1
Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

PUP solos in Abyssea?Follow

#27 Feb 12 2011 at 10:03 PM Rating: Decent
is Happy on Friday!
Avatar
*****
12,446 posts
Jayheart wrote:
Killed Brooder with Valoredge, Duod Mangy Tailed Marvin with Valoredge
you can probably solo him with soulsoother, tbh, but brooder with VE is impressive. Details please.
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server, FFXI [Retired]
Amerida Baker, Balmung Server, FFXIV
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#28 Feb 13 2011 at 9:36 AM Rating: Good
**
610 posts
Burts with 3 Regain Atma (VV, Sea Daughter, and one other)

Had to use pet meds, Healing Salve II and Liberal Repairs, keep a dark maneuver up for Canibal Blade

Got cocky and ran in for a few Stringing Pummels which was not a good idea. Ended up grabbing hate and needing to use meds for myself. For some stupid reason I was /rdm, if I was /dnc with the regain Atma, that would have been a better idea.

After grabbing hate thought I would kite it while Valoredge whittle away to get hate again but either the pathing was off or Brooder has an increased movement speed because VE couldn't keep up. Maybe that plague aura gives a reduced movement speed.

It hurt when it would use Binary Absorption and Trinary Absorption back to back.

VE had Equalizer, Steam Jacket, Mana Jammer, Strobe, Blaze Spikes, Armor Plate II, Hamermill, Turbo Charger among others I can't recall.

Was a very close (was in double digit red at the end) and fun fight, killed the last 6% with a Stringing Pummel. Got a Teak Log and the mage shoes.
#29 Feb 13 2011 at 4:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,465 posts
Brooder can be solo'd with Soulsoother and us Evasion tanking too though it can get a little hairy at times. I have to use a few Lucid Potions or Elixirs in case my timing with Cure VI was off because of Plague.
#30 Feb 14 2011 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
**
610 posts
Not abyssea but realted to Empyrian Weapons - Solod Farruca Fly both with Burt-VE and Tanking with WHM Frame.

As a result, also solod Jyeshtha tanking with whm frame.
#31 Feb 14 2011 at 1:00 PM Rating: Decent
Laxedrane the Irrelevant wrote:
dustinfoley wrote:


Pretty sure we are capped evasion with +80 from atma, 40 from traits, when you add on to our skill, and boosted agi from furtherance, so an evasion h2h would probably be wasted.


I tried tanking it for a few seconds without my EVA build and it started ripping my face off. I think you at least need an eva build for this monster. Not a fantastic one but some at least. My eva build covers every slot but ranged/ammo, back and weapon.


I like to adjust this statement. I switched one of my EVA atmas to a max hp atma (SS) with little impact to my evasion from regular hits. However it was noticeable one the weapon skills which no longer missed as much.
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
#32 Feb 14 2011 at 1:45 PM Rating: Good
*
173 posts
Has anyone tried Deelgeed?
____________________________
PUP90
Selka - Bismarck server
#33 Feb 17 2011 at 8:26 PM Rating: Good
**
610 posts
Just solod a Mimic in Abyssea Uleguerand Range

PUP/NIN with BLM frame, no atma. Pop mimic, activate automtaton, nuke for 1/3 of it's life, deactivate. (I think this method avoids triggering death trap maybe?). Re-activate, nuke, melle it down.

No drop, spawned a Blue chest with a mild soothing light
#34 May 04 2011 at 10:27 PM Rating: Good
**
610 posts
Solo'd Vetehinen PUP/NIN with WHM Auto. GH, VV, and Brother Wolf. Brother Wolf for the fire resist for Blazing Bound although I'm not sure it helped that much. Once this thing gets under a certain percentage of HP, it't crit rate and crit damage goes through the roof.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#35 May 05 2011 at 3:02 AM Rating: Good
*
132 posts
A LOT of NMs are soloable now by pup, by a variety of means. Thanks to burrito claws (burattianois), cannibal blade, and ducal guard, you can solo a lot of stuff that normally wouldn't be in valoredge's league.

Recommended atmas to have vary, but ducal guard, mounted champion for vit and regen, and a third atma that varies is recommended. (I usually use zenith if i need more damage down, or razed ruins if I don't.) If this isn't enough damage down on it's own, use the moogle headpiece with -10% pet damage taken, shepherd's chain, and make the third atma a PDT or MDT atma depending on the mob. If it's a ridiculous mob like that crazy qutrub NM in tahrongi, you might want to swap burts for PDT claws to finish up your autos defenses and make him nigh invulnerable to direct damage, if not to DoTs.

