1
Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Corsair Achievement Thread.Follow

#252 Dec 07 2009 at 5:03 PM Rating: Decent
**
568 posts
Dinged COR 75! Got from 73 to 74.5 in a single 2hr merit party on Saturday, then campaigned the last .5 level yesterday! Woot!

Hilariously, even though I never do endgame stuff, I'll be taking my new 75 COR to Ouryu and Bahamut II fights on Wednesday. I'd love to have fold and snake eye unlocked by then... but I'm not sure I'll have the time to get the merits...
____________________________
Leviathan
Elvaan Female
Windurstian
76PLD/75WAR/75COR/45NIN/39RNG/37SAM/26THF/25WHM
#253 Dec 07 2009 at 5:20 PM Rating: Decent
****
5,159 posts
SynthiaOfLeviathan wrote:
Dinged COR 75! Got from 73 to 74.5 in a single 2hr merit party on Saturday, then campaigned the last .5 level yesterday! Woot!

Hilariously, even though I never do endgame stuff, I'll be taking my new 75 COR to Ouryu and Bahamut II fights on Wednesday. I'd love to have fold and snake eye unlocked by then... but I'm not sure I'll have the time to get the merits...

Nice.. Well if not merits, try to pick up a Corsair's Gun if you can/don't have one - QD is pretty fun on those.
____________________________
Corsair75
Pandemonium Asura...

ffxiah
#254 Dec 07 2009 at 6:15 PM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
29,628 posts
Recently powerleveled my way to 58 all in badass LS sync parties, hopefully 75 soon.

The only ranged weapon my COR has ever equipped: darts.
#255 Dec 08 2009 at 2:29 PM Rating: Good
**
504 posts
Fynlar wrote:
Recently powerleveled my way to 58
The only ranged weapon my COR has ever equipped: darts.



Your next achievement will be to actually be good at what you do.
____________________________

?(O.@)/
#256 Dec 09 2009 at 1:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
Last night Skadi Body 35 piece dropped.

I've had the 25 for 6 months and the 15 for 3 years.

I have the gil to buy the mats to upgrade minus about 1M I'd need to farm up/sell inferior gear to get.

I have not seen Peryton in 10+ Bhaflau 4th Floor rampart runs and the groups I've run with only do 4th floor approximately 20% of the time.

I put Perfect Dodge up on Thief.

Sturmwind killed me.

I reraised and before I could lot and others could pass we got kicked out.

This has been an achievement of the monstrous unluckiness of Jurist.

Edited, Dec 9th 2009 2:14pm by TheBarrister
____________________________
Carbuncle


#257 Dec 09 2009 at 4:53 PM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
29,628 posts
Quote:
Your next achievement will be to actually be good at what you do.


It took nearly 20 hours for someone to post a(n expected) response like that? This thread is pretty slack.

In any event, I've been dual boxing a PL for all of those sync parties so that the party can bring more DD for me to boost, and since I've also been the puller darts are actually nicer than people give them credit for due to their BRD-like swiftness (and this is also one of the main reasons I nor the rest of the party really gives two ***** about my own damage). Gun pulls = {No thanks.} So I've certainly had enough on my plate, I'm certainly carrying my own weight, and since a DRK is usually present in this group I'm also providing a better enhancement to the party's EXP rate than a BRD (a job from which no damage is expected) would. Nice try at acting like the job is somehow so complicated that I have no concept on how to play it "properly", though.

So yeah, I'll be enjoying my fast/cheap track to 75. The people who I've been syncing to surely seem to be enjoying it, for most of them it's been the best pre-lolibri EXP they've ever had. :D
#258 Dec 09 2009 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
Fynlar wrote:
It took nearly 20 hours for someone to post a(n expected) response like that? This thread is pretty slack.


I didn't reply because the trolling was a little too blatant. You were just begging for someone to criticize so you could respond with your reason for using darts only, as you just did.

All I have to say is, hope you have marksmanship leveled from another job. If so, congratulations on your experience points. If not, enjoy your many hours of skilling up.

