Summoner Spirit Casting/Recast timers.
THIS LOOKS A LOT BETTER HERE...
Still will test more... kinda work in progress.
Just uploaded video... if it doesn't work give it sometime.
I have always wondered if there was a cap to the recast timers on our spirits spells, or if we had unlimited reign to lower it so we could be casting spells every seven seconds (which is the theoretical maximum low possible). Theoretically you could achieve a seven second recast timer, Because of this I also wanted to test to see if during the cast of Ancient Magic you could use the "Assault exploit" to have your elemental cast another spell on top of the Ancient Magic. Its a long shot, but heres to hoping.
This is what is needed to achieve the theoretical maximum lowest recast timer of 7 seconds.
* maximum smn magic skill build
* capped summoning magic skill
* 2hr ability
* Day of the week matching
* matching weather effect
* summoner spats
Actual Test Criteria #1:
This is how close to the cap I was for the theoretical maximum recast timer.
* maximum smn magic skill build= X (335 skill -4 off from absolute maximum using Smn Spats instead of Oracle Braconi or Marduk Pants)
* capped summoning magic skill= O
* 2hr ability= O
* Day of the week matching= O
* matching weather effect= O X **Only one weather effect actually counts towards recast timer, so double weather is not needed**
* summoner spats=O
Things to know about Spirits:
First I have to say that I couldn't do this test without Spira's guide on spirits. You can find it here if your interested where I got the equations for recast timers and other information.
The following bullets are key facts needed to test what i wanted to test. These are taken from Spira's guide.
* The specific duration of the spirit timer is from the time your elemental completes its first spell until the time it starts casting the next spell. Alternatively, if it is interrupted, from 1 second after it becomes interrupted.
* Before considering external factors or gear, the timer is 45s for Summoners with Summoning skill capped.
* For every 3 skill above or below cap, the timer decreases and increases by 1 second respectively.
* The current day can influence the timer by 3s. -3s if the day is of the same element as the spirit, +3s if it is of the element which the spirit is weak to.
* The timer reduces by 2s if the weather is the same element as the spirit. It increases by 2s if weather is of the element which the spirit is weak to. Weather from all other elements do not affect the timer. Dual weather effects have the same influence as single weather.
* The Summoner 2HR ability Astral Flow reduce 5s from the timer.
* The Summoner AF2 "Summoner's Spats" also reduce 5s from the timer.
* The spirit timer is dynamic and can change if any of the factors affecting it change at any time.
* All elementals when freshly summoned, have their spirit timer already counting down from half.
* The pet commands "Assault" and "Retreat" reset the spirit timer.
* Using "Assault" when your elemental starts casting a long spell starts its next timer prematurely, allowing it to cast its next spell sooner.
22:21:27 Astral Flow used.
22:21:40 Assault command given to start timer to cast first spell.
22:22:05 Spirits starts to cast Freeze.
22:22:08 Assault command given to reset casting timer.
22:22:25 Ice spirit casts Freeze.
22:22:26 Ice weather wears off.
22:22:36 Ice spirit starts to cast Frost.
22:22:43 Ice spirit casts frost.
22:23:06 Ice spirit starts to cast Frost.
22:23:13 Ice spirit casts Frost.
22:23:33 Ice spirit starts to cast paralyze.
22:23:41 Ice spirit casts Paralyze.
22:24:00 Ice spirit starts to cast frost.
22:24:08 Ice spirit casts frost.
22:24:26 Astral Flow wears off.
22:24:28 Ice spirit starts to cast Blizzard IV
Buffalo dies with a nuke to da face!
Taking a look at the data:
Using this formula 48-(Current summoning magic skill - Natural skill cap)/3 (taken from spira's guide), I should have had an 8 second recast timer, and 10 second recast timer once weather effect wore off after freeze. Let's take a look at my raw data and see if this holds true, or if we are hitting a cap.
Time between Assault command and casting of first spell : 25 seconds
Assault command given 3 seconds after freeze started to be cast.
Ice spirit cast freeze 17 seconds after assault command given.
Ice spirit casts frost 11 seconds after freeze was cast. OR 28 seconds after the assault command was given.
Ice spirit casts frost 23 seconds after last frost was cast.
Ice spirit casts Paralyze 20 seconds after frost was cast.
Ice spirit casts Frost 27 seconds after paralyze was cast. (changed to thundersday so 3 seconds was added which might explain the 27 second cast time)
Ice spirit casts Blizzard IV 20 seconds after Frost was cast. (this 20 second lapse confuses me when I had 27 seconds prior.)
Overall I am pretty confused. The exact cast and recast time I am unable to say for sure. It seems there are some variables that have yet to be found. I say this because to me it doesn't make any sense why it took 27 seconds to cast frost on thundersday, and then 20 seconds later on the same day Blizzard IV was cast. I did not see anything cast any lower than 20 seconds, so its possible that is the lowest obtainable. The only other way would be if your elemental casts Ancient Magic, and you reset the timer with the Assault command. If that is the circumstance you can see it cast a spell 11 seconds after it finishes casting the AM.
I was a bit disappointed with my results. I was really hoping that I was going to see an elemental cast a spell every 7 seconds, or close to this. Seeing that the lowest recast for a spirit is 20 seconds, that pretty much kills my hopes for Ancient magic to be casted on top of an existing Ancient magic cast. I know that was a long shot, but hey you got to dream right? lol...
Anyways.... To sum up the whole test. The absolute lowest you can recast a spell with your spirit is 20 seconds, unless you do the assault command during Ancient Magic, or possibly Blizzard IV. If that's the case you can see your spirit casting much faster possibly 11 seconds after the Ancient magic or tier IV spell lands.
I know this isn't game breaking for summoner, but gives you a little more insight with our job. If any of my data or tests are wrong, please feel free to PM me, and ill retest with other theories or fixes to what I previously did.
Thanks for reading my Wall O txt.
Aol IM: Bananachaos7
Smn 4 Life
I spent a decent chunk of time writing this up... If you feel I am dead wrong, please contribute something so i can retest and provide better data. I plan on testing more.. I guess I am kinda looking for some feedback.
Edited, Nov 23rd 2008 4:46am by Darkrifthades
Edited, Nov 23rd 2008 1:16pm by Darkrifthades
Edited, Nov 23rd 2008 1:17pm by Darkrifthades
Edited, Nov 23rd 2008 3:45pm by Darkrifthades