1
Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

"Official" Puppetmaster achievement threadFollow

#827 Nov 12 2011 at 4:40 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
293 posts
A bunch of stacks of stuff takie?
____________________________
Career 99 PUP/WAR, and welcome my shiny new 99 DRK complete with empy smasher.
#828 Nov 12 2011 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
202 posts
yes, chloris veggies and ulhuadshi croutons, amazing verethragna salad.
____________________________
Puppetmaster - Lyrminas
PUP MNK - Mains
#829 Dec 06 2011 at 5:01 PM Rating: Good
**
480 posts
Two Ranis with one brew, two Epona drops, first one to me. Feeling pimp! Just need a Beir Belt +1 and I'll have the best equipment (bar mythic/empy) a PUP can have ^^
____________________________
Frejan - Ragnarok
SCH 99 PUP 99 WAR 99 RDM 49 NIN 49 SAM 49
Windurst Rank 10, ZM+CoP: The Last Verse, ToAU: Eternal Mercenary, WotG Champion of the Dawn.
#830 Dec 16 2011 at 6:30 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
293 posts
99 PUP, 5/5 Shijin, 12/12 dex merits, and 9 ifritites left to finished fire paths.
____________________________
Career 99 PUP/WAR, and welcome my shiny new 99 DRK complete with empy smasher.
#831 Dec 17 2011 at 6:19 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
202 posts
How is Shijin? I'm hearing alot about the other WS's that were said to be " Crap " on the test server, but on the main servers it looks like they are much better now. I'm still taking all my 95's to 99 before I start gorging Merits into the ws's XD. Planning on AXE, KATANA, and H2H.
____________________________
Puppetmaster - Lyrminas
PUP MNK - Mains
#832 Dec 17 2011 at 4:42 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
293 posts
Oxyrani X2 complete :). And Shijin is very consistent. Wearing just my cirque +2, and a couple of dex rings, I'm pulling 3.3k+ 8/10 times in aby.
____________________________
Career 99 PUP/WAR, and welcome my shiny new 99 DRK complete with empy smasher.
#833 Dec 18 2011 at 3:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
202 posts
Camwin wrote:
Oxyrani X2 complete :). And Shijin is very consistent. Wearing just my cirque +2, and a couple of dex rings, I'm pulling 3.3k+ 8/10 times in aby.


great stuff :), yeah I'm seeing some of the LS drks doing 9000-10,200 dmg resolutions on exp mobs. its crazy. We were doing some vnms like shoggoth for people starting their empys and he was doing 3k-3.8k outside with resolution so I can't wait to see what a beefed up shijin build would do :D
____________________________
Puppetmaster - Lyrminas
PUP MNK - Mains
#834 Dec 18 2011 at 3:05 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
293 posts
I'll let you know as soon as I put together one :). Oh and on that note on some of the new vw mobs I'm still getting 3ks here and there.
____________________________
Career 99 PUP/WAR, and welcome my shiny new 99 DRK complete with empy smasher.
#835 Dec 22 2011 at 10:55 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
1) Broke down and finally grabbed a Percolator off AH, back to 100% attachments.

2) 12/25/2011: 99PUP, my first 99 as well it should be. Even though I've taken a bit of a break from PUP for most of 2011, I'll still always feel it is my "main" so it wouldn't have been right to hit the apparently final level cap on anything else first.

3) Oxyurani (fire path) complete. Bought all the Ifritite on AH, far more efficient to just farm gil in other ways than to seek out the drops.

4) Finally got +2 hat for 4/5 set. Like I said, haven't played much PUP this year in favor of MNK, DNC, NIN (all of which have been 5/5 for a while). Now I'm dedicated to fixing up good ol' PUP though, gotta get serious on finishing off those ardor jewels to get +2 body and we're golden.

Edited, Dec 25th 2011 5:00pm by Anza
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#836 Jan 05 2012 at 7:08 AM Rating: Good
**
480 posts
Went to a Gaunab run as PUP, lots of PUP jokes before, mr PUP ends up parsing 4th overall after two Ukon WARs and a Wildfire COR, and over Masa SAM, Kanna NIN, DRG, DRK, RNG.

Changed the minds of many Ragnarokian endgamers today ;)
____________________________
Frejan - Ragnarok
SCH 99 PUP 99 WAR 99 RDM 49 NIN 49 SAM 49
Windurst Rank 10, ZM+CoP: The Last Verse, ToAU: Eternal Mercenary, WotG Champion of the Dawn.
#837 Jan 05 2012 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
293 posts
Nice! Taim!

Oh and my wins for last week were, eponas ring tocis harness, and an ocelomeh head for 500k under ah.
____________________________
Career 99 PUP/WAR, and welcome my shiny new 99 DRK complete with empy smasher.
#838 Jan 05 2012 at 5:04 PM Rating: Good
**
480 posts
Camwin wrote:
Nice! Taim!