Naturally, you want oils and role reversal for backup. Thanks to mounted champion you can use role reversal and by the time it's up again your hp is back to max.

Attachments used vary as well, but if it's something that has powerful physical attacks you might want to consider using equalizer. In a couple cases I even swapped VE head for harliquin head so I could fit more magic defense attachments. Other attachments used include strobe and reactive shield, and any defensive attachments you got, unless the fight is easy enough to not need them.

I even pseudo-solod the zone boss of vunkurl this way, from 53% to 2% while the alliance recovered from a wipe. They were terrified of the walrus after it's rampage and let Oniwaka handle it till it was almost dead. <_<; He never died once.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1821327[/ffxivsig]
#36 May 06 2011 at 6:35 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
Avatar
*****
12,446 posts
PsionCrystalis wrote:
A LOT of NMs are soloable now by pup, by a variety of means. Thanks to burrito claws (burattianois), cannibal blade, and ducal guard, you can solo a lot of stuff that normally wouldn't be in valoredge's league.

Recommended atmas to have vary, but ducal guard, mounted champion for vit and regen, and a third atma that varies is recommended. (I usually use zenith if i need more damage down, or razed ruins if I don't.) If this isn't enough damage down on it's own, use the moogle headpiece with -10% pet damage taken, shepherd's chain, and make the third atma a PDT or MDT atma depending on the mob. If it's a ridiculous mob like that crazy qutrub NM in tahrongi, you might want to swap burts for PDT claws to finish up your autos defenses and make him nigh invulnerable to direct damage, if not to DoTs.

Naturally, you want oils and role reversal for backup. Thanks to mounted champion you can use role reversal and by the time it's up again your hp is back to max.

Attachments used vary as well, but if it's something that has powerful physical attacks you might want to consider using equalizer. In a couple cases I even swapped VE head for harliquin head so I could fit more magic defense attachments. Other attachments used include strobe and reactive shield, and any defensive attachments you got, unless the fight is easy enough to not need them.

I even pseudo-solod the zone boss of vunkurl this way, from 53% to 2% while the alliance recovered from a wipe. They were terrified of the walrus after it's rampage and let Oniwaka handle it till it was almost dead. <_<; He never died once.
But the question is, were they terrified of Oniwaka afterwards?
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server, FFXI [Retired]
Amerida Baker, Balmung Server, FFXIV
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#37 May 06 2011 at 6:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Lady Jinte wrote:
PsionCrystalis wrote:
A LOT of NMs are soloable now by pup, by a variety of means. Thanks to burrito claws (burattianois), cannibal blade, and ducal guard, you can solo a lot of stuff that normally wouldn't be in valoredge's league.

Recommended atmas to have vary, but ducal guard, mounted champion for vit and regen, and a third atma that varies is recommended. (I usually use zenith if i need more damage down, or razed ruins if I don't.) If this isn't enough damage down on it's own, use the moogle headpiece with -10% pet damage taken, shepherd's chain, and make the third atma a PDT or MDT atma depending on the mob. If it's a ridiculous mob like that crazy qutrub NM in tahrongi, you might want to swap burts for PDT claws to finish up your autos defenses and make him nigh invulnerable to direct damage, if not to DoTs.

Naturally, you want oils and role reversal for backup. Thanks to mounted champion you can use role reversal and by the time it's up again your hp is back to max.

Attachments used vary as well, but if it's something that has powerful physical attacks you might want to consider using equalizer. In a couple cases I even swapped VE head for harliquin head so I could fit more magic defense attachments. Other attachments used include strobe and reactive shield, and any defensive attachments you got, unless the fight is easy enough to not need them.

I even pseudo-solod the zone boss of vunkurl this way, from 53% to 2% while the alliance recovered from a wipe. They were terrified of the walrus after it's rampage and let Oniwaka handle it till it was almost dead. <_<; He never died once.
But the question is, were they terrified of Oniwaka afterwards?


I bet.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1637915[/ffxivsig]
#38 May 07 2011 at 4:05 AM Rating: Decent
**
697 posts
Comedie soloed Audumbla in Abyssea - Uleguerand using DG,MC and VV atma. I used Burts and subbed NIN. Had to DEA 7-8 times, particularly near the end.
Used eraser to get rid of plague and kept dark up.
Long but safe battle at 40 minutes. Used no oil or items.
____________________________
Shadechaos of Seraph Bismarck
~She made a difference~
#39 May 07 2011 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
***
1,088 posts
SelkaSeraph wrote:
Has anyone tried Deelgeed?


