1
Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Samurai Equipment Guide (12-FEB-2008)Follow

#27 Jan 22 2008 at 9:18 AM Rating: Decent
Prettier Than You
*****
12,975 posts
War Bow +1 is the best bow you can equip for /RNG for a very, VERY long time, and thus I believe it should be mentioned. This is my bow of choice for anything capped 50 and above, since /RNG is my sub choice at that range. (60 cap Ballista as SAM/RNG is probably one of the best jobs on the field in my opinion.)




I am kind of irked this guide got stickied since now I know the one I was working on isn't going to be, but I guess I don't care since I pretty much kicked my XI habit anyway.
____________________________
Did you lose faith?
Yes, I lost faith in the powers that be.
But in doing so I came across the will to disagree.
And I gave up. Yes, I gave up, and then I gave in.
But I take responsibility for every single sin. ♪ ♫


Thank god I stopped playing MMOs.
#28 Feb 06 2008 at 5:26 AM Rating: Decent
Very nice, I had missed some of the newer items released over the last few months.

I kinda wish the rating system from the previous guide would have made it into the new one.
It's not really a clear enough when specifying whether gear is TP/WS/Haste (I'll admit it is on some pieces).

Having the dps value on weapons would be useful addition, ffxiah or ffxisomepage have the values if needed.

Rate up!
____________________________
Fangs ~ Shiva ~ Rank 10 Windhurst.
MNK75|WAR75|SAM75|NIN50|THF37|DNC37|DRG37

Veyron ~ Shiva ~ Rank 7 San d'Orian.
WAR75|BRD75|PLD68|NIN54|THF37|WHM37|RDM37

Mikc ~ Shiva ~ Rank 7 Bastok - Retired
DRK75|BLM64|RNG58|SAM44|THF37|WAR37|NIN37|WHM37|RDM37
#29 Feb 08 2008 at 9:40 PM Rating: Good
**
499 posts
That quote you got in the topic about critical hit rate actually hurting you is pure BS. Otherwise it's a pretty decent guide.
____________________________
Now Playing: Aion
#30 Feb 12 2008 at 10:03 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
464 posts
Zack, I added the War Bow +1. I can't believe I forgot to add that one! It is a very good bow.

TatsumiChan wrote:
That quote you got in the topic about critical hit rate actually hurting you is pure BS. Otherwise it's a pretty decent guide.


Thank you for the compliment on the guide. However, if you have cause to say that the quote on Milich's calculations about Crit Hit Rate is incorrect, please provide us some numbers so we can disprove this.
____________________________
Bleam FFXI (Retired) 75MNK/SAM/NIN/SMN/THF  
Bleam WoW (Retired) 80 Druid 
Golf WoW (Retired) 80 Death Knight 
Tewksberry WoW (Retired) 80 Hunter 
Rahana WoW (Retired) 80 Priest


TwiddleDee wrote:
Purchase and instal a bigger hard drive, at the moment my PS3 has 500GB memory which is plenty.
#31 Mar 09 2008 at 10:17 PM Rating: Good
**
386 posts
Bleam wrote:
Zack, I added the War Bow +1. I can't believe I forgot to add that one! It is a very good bow.

TatsumiChan wrote:
That quote you got in the topic about critical hit rate actually hurting you is pure BS. Otherwise it's a pretty decent guide.


Thank you for the compliment on the guide. However, if you have cause to say that the quote on Milich's calculations about Crit Hit Rate is incorrect, please provide us some numbers so we can disprove this.


Well it doesn't -hurt- you. As he shows, you get less of an increase of DoT, but you still deal MORE damage. So you still gain, just not in similar % as to lower. More crit is good, just not when you could have better. This is why Pole > anything unless Soboro.

As for your guide... I appreciate the compilation of all available Sam gear but to be completely honest, one could simply search SAM on usable gear and find all of that. The questions people have are
What is the best, and for how long?
Not "What can I use?"

Good research work, it is appreciated :) But just a suggestion, remove the garbage from it (Bushido Cape? H.Kote?) and give level gaps to use it with^^
____________________________
Barrak Hussein Obama wrote:
We can raise their taxes. They can afford it!

