Forum Settings
Reply To Thread

nusku's sash better for haste build?Follow

#1 Sep 08 2011 at 11:23 AM Rating: Good
41 posts
if anyone knows who haste or total delay gear is calculated please chim in. i was doing some math and it seems that nusku's sash might be better for total delay reduction.

af3+2 head = 6% haste 5% DW
neck 1% haste
body af1 5% DW
legs af3+2 7% haste
belt 7% haste twilight
legs af3+2 7% haste
feet af3+2 4% haste
ear sup 5% DW
35% DW job triat
so this is 25% haste
and 50% DW

on oriandori and kamome (just for fun) = 370 total delay. now this is 75% total ehancement to delay reduction witch i think 80% is the max. so if you do 370 x .050 (DW) = 185, 185 x .25 (haste) = 46.25 185 - 46.25 = (138.75 total delay)

but if you take out twilight belt and say used nusku's sash and used ocelot or dusk on the hands it brings haste to 20% and DW to 55% still a total of 75%, but the math total differently for this.

370 x .55 (DW) = 203.5 370 - 203.5 = 166.5 166.5 x .20 (haste) = 33.3 166.5 - 33.3 = (133.2 total delay)

unless se just calculates it as 370 x .75 = 277.5 370 - 277.5 = (92.5 total delay) in wich case it doesnt matter how you get your delay reduction, either from haste or DW.

now with that said since the total delay reduction is 80% wouldnt that mean from a haste spell (15% haste) you would only be gaining 5% haste? or would haste and brd songs still stack? if you already built up a 75% build.
#2 Sep 09 2011 at 6:16 PM Rating: Excellent
824 posts
You have the right of it the first time, the formula is:

(Delay) * (1-DW) * (1-Haste) = Total delay

The main difference between Haste and Dual Wield is that your TP per swing is calculated after Dual Wield is applied; in other words, Dual Wield reduces your TP gained by swing, while Haste in any form does not, which is why increasing DW at the expense of capped gear Haste is unwise.
rdmcandie wrote:
RDM can attain an almost static 50% reduction to recast time, SCH can over shoot this for a total of 60% reduction under Alacrity (provided you are wearing loafers and keeping dark weather on yourself)

rdmcandie wrote:
MACC is a joke, any job with access to mage gear can hit close the MACC cap on legion mobs, which is why my BRD/RDM can land slow/para/blind despite having only 150 skill (from /RDM.)
#3 Sep 13 2011 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
1,807 posts
Sort of right, sort of not. I believe you arrived at the correct "total delay" for your example, but to refer to 50% DW + 25% haste as "75% total enhancement" is incorrect. The numbers cannot be added.

You can use a variation of the formula Lytia gave above to find the total delay reduction, but without introducing an arbitrary and unnecessary example.

1 - (1-DW)*(1-Haste) = total delay reduction factor.

So, the correct value for "total enhancement" from 50% DW + 25% haste works out to 62.5% total delay reduction. If you add the effect of the haste spell to that, you get 70% total delay reduction.
VxSote: "He Who Stands in Smoking Crater"
BLM, WHM, RNG, RDM, SCH, NIN 99 -- Fenrir (Unicorn) -- Gold 100+, Synergy 80, all subs 60+.
Another Look at Conserve MP
Leader, Screwdriver Dynamis Linkshell
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help


Recent Visitors: 0 All times are in CDT