54 – 58 West Sarutabaruta [S]
(I’m not quite sure the lv cap on this but I came at 54 and managed to do well with the spell set I had of the 3 AM to combat the different types of elementals that could be summoned. As a 55 I’m still able to get 300xp chains so suspect it as being a good alt camp to the other 54-58 zone. Please note I used /rdm, HQ staves for the AMs I am using, blm AF hands, and moldavite earring for this run.)
Prey: Yagudo’s Elemental (Yagudo Mendicant)
HP of Prey: ~889-946
Note: Fastest way to get to this is OP or exit Port Windy then to go through the Saru Maw and head to G-6. Yags can summon a fire, earth, or wind spirit. Quake works well on fire, Tornado on Earth, and Freeze on wind. Sometimes a sliver of hp might be left after and a quick Drain can kill it before the Yag notices. If things should go wrong, there are Pixies nearby for RIII and cures.
Camp Location(s): Several Yags in the area of F-6/F-7 that can be used, but ones closer to the pixie pops in G-6 are preferred.
Camps : Yags are locked into a fixed wandering area and there are normally no wandering mobs to worry about, pick a place that makes it easy to watch the prey for repop and you feel safe in.
- You will normally one shot a pet. If not the sliver of hp left can be quickly drained (/rdm).
- You are close to a town area if you need to restock or HP in.
- Yag roam in areas small so they won’t wander out of casting range mid cast.
- Sigil has a refresh effect available for 50 credits.
- If something goes wrong you can fall back to Pixies near by give that R3 and cure!
-When Campaign goes on mobs horde right through camp. They don’t attack you unless you attack them but they do prevent the use of –ga spells. (Such as sleepga to removed wind elemental’s blink.
-These are elemental’s, they love to cast before following you out of camp increasing the chance of getting the master’s attention.
-You do have to have Wotg expansion, done missions up far enough to take advantage of Sigil in the area, plus of made your way to West Saru [S] at least once. A little bit of prep work is required to get to the camp, once done it is easy to return.
- Elementals do have AM as well, its easy to run out of range or sleep it before it goes off but if you are not paying attention it could really hurt. Air elementals can be annoying with blink, Earth eles more so with stoneskin.
- Sometimes someone does kill the Pixies near you depriving you of their magic support.
There are also some gobs with pets in this zone around H-8, but they where dc to me so might be fitting for a lower lv camp.
Edited, Nov 29th 2007 8:45am by Alliax