Corporations wrote:
Yes we can! By laying off half our employees. No way we'll lose OUR profits! Hello China :)

-----------------------
TybudX wrote:
I was late picking up my kid from day care once, cause Fafnir window was up. I was so embarrassed, I totally just left him there... four years ago. I wonder how he's doing.
#32 Mar 10 2008 at 2:36 PM Rating: Decent
18 posts
Guide has been really good for me so far..level 25 SAM atm so hopefully this guide helps me in the later levels too.
____________________________
·•¤ø¤•· Galka ·•¤ø¤•·
·•¤ø¤•·SAM/WAR·•¤ø¤•·
·•¤ø¤•··•¤ø¤•··•¤ø¤•·


#33 Mar 12 2008 at 4:23 AM Rating: Default
**
848 posts
Just a small note, you seems ot have forget that there is Artifact +1 equip in FF11 too. since the guide is dated from 12.02.08 I was expecting those to be here.

Other than that seems nice. Also why smilodon mantle +1 is not mentionned as a good ws piece ? I dont think anything can beat the 5 str on it or I understood sam ws calculation wrong ?
____________________________
www.woals.com / EndGame EU LS in Kujata
#34 Mar 12 2008 at 6:40 AM Rating: Default
Sage
**
464 posts
Kimky wrote:
Just a small note, you seems ot have forget that there is Artifact +1 equip in FF11 too. since the guide is dated from 12.02.08 I was expecting those to be here.

Other than that seems nice. Also why smilodon mantle +1 is not mentionned as a good ws piece ? I dont think anything can beat the 5 str on it or I understood sam ws calculation wrong ?


Not really sure how to respond to this... I did list AF+1 that I thought were actually helpful to SAM.

The smilodon mantle(+1) was listed... and it doesn't beat Amemet+1. There was a post awhile back showing this.
____________________________
Bleam FFXI (Retired) 75MNK/SAM/NIN/SMN/THF  
Bleam WoW (Retired) 80 Druid 
Golf WoW (Retired) 80 Death Knight 
Tewksberry WoW (Retired) 80 Hunter 
Rahana WoW (Retired) 80 Priest


TwiddleDee wrote:
Purchase and instal a bigger hard drive, at the moment my PS3 has 500GB memory which is plenty.
#35 May 05 2008 at 11:00 AM Rating: Decent
49 posts
Good guide Bleam.
I think my brain **** itself when I read ur sig though!
____________________________
Pyrus 61 SAM Retired http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?70327
Killik 71 SAM
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?187691
#36 May 05 2008 at 1:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
51 posts
great guide bleam. Couple of things I think you might want to mention is Seiryu's Kote for /rng and maybe that new ecphoria ring(acc +4, store TP +1) as an alternative to sniper/woodsman.
#37 May 25 2008 at 4:31 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
93 posts
Might want to add Power bow+1 and Great bow+1 to the bow list(both good at low levels and last a while too).
____________________________
Its only a game link shell recruiting.
GMT based link shell on the carbuncle server looking for members any level welcome.
If your looking to join a GMT link shell please send a tell to macka in game.
#38 Sep 02 2008 at 8:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
501 posts
Might want to add Royal Guard's collar to the neck pieces.
____________________________
Siroggel
Drg: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?160201
War: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?160345
(These are out of date, and I'm too lazy to keep up)
Bismarck
#39 Sep 14 2008 at 5:36 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
125 posts
Belaneau wrote:
Bleam wrote:
Zack, I added the War Bow +1. I can't believe I forgot to add that one! It is a very good bow.

TatsumiChan wrote:
That quote you got in the topic about critical hit rate actually hurting you is pure BS. Otherwise it's a pretty decent guide.


Thank you for the compliment on the guide. However, if you have cause to say that the quote on Milich's calculations about Crit Hit Rate is incorrect, please provide us some numbers so we can disprove this.


Well it doesn't -hurt- you. As he shows, you get less of an increase of DoT, but you still deal MORE damage. So you still gain, just not in similar % as to lower. More crit is good, just not when you could have better. This is why Pole > anything unless Soboro.