FFXIClopedia wrote:
Tyrannic Tusk - A front-conal ability that delivers


I spat out my coffee when I noticed this was the sentence for Tyrannic Tusk in its entirety. Getting a towel.


Also, Atma configuration for Sedna pseudo-solo if you may.
____________________________
Name: Kametame
Server:Lakshmi
Linkshell: Anduril

PUP: TP Gear|EVA Gear| WS Gear|/SCH Gear
Quote:
When you assume, you make an *** out of you and me.

"lol@PUP" indeed
#40 May 08 2011 at 1:52 AM Rating: Good
*
132 posts
Kametame wrote:
SelkaSeraph wrote:
Has anyone tried Deelgeed?


FFXIClopedia wrote:
Tyrannic Tusk - A front-conal ability that delivers


I spat out my coffee when I noticed this was the sentence for Tyrannic Tusk in its entirety. Getting a towel.


Also, Atma configuration for Sedna pseudo-solo if you may.


Was zenith, ducal guard, and mounted champion if I remember right. zenith was probably not needed, Oniwaka never came that close to dying even with only +1 oils. Need ventriloquy, role reversal, repair with oils, and naturally burrito claws for super regain, and as for sub, probably whm or sch for reraise in case you get unlucky. you probably won't though. If your automaton dies, just DEA or activate and use vent on sedna, and deploy.

Don't be afraid to role-reversal either, you won't be fighting yourself so mounted champion will fairly quickly bring you back to full hp without having to cure.

As far as attachments, I went all out defensive, and used mana jammer I + steam jacket for water attachments. I used fire, dark, and water maneuvers to boost Oniwaka's magic defense, since the NM is rather spell happy.

All in all an easy fight compared to some others I've done in abyssea.

(And yes, the alliance was terrified at oniwaka afterward. )
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1821327[/ffxivsig]
#41 Jun 11 2011 at 12:28 PM Rating: Good
*
110 posts
The guy who asked about Delgeed probably tried it already but anyway. I killed this ******* for his GAxe back when Heroes came out, so I didn't even have a third Lunar abyssite, or an Eva atma, or capped eva. What I'm saying is he's not that hard with a Soulsoother.

His Acc is pretty trash for even a pink eva set, and of what I've seen from fighting him the Death on his tusk isn't very common. The only danger comes from Awful Eye. The Petrify on that is stupid. And because he immediately turns to your puppet he's probably going to interrupt Stona by killing it. At this point it will turn back to you and whiff repeatedly for the next 1-2 minutes while you're stoned. Just DEA and oil to get puppet back up to snuff. Use some DD temps towards the end of the fight because he spams TP moves much more easily so it's best to beat him down fast. I don't think it's a regain, but he just gets really happy with the TP low level. And since your puppet is going to die anyway while you're solo no matter what you do just have it melee. Soulsoother recommended since the thing does have enpetri and does DA all the time, so sometimes it lands a lucky hit for like 200-400 dmg. Not too common though.

Edited, Jun 11th 2011 2:29pm by ShiftlessDrifter
____________________________
Server: Valefor
Handle: Chamaan
LS: CrimsonToothBrush
Jobs: War/Blu/Mnk/Pup/Cor-75,Rng/Thf/Sam/Nin/Mnk/Drg/Whm/Pld/Drk-37
Currently leveling: Subs
6/6 Pantin
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#42 Jun 16 2011 at 11:36 AM Rating: Good
**
610 posts
Adamastor and Grandgousier solo'd.
#43 Jun 17 2011 at 8:02 AM Rating: Good
**
610 posts
Whiro and Granite Borrer
#44 Jun 28 2011 at 8:25 AM Rating: Good
**
741 posts
Anyone ever trying soloing Overking Apkallu and Funereal Apkallu. Ive had terrible luck with seals so far so Im looking into some solo options once I get some useful atma (I currently have none).

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Overking_Apkallu
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Funereal_Apkallu

I might wing it and pop on some EVA gear, sub NIN and go out there and try it just to see how it goes just to get an idea.
____________________________
RotZ: 14, CoP: Complete, ToAU: Complete, WoTG: 3



#45 Jun 28 2011 at 9:38 AM Rating: Excellent
*
54 posts
Salaadin wrote:
Anyone ever trying soloing Overking Apkallu and Funereal Apkallu. Ive had terrible luck with seals so far so Im looking into some solo options once I get some useful atma (I currently have none).

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Overking_Apkallu
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Funereal_Apkallu

I might wing it and pop on some EVA gear, sub NIN and go out there and try it just to see how it goes just to get an idea.