Not much of an "achievement" at any rate. Should I also brag to the SCH forum that I got level 30+ SCH in my sleep simply leeching off my friend's SMN-burn party? Would you be impressed if I leveled my RNG to 50+ exclusively by meleeing with axes/daggers and never using a ranged attack?

Edited, Dec 9th 2009 6:57pm by Anza
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#259 Dec 09 2009 at 7:07 PM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
29,628 posts
Quote:
I didn't reply because the trolling was a little too blatant. You were just begging for someone to criticize so you could respond with your reason for using darts only, as you just did.


Begging nothing; I just thought it was unorthodox enough to be worth mentioning.

Trolling would be more like calling out the forum for being total suckers for spending hundreds of thousands of gil on expendables when they didn't have to. Someone coming in to openly criticize something they do not possess a full understanding of falls under the category of Not My Problem.

Quote:
All I have to say is, hope you have marksmanship leveled from another job. If so, congratulations on your experience points. If not, enjoy your many hours of skilling up.


THF

Even if I didn't have that, I wouldn't be that concerned. I capped Archery and Throwing on my RDM with one day each. This was eons ago before things like the midlevel skillup rate increase and Martial Master. I'm sure that I could do a similar thing today with COR once it's 75, especially with a dual box.

I don't really intend to use my COR much, if at all, for high level activity anyway. I'm just playing it to help out with lowbie syncs.

Quote:
Not much of an "achievement" at any rate. Should I also brag to the SCH forum that I got level 30+ SCH in my sleep simply leeching off my friend's SMN-burn party? Would you be impressed if I leveled my RNG to 50+ exclusively by meleeing with axes/daggers and never using a ranged attack?


Plenty of other people are citing their level ups as "achievements" worthy enough to be posted in this thread. I see no reason why I can't do the same.

Also, your comparisons are making me out to be like I'm some sort of leech, which is something that I have to vehemently protest. If anything, I've been the hardest working party member out of all of them -- which I understand is not exactly their faults, as they don't/can't have dual boxes and both healing & pulling roles to worry about. All most of them have to do is engage and WS.
#260 Dec 09 2009 at 11:35 PM Rating: Default
Sage
Avatar
**
684 posts

Ding lvl 60 Corsair!

And I'm never going to get the +8 Agi earring set, I'll probably never even get one to inspire me to continue the futile effort.

Well done SE, you've proved to us that you've learned next to nothing.
Maybe in another 6 months you'll figure out why you have no players of 11 or 14, cause you sure as **** don't inspire any confidence about 14 being any different as of late.
____________________________
Teiei of Lakshmi (formally of Garuda)
Tarutaru Male from Windurst
Favorite Job: White Mage
Jobs currently at Level 99:
ALL the Jobs!!!
#261 Dec 10 2009 at 11:37 PM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
29,628 posts
Latest accomplishment:

Making it to level 62 before I finally realized that Hunter's Roll lucky number is 4 and not 5, thanks to someone in the party using /COR for a 3rd roll. I could have sworn that I triple checked these values too; I looked them all up and put them in as /echos in my macros to remind me.

I wonder how many 4s I've passed up...
#262 Dec 11 2009 at 4:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
49 posts
Fynlar wrote:
Latest accomplishment:

Making it to level 62 before I finally realized that Hunter's Roll lucky number is 4 and not 5, thanks to someone in the party using /COR for a 3rd roll. I could have sworn that I triple checked these values too; I looked them all up and put them in as /echos in my macros to remind me.

I wonder how many 4s I've passed up...


Meh...could be worse. You could be using darts to pull or something.
#263 Dec 11 2009 at 4:29 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,767 posts
Risked a Martial Gun today...

**** yes!
____________________________
Fynlar wrote:
Chew is being a lot more level-headed regarding the whole issue, which is strange because he's probably drunk.
#264 Dec 12 2009 at 7:49 AM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
29,628 posts
Quote:
Meh...could be worse. You could be using darts to pull or something.


I already am doing that. Thing is, that's the smart thing for me to do in lowbie sync parties, unlike hitting on 4s for Hunter's Roll.

