Dynamis report, part 1 of 4 - The Basics:
OK, now that dynamis is figured out a bit (see threads on BG or AH, I have no BG links sorry), we actually had a successful dyna run last night ^^
We got some like 252 coins to split among 8 people in just 2 hours in Sandy. It no longer costs 500k, it's super fun, runs are shorter, and soon (we hope) currency prices will start to drop. Total win.
My info here is based on my limited understanding and is not fully researched. I just want to give people the gist so they can get in and have fun. We'll all know even more in the coming days.
Real quick intro into how it works (as currently understood):
- Dreamland zones remain unchanged. The following is for all other zones.
- You can enter dyna once every earth day (not sure if it resets at JP midnight or what)
- You must have a key item in your possession (permanent, costs 50k). Buy this from a gob in any of the beastmen strongholds.
- When buying your KI, just trade the gob 50k. DO NOT trade him 500k unless you want a timeless hourglass lol
- You are given one hour of time, which can be extended to 2 hours by killing the time extension stones
- Start by killing all 5 TE stones in the zone
- Then just pull mobs, proc on them, add TH, and kill them
- As you kill more TE stones, procs change: 0-2 TEs don't do much more than give you time, 3 TEs will make your procs blue !!, 4 will give yellow, and 5 give red. Red !! procs are supposed to make currency drop. Mobs we procced on often dropped 3 coins, and we got one 100. No fancy gear or special drops other than pop items.
- AF seems to drop at the same rate as always, which is nice. You don't need to mess with TEs if you only want AF.
- Proccing is based on the mob's job. For magey mobs, proc with magic (BRD, BLM, RDM). For certain jobs, proc with JAs (like THF). For some jobs, proc with WS (SAM, WAR, etc). More on this in part 2. See threads for better mob/job lists.
- You can proc at any time, regardless of the mob's TP moves or spells.
- If you proc on a mob, it will supposedly have its 2hr locked. This is especially helpful for RNG mobs, NIN mobs, and NMs.
- WS mobs are a little tricky because they just die too quickly. There are too many WS to try, and they all deal too much damage.
- Supposedly the quested WS proc more often.
- If you can proc on an NM, you have a nice chance at 100 pieces and other gear and stuff.
- Have fun ^^
Edited, May 16th 2011 2:44pm by SelkaSeraph