This. Stacking Crit+ will increase damage because you will critical more. The only time it will hurt DoT is when you're stacking Crit over something else that would improve DoT.

Why are Destroyers such a widely used endgame MNK weapon? Good Damage, low delay, 6% critical hits. Puts them fairly close in parse to Spharai. (sp?)

His point mathmatically isn't wrong, but logically, it is. Yes, by stacking Crit you're not gaining damage because stacking crit just increases the % chance critical will occur, not the base damage you're doing, the speed you're swinging, or how accurate you are. However, at 20% crit+ you're going to do more damage than 6% crit+ (because you're criticalling 14% more of the time, roughly) so long as you're not replacing any of those other important DoT stats.

Ideally everyone would have the best gear available, but realistically this isn't possible. Some people don't have a lot of play time, some people do. Some people have full usukane, some people have SH+1/dusk pants+hands/fumas. Some people would benefit from stacking crit+ gear when they are not yet able to attain some of the better gear out there.

That is why that excerpt should be removed, because milich is a very respected poster, and that blurb is very misleading.
____________________________
[75 MNK|75 PLD|60 THF|40 BLM] (37 WAR/37 NIN/37 SAM/32 DNC/37 RDM)
ZM16 / CoP 5-3 / ToAU 22 / WotG 4 / ACP Boss
-- Ramuh Server --
#40 Nov 06 2008 at 10:10 PM Rating: Decent
*
161 posts
Good work. Thanks for putting this together. The previous one is quite outdated.

Didn't see them being mentioned, so here they are:

Black Tathlum
DEX +1 Accuracy +4 Attack +4
Lv. 70 MNK/THF/SAM/DRG/PUP/DNC

Hachiryu haidate
[Legs]
DEF: 42 STR +10 Attack +5
Enhances "Zanshin" effect
Set: Enhances "Store TP" effect
Lv. 75 WAR/MNK/RNG/SAM/NIN

Genbu's kabuto (Great for /DNC Waltz)
[Head]
DEF: 35 HP +50 VIT +15 +50
Lv.75 WAR/MNK/BST/BRD/RNG/SAM/NIN

And I don't know if it's worth being on the list:

Hacchonenbutsu Dangozashi
(Great Katana)
DMG: 70 Delay: 378 Accuracy +4
Hidden Effect: Double Attack + 2.5%
Lv. 74 SAM

That's all I have off the top of my head.
#41 Jan 12 2009 at 3:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
441 posts
Just a few tweaks in mind. Apart from the items mentioned below, it would be worthwhile also linking the SAM thread discussing SAM WS accuracy testing and a general comment about +STR equipment being generally accepted as the best WS gear for SAM's Yuki/Gekko/Kasha WS.

Pole Grip: Best strap for SAM (even with Soboro) especially for melee WS.

Shinimusa Hara-Ate: wear either this or Rajas Ring after LV50 to lower the number of melee hits to reach 100% TP, change to Jaridah/Scorpion/Haubergeon when available.

Usukane Sune-Ate: best SAM feet armour.




____________________________
War 75 Nin75 Sam75
#42 Feb 04 2009 at 5:16 AM Rating: Decent
*
62 posts
How about Cuchulain's Mantle for back.

Cuchulain's mantle Rare
[Back] All Races
DEF: 8 STR +4 DEX +4 Accuracy +5
Lv. 74 WAR / MNK / RDM / THF / PLD / DRK /
BST / BRD / RNG / SAM / NIN / DRG / BLU /
COR / DNC
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?190919

... one of the biggest obstacles in MMOs: getting us to play with others and cooperate against a mutual enemy-including other players. Jeff Green
#43 May 14 2010 at 4:16 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
Nice guide. One thing I would like to mention is the Precision Bandana. Level 25, def 8, Acc +3. Seems to me like it would be a good alternative to Emp Hairpin considering it's roughly 1/10th the cost (on Asura, last I checked)

Is it pretty new? None of the other job forums I've looked at mention it either.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)