Oh and my wins for last week were, eponas ring tocis harness, and an ocelomeh head for 500k under ah.


Wow... Don't know the usual prices on your server, I bought mine for 2M and was cheap at the moment.
____________________________
Frejan - Ragnarok
SCH 99 PUP 99 WAR 99 RDM 49 NIN 49 SAM 49
Windurst Rank 10, ZM+CoP: The Last Verse, ToAU: Eternal Mercenary, WotG Champion of the Dawn.
#839 Jan 06 2012 at 5:08 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
11 posts
I have a question, with new shijin ws 5/5 is it worth Oxyrani DEX path?
#840 Jan 06 2012 at 6:08 PM Rating: Good
**
480 posts
No, you get both lower TP phase and WS damage. Never subestimate 22 attack on a low attack job like PUP. And the STR is better on the TP phase, and helps even if it's not as good as DEX when doing Spiral.
____________________________
Frejan - Ragnarok
SCH 99 PUP 99 WAR 99 RDM 49 NIN 49 SAM 49
Windurst Rank 10, ZM+CoP: The Last Verse, ToAU: Eternal Mercenary, WotG Champion of the Dawn.
#841 Jan 07 2012 at 9:09 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
293 posts
Just so you know, no it truly isn't worth it. Speaking as someone who has both thunder and fire paths done I can clearly say fire paths win. Remember, you aren't just getting str from fire paths, but 22 more attack as well as the few attack you get from str. There is one situation where I will say thunder paths win, and that is when you are in vw or any mob where your acc may not be capped, which as also when Shijin shows its true colors.
____________________________
Career 99 PUP/WAR, and welcome my shiny new 99 DRK complete with empy smasher.
#842 Jan 08 2012 at 4:06 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
202 posts
just started to do VW with the LS I'm in and got Deluxe Animator 1/5 and joined a pick up group just now. 1/1 athos boots :D
____________________________
Puppetmaster - Lyrminas
PUP MNK - Mains
#843 Jan 09 2012 at 11:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Anza wrote:
1) Broke down and finally grabbed a Percolator off AH, back to 100% attachments.

2) 12/25/2011: 99PUP, my first 99 as well it should be. Even though I've taken a bit of a break from PUP for most of 2011, I'll still always feel it is my "main" so it wouldn't have been right to hit the apparently final level cap on anything else first.

3) Oxyurani (fire path) complete. Bought all the Ifritite on AH, far more efficient to just farm gil in other ways than to seek out the drops.

4) Finally got +2 hat for 4/5 set. Like I said, haven't played much PUP this year in favor of MNK, DNC, NIN (all of which have been 5/5 for a while). Now I'm dedicated to fixing up good ol' PUP though, gotta get serious on finishing off those ardor jewels to get +2 body and we're golden.

Edited, Dec 25th 2011 5:00pm by Anza


congratz anza!

4/5 myself, been wondering, so is it worth it to loose haste to go full +2? missing just head and i dont remember anything about the subject.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1637915[/ffxivsig]
#844 Jan 10 2012 at 2:09 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
293 posts
Well that's a tricky question. A lot of people will yell that +2 haste feet will do better, but someone posted long ago that cirque+2 feet beat out a lot of the feet haste options. I think savatuers of maybe even Athos might challenge it.

I personally am having an internal struggle myself, maybe someone here can assist with numbers.

Currently using /war
oxy str path, turbo ani, automaton oil +3
Ocelomeh, rancor, brutal, kemas
Toci harness, cirque +2, eponas, heed
The new +2 DA cape, twilight belt, cirque pant +2,Kokugetsu+2 haste,

For the most attack rounds, will this give me more, or less than if I switched body to cirque +2 to cap haste?
____________________________
Career 99 PUP/WAR, and welcome my shiny new 99 DRK complete with empy smasher.
#845 Jan 10 2012 at 12:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Camwin wrote:
Well that's a tricky question. A lot of people will yell that +2 haste feet will do better, but someone posted long ago that cirque+2 feet beat out a lot of the feet haste options. I think savatuers of maybe even Athos might challenge it.

I personally am having an internal struggle myself, maybe someone here can assist with numbers.

Currently using /war
oxy str path, turbo ani, automaton oil +3
Ocelomeh, rancor, brutal, kemas
Toci harness, cirque +2, eponas, heed
The new +2 DA cape, twilight belt, cirque pant +2,Kokugetsu+2 haste,

For the most attack rounds, will this give me more, or less than if I switched body to cirque +2 to cap haste?