By the way, 69 now, 20/20 Phantom Rolls, and more than enough money left over for me to ding 70 in a pair of Hermes Sandals, thanks to not spending a fortune on expendables. :D

Edited, Dec 12th 2009 8:58am by Fynlar
#265 Dec 18 2009 at 2:29 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Playing FFVI advance on my PSP while leveling naked in qufim island on corsair (aka, hit 1-2 buttons, wait a minute, hit 1-2 buttons, wait 4 minutes).

I'M SO HARDCOR

(SEE WHAT I DID THERE)
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#266 Dec 20 2009 at 6:17 AM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
29,628 posts
bsphil wrote:
Playing FFVI advance on my PSP while leveling naked in qufim island on corsair (aka, hit 1-2 buttons, wait a minute, hit 1-2 buttons, wait 4 minutes).

I'M SO HARDCOR

(SEE WHAT I DID THERE)


Hear hear!

Just hit 75 doing pretty much the same damned thing.
#267 Dec 20 2009 at 11:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Fynlar wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Playing FFVI advance on my PSP while leveling naked in qufim island on corsair (aka, hit 1-2 buttons, wait a minute, hit 1-2 buttons, wait 4 minutes).

I'M SO HARDCOR

(SEE WHAT I DID THERE)


Hear hear!

Just hit 75 doing pretty much the same damned thing.
Except I only did that once because I decided I'd level my COR21, and after 2 minutes idling on the job while looking around for gear, I had a party invite. Since that party I've geared up properly and have been TPing with bullets, on one occasion three occasions parsing as top DD on COR. >_>

I'm really not liking these old low level parties.

Edited, Dec 21st 2009 4:23am by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#268 Dec 21 2009 at 12:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
2,869 posts
The One and Only chewzer wrote:
Risked a Martial Gun today...

**** yes!


Oh my! Very nice indeed, and it tempts me to risk my own. But then I remember that last week when I tried to augment a Behemoth Ring, I got... Enmity +1. That's my kind of "luck".
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#269 Dec 21 2009 at 5:35 PM Rating: Decent
****
5,159 posts
Anza wrote:
The One and Only chewzer wrote:
Risked a Martial Gun today...

**** yes!


Oh my! Very nice indeed, and it tempts me to risk my own. But then I remember that last week when I tried to augment a Behemoth Ring, I got... Enmity +1. That's my kind of "luck".

I would risk it - for whatever reason the potential Martial augments seem more favorable than your typical FoV outcomes. The problem comes if you're really looking to spam them for 6 or 8 Raac - you might be lucky to get one a month on many servers..
____________________________
Corsair75
Pandemonium Asura...

ffxiah
#270 Dec 21 2009 at 6:28 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
Carrilei wrote:
Anza wrote:
The One and Only chewzer wrote:
Risked a Martial Gun today...

**** yes!


Oh my! Very nice indeed, and it tempts me to risk my own. But then I remember that last week when I tried to augment a Behemoth Ring, I got... Enmity +1. That's my kind of "luck".

I would risk it - for whatever reason the potential Martial augments seem more favorable than your typical FoV outcomes. The problem comes if you're really looking to spam them for 6 or 8 Raac - you might be lucky to get one a month on many servers..


I'm starting to be a bit more brash in the past month or so - doubling up on unlucky VIs without Fold up and everything ;)

Maybe I'll actually give it a shot. I don't really care if I get a "useless" augment (e.g. Thunder resist +8) since I'm not planning to ever get rid of my Martial. I'd just chalk it up to fate and accept my Martial as-is (I don't really have the funds to keep tossing what will become non-sellable Martial Guns to fate). I'm just dreading something like STR-, AGI-, Enmity. I think I'm mentally preparing myself though, because I would be thrilled with any amount of extra STR, AGI, or R.Acc.

(I'm seriously, seriously debating augmenting my Hades Sainti for PUP and MNK too - my equivalent "prized weapon" on those jobs as compared to Martial for my COR)
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#271 Dec 21 2009 at 11:12 PM Rating: Good
**
568 posts
Anza wrote:


Maybe I'll actually give it a shot. I don't really care if I get a "useless" augment (e.g. Thunder resist +8) since I'm not planning to ever get rid of my Martial. I'd just chalk it up to fate and accept my Martial as-is (I don't really have the funds to keep tossing what will become non-sellable Martial Guns to fate). I'm just dreading something like STR-, AGI-, Enmity. I think I'm mentally preparing myself though, because I would be thrilled with any amount of extra STR, AGI, or R.Acc.

