any problems keeping everyone alive. Note: I said till lvl40ish... after that, Cure1 almost ebcomes useless.
2) To easily cap your Enhancing and Healing Magic, stand outside a mog house, cast Cure1, Regen1, Protectra, etc until your MP is gone. Run into your nog house for a quick full-heal, walk back outside, repeat process. I usually get to lvl 80-90 doing this.
3) If youre just trying to pound out WHM without honestly trying to make it perfect... a quick and cheap way is this:
Note: This is just for a quick way to lvl, not intended for serious WHM levling.
SPELLS: Buy only Cure spells, all Protectra and Shellra's, Flash, Haste, Erase, Dia's, and Regens. Yeah, you may get flack from parties for nto having specific spells but these are the only spells you should need if your party knows their jobs. A WHM is to keep people alive, these spells are all you need for that.
GEAR: MP Regen gear like Seer's and such to help gain your MP faster between battles. Having only certain spells like those above might have you casting more of them to make up for others not present... not a problem, just get it all back in due time and no one is mad! WHM's dont need gear honestly... you dont get hit! You can take a few licks and an AoE here and there, focus your gear more towards the potency of spells and MP Regen... its fairly cheap and easy gear to get. As for weapons, just grab a cheap MND+ or INT+ club. It will enhance your cure and enahncing spells and like I mentioned, thats all thats needed to keep a party alive.
FOOD: Just take Ginger Cookies... its all you should need. Helps with the MP Regen while resting thing and they are extremely easy to find and fairly cheap.
MAGIC LVLS: Dont worry about your Dark Magic or Divine Magic, you wont be using it much. Focus on your Healing and Enhancing Magic, which I mentioned an easy way to lvl above. Alsp, anytime youre on a ship or waiting for a party or any downtime, cast and rest while you wait.. even a quick .1 skill up is worth it!
4) A REAL easy way to make gil while you seek a party is tele-scrolls. Sit in Lower Jeuno (seems to be where most people shout for tele's) and teleport people for gil while you search for party. HEy, its better than just sittin in Sandy listening to all the noob /say's!
5) Staves = Good for soloing. Clubs = Good for parties. Both have their times to be used but my main focus of #5 here is always have one of each. Even in some party situations, a staff might be more useful than a wand and vise-versa. I know inventory space is hard to have, but I recomend carrying as many different weapons as possible. My usuall ******* is a MND+/INT+ wand, high damage Staff, and another weapon depending on what i'm getting into.
6) I cant emphisize this enough even with caps lock on but ALWAYS CARRY ANTIDOTES AND ECHO DROPS! They are cheap and easily found EVERYWHERE so always have a stack of each. I know I know, "there's Poisona and Silena bla bla bla I like to argue bla bla bla" but ask anyone who has lvled WHM... we've all died from Poison and Silence cause we were out of MP. Come prepared with medicines... its part of the job.... get used to it.
7) People will always say "A WHM should NEVER melee"... well they are telling you the truth! I know I know "but I need to lvl my weapon too!".... well, no you dont. You'll never melee... the quicker you realize that, the less stressful you'll make us all. And for all who's wondering why, here:
-You're a WHM, youre attack sucks, thats just the jobclass and not you so dont take it personally. If, and thats saying if you somehow land an attack, its not gonna be much damage even with the highest damaging club you can have. I know I know "but any damage is still damage!" WRONG! You're little 5-10 damage hits only givie it that much more TP for the mob to use oh lets say... umm... BOMB TOSS! Yes, youre pathetic little WHM hits only give the mob more TP which in turns makes you use more MP to cure and thus ******* your party off even more so just dont melee, please.
8) If your in a party of level lets say 35+ and the pt has absolutely no chance in defeating the mob and you have a teleport spell, CAST IT! Ive been thanked by even the highest and most experienced players for it and so will you! But do makes sure its the right one. Example: If youre in Crawler's Nest and you cast Teleport-Holla, they may get mad, cast Teleport-Mea instead and choco back. It seems like a stupid move but i'd rather choco the 5-10 minutes back to Crawler's Nest than take a death and wait to be unweakened ANY day!
9) This should be known through common sense but dont heal mages in a party. They have to rest for MP anyways, they dont need to be fully healed to do so, save your MP for the melee classes.
10) This one is sorta related to #9. If you don't have Signet, you lose TP from resting. So to prevent your frontline jobs from possibly losing TP, save your MP for them, dont waste MP on BRD's, BLM's, other WHM's, etc unless of corse they need it.
Well thats all I feel like typing so I hope that helps some of you new WHM's out there!
P.S. - another quick note to noobs, just like this forum post will get, there's always gonna be other players who will tell you you're wrong and correct you and tell you all this other high level jargon about magic bursts and all that... just tell them youre new and you'll learn about it all later. Learn the basics first and make sure you have a solid understanding of those before you listen to them. They just wanna impress you anyways, and sometimes that leads to untrue information as well. You'll eventually learn everything, dont worry, just take steps like these for now and learn what you can at YOUR pace, not theirs and most importantly just have fun cause this game rules!