I was making an educated guess that the haste feet will out do the full set on a high haste situation, in wich im not most of the time, thats why im asking really, the most haste i get is the random haste from a whm or rdm or my own automaton's. and when im actually full damage dealer 99% of the time i dont get any haste, wich sucks i know but we do a lot of stuff duo, a friend of mine dual boxing a ninja and his whm mule, so hes kind of busy most of the time when he's tanking and cureing, most of the time i tank but hes ready in case of a charm or deaths, the thing is, i heard the full set proc is like 10%? with no reliable outside haste source, will it be worthwhile to full time cirque set +2 for tp?
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1637915[/ffxivsig]
#846 Jan 10 2012 at 12:54 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
Keeping capped haste is more important than Cirque +2 feet (or 5/5 set). If for whatever reason now or in the future you can cap haste without feet, then 5/5 Cirque +2 set is a viable option [much like the generally accepted MNK setup using 5/5 AF3+2 including feet with no haste, since MNK can cap haste with only Black Belt and head/hands/legs]. As it is today, I use Cirque Scarpe for WS, pet nukes, Tactical Switch macro.

Even without getting haste spell, capping haste should come out on top over Scarpe. With haste spell, samba, marches... even better.

Khayn, FWIW, Savateurs have dropped a bit in price recently on our server after being inflated for a while. I just picked up a pair this week to replace my Haste+3% Kokugetsu feet. Savateur are the current ideal PUP haste feet since the other stats are also very good (Acc+8/KA+3/SB+8). Just think of the KA as extra TP in 3% of attack rounds - not as good as DA since DA can proc on each fist and KA just once per round, but still quite useful.

EDIT: Messing around with Kinematics's DPS spreadsheets, with no haste outside of Abyssea, Savateur still barely edges Cirque +2 but it's almost even. As you add other sources of haste (spell, samba, marches), capped haste pulls away more and more. Also, when you're inside Abyssea, prioritizing haste shows better results since more TP swings = more atma-enhanced crits. So it's better to just get in the habit of using haste feet for TP even if it's nearly a toss-up in no-haste outside situations, because it's never a worse option and is significantly better when you add outside haste/atma into the mix.

Edited, Jan 10th 2012 2:19pm by Anza
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#847 Jan 10 2012 at 1:10 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
293 posts
Kayn, 4/5 still supposedly gives 7.5-8 percent chance. Situational stuff is situational. Unless I am nuking my automaton is rarely over 50% health, so the set bonus means a lot less to me, than say someone who keeps theirs trained far out.
____________________________
Career 99 PUP/WAR, and welcome my shiny new 99 DRK complete with empy smasher.
#848 Jan 10 2012 at 2:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Anza wrote:
Keeping capped haste is more important than Cirque +2 feet (or 5/5 set). If for whatever reason now or in the future you can cap haste without feet, then 5/5 Cirque +2 set is a viable option [much like the generally accepted MNK setup using 5/5 AF3+2 including feet with no haste, since MNK can cap haste with only Black Belt and head/hands/legs]. As it is today, I use Cirque Scarpe for WS, pet nukes, Tactical Switch macro.

Even without getting haste spell, capping haste should come out on top over Scarpe. With haste spell, samba, marches... even better.

Khayn, FWIW, Savateurs have dropped a bit in price recently on our server after being inflated for a while. I just picked up a pair this week to replace my Haste+3% Kokugetsu feet. Savateur are the current ideal PUP haste feet since the other stats are also very good (Acc+8/KA+3/SB+8). Just think of the KA as extra TP in 3% of attack rounds - not as good as DA since DA can proc on each fist and KA just once per round, but still quite useful.

EDIT: Messing around with Kinematics's DPS spreadsheets, with no haste outside of Abyssea, Savateur still barely edges Cirque +2 but it's almost even. As you add other sources of haste (spell, samba, marches), capped haste pulls away more and more. Also, when you're inside Abyssea, prioritizing haste shows better results since more TP swings = more atma-enhanced crits. So it's better to just get in the habit of using haste feet for TP even if it's nearly a toss-up in no-haste outside situations, because it's never a worse option and is significantly better when you add outside haste/atma into the mix.

Edited, Jan 10th 2012 2:19pm by Anza


Camwin wrote:
Kayn, 4/5 still supposedly gives 7.5-8 percent chance. Situational stuff is situational. Unless I am nuking my automaton is rarely over 50% health, so the set bonus means a lot less to me, than say someone who keeps theirs trained far out.


i was too messing around with the spreadsheet a little while ago, and it seems that upgrading my taipans +2 to oxys seems to have the largest impact, its just that freaking fire geodes are expensive as **** :/, i guess i'll have to make do.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1637915[/ffxivsig]
#849 Jan 10 2012 at 3:56 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
293 posts
Kayn just firesday farm/fire weather. Itll take a bit of bite out of the geodes. With the right camp 10+ geodes every firesday is not out of the question.

where as when both the +3's and oxy's were first released i upgraded them both that first day and each time cost me about 300k. but then i got bragging rights for about 2-5 days haha.
____________________________
Career 99 PUP/WAR, and welcome my shiny new 99 DRK complete with empy smasher.
#850 Jan 28 2012 at 2:01 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
202 posts
Pantin Taj +2
Pantin Dastanas +2
Toci's Harness

Get!
____________________________
Puppetmaster - Lyrminas
PUP MNK - Mains
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)