Did it the other day actually, Technically a duo but friend was blm/brd and barely did a thing after proccing. Went in with Apoc/VV/RR PUP/NIN with a Soulsoother setup. Can get hairy at times, so if you have to be ready to pop on an evasion set for a few seconds while you recover from a TP attack or a round of unlucky counters. Really straight forward and didn't die once.
____________________________
Character: Spathaian
Server: Shiva
Main: Puppetmaster
#46 Jun 28 2011 at 11:39 AM Rating: Good
**
741 posts
Dragonmasterxxxx wrote:
Salaadin wrote:
Anyone ever trying soloing Overking Apkallu and Funereal Apkallu. Ive had terrible luck with seals so far so Im looking into some solo options once I get some useful atma (I currently have none).

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Overking_Apkallu
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Funereal_Apkallu

I might wing it and pop on some EVA gear, sub NIN and go out there and try it just to see how it goes just to get an idea.

Did it the other day actually, Technically a duo but friend was blm/brd and barely did a thing after proccing. Went in with Apoc/VV/RR PUP/NIN with a Soulsoother setup. Can get hairy at times, so if you have to be ready to pop on an evasion set for a few seconds while you recover from a TP attack or a round of unlucky counters. Really straight forward and didn't die once.


Thank you for that.

Ill be working towards getting my NIN back to subjob level in the next few weeks once I get Utsusemi Ni. Hopefully I come across some Atma parties in that time as well so I can get rolling on this.
____________________________
RotZ: 14, CoP: Complete, ToAU: Complete, WoTG: 3



#47 Jul 11 2011 at 1:40 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,277 posts
I just started playing again after a year off, and I just want to know if the strategies using the burattianois are still viable after the nerf.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#48 Jul 11 2011 at 9:18 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,465 posts
They are not viable as a pet solo strategy. If you're just soloing then you tanking and your auto healing is better anyway.

#49 Jul 12 2011 at 1:59 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,277 posts
Shouta wrote:
They are not viable as a pet solo strategy. If you're just soloing then you tanking and your auto healing is better anyway.




Thank you.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#50 Jul 12 2011 at 2:16 PM Rating: Default
Camwin wrote:
Go kodi!!! Oh btw anyone know if we can solo any af3+2 items?


Make a shout group, and go with two or three people. Nothing is more annoying than helping someone you know get some seals, emperian items, +2s, and someone is soloing the mob forever with no proc.

It is like the people who sit there in PJ shouting "xxx seal, {Can I have it?}" as if shouting for 0/1 on three other seals is hard to do.

You can have no friends in this game, be all alone, and do the following shouts for the +2s.

PUP head +2, either farm Uld one jewel at a time (H2H emperian items are a draw here if you care about the weapon) with a NIN, WHM, and BLM. Cconsidering how many items that drop from him it is not hard to get that). Turul for the Lokis and you take the Jewel. You can go farm the T3 ZNM for the highlands and shout for the atma and take the jewel. Finally you can do some +2/atma farm from that Tit corse in attowa as well.

Body +2, can do a joint Bennu/Hedhedjet farm for people. You can do an Amhuluk farm shout. You can also work out a T1 and T2 Khimira shout.

Hands +2, You can do a CC shout since people want the win, lanterns, and +2s. Dragua is easy to pop and you can get two people on the cards, one on the other item, and one on the emperian and go kill it. Durinn shout for the atma and a card is possible too.

Legs +2, I won't even bother listing anything besides Sobek. Cap azure on two murex, farm pearl on colibri and amber on what ever. Go try and claim the KI mobs while you get the boxes for them or just FC burn.

Feet +2, Briareus, Sedna, and Durinn again. One Durinn on an atma run can get you half way there, and people always seem to want the feet.


No reason to solo the +2 mobs unless you want to see if you can for the fun and challenge.

EDIT: Yes, these now have three pop spots, but generally the person sits there soloing the single ??? or time spawn KIs too. Just as an inb4.

Edited, Jul 12th 2011 4:19pm by BelenosSwiftWater
____________________________
Nateypoo wrote:
What college did you go to? Clown or barber?
Be sure to report your findings to the no child left behind committee.
Corsairs are secretly just Marilyn Manson wannabes.
Tyrrant wrote:
BelenosSwiftWater wrote:
I blame spicyryan
I blame his ***** of a mother who didn't abort him.
#51 Jul 30 2011 at 10:37 AM Rating: Good
**
610 posts
Cannerd Noz

PUP/NIN Sharpshot Frame, Mounted Champion, Sea Daughter (fight during daytime), Voracious Violet. Liberal use of Repair and honsetly let the Automaton tank. Shoulder tackle big -aga's assuming you have TP.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (1)