(I'm seriously, seriously debating augmenting my Hades Sainti for PUP and MNK too - my equivalent "prized weapon" on those jobs as compared to Martial for my COR)


I've sworn off FoV augments ever since I got -DEX +CHR on my amemet mantle +1. I wouldn't risk a martial gun, although its crazy that 2 CORs on this forum have +racc on theirs...
____________________________
Leviathan
Elvaan Female
Windurstian
76PLD/75WAR/75COR/45NIN/39RNG/37SAM/26THF/25WHM
#272 Dec 22 2009 at 8:22 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,447 posts
First COR solo...

Brass Borer downed in 53m taking 0 damage myself (3 shadows used)

Add Anantaboga to the list, although I didn't get him before he raged, took me 1h30m total and about 30m for the last 10% due to my shots going from about 380 to 42 >.>

Edited, Dec 23rd 2009 10:51am by dawgdchi
____________________________
FFXIV - V'aala Ichi - Balmung (Co-Founder of mIsFiTs LS and FC)
FFXI - Vaala - Fairy -> Sylph - Co-Founder of mIsFiTs (Fairy) and member of Zombie (Sylph)
#273 Dec 28 2009 at 8:14 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,743 posts
I finally got a good augment on martial gun. I ended up with 7 ranged accuracy and +10 lightning resist. I popped eraser at about 14:00 on watersday, 33% waning crescent. I killed him as war/sam and there was a whm in the party. He had enblizzard effect. I'm not sure if any of these things have any impact, but I figured I'd report them anyway (just in case).
#274 Dec 28 2009 at 9:06 PM Rating: Decent
****
5,159 posts
Kwontos wrote:
I finally got a good augment on martial gun. I ended up with 7 ranged accuracy and +10 lightning resist. I popped eraser at about 14:00 on watersday, 33% waning crescent. I killed him as war/sam and there was a whm in the party. He had enblizzard effect. I'm not sure if any of these things have any impact, but I figured I'd report them anyway (just in case).

How many attempts? That goes for chewzer too.. Also wondering if people are seeing more chuncks of Raac on a HQ Amemet.

Edited, Dec 31st 2009 7:42pm by Carrilei
____________________________
Corsair75
Pandemonium Asura...

ffxiah
#275 Dec 28 2009 at 10:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,743 posts
I think it was only seven (thats all I can find in my storage and I didn't toss any in the event that SE someday lets us unaugment gear, not that that will ever happen). It sure seemed like a lot more than 7, and it definitely hurt my wallet a lot (average price I paid was around 700k). Four of the seven just have elemental attributes. One has +1 str and -1 agi and another has +1 agi and -1 str (and some other stats that don't matter much).

I'm thinking of trying my amemit+1 next, I need some time to make more gil. However, I'm hoping for +accuracy instead of +racc. My current slug build (with sushi and /war) is sitting at ~445 racc + the TP bonus from martial. There are few situations where that is not enough racc. Thats also using rajas ring and skadi hands. If I go full racc with /rng I can hit about 500 racc now during slug + having the TP bonus. An amemit with +5 accuracy would let me sell my cuchulain's mantle.

Edited, Dec 28th 2009 11:07pm by Kwontos
#276 Dec 30 2009 at 9:27 PM Rating: Good
**
792 posts
LordTrey wrote:
Rover's Gloves dropped for me today, only went 1/3 but its a tricky fight on thf.


Went 1/8. Very easy fight nin/dnc, but the spawn time can be a *****. Anywhere from 2 to 5 hours from what I saw.
____________________________
75 monk
75 warrior
75 ninja
75 corsair

5/5 Usukane 1/19/10

100+3 cooking
63.4 fishing
Speed Belt.
{Galka} {power} {You can have this!}
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (1)