Tired of your boring, everyday Salvage? Wanting something familiar in the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins while still being fresh and challenging? Your wait will soon be over, as the highly anticipated Salvage expansions are hitting the official Test Server! Currently only supporting a revamped Zhayolm Remnants, this area will feature a new pathos removal system, new gear based on current Salvage equipment, and the same pulse-pounding challenges normally associated with Salvage!
Let us know what you think of this upcoming revamp to one of FFXI's most popular events over on the ZAM forums!
From the official Final Fantasy XI forums:
[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
* The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.
This battlefield expansion is aimed at seasoned adventurers and many of the rules are based on those of previous Salvage content. The method by which Pathos of Alzadaal restrictions can be removed, however, has been modified.
Differences from Previous Salvage Content
- Entry is restricted to adventurers level 85 and above.
- Pathos of Alzadaal restrictions may no longer be removed by imbued items, but by the following methods:
- Defeating certain monsters in specified areas will randomly remove a Pathos of Alzadaal restriction from participants.
- Examining the Runic Lamps within each remnant will allow players to remove restrictions of their choice.
* Runic Lamps will be available near remnant entrances and teleport exits.
* The chance for removing restrictions, and which monsters' defeat are capable of removing restrictions, are still under development.
Test Server Settings
- Participants may enter battlefields alone.
- Remnants Permits will not be required for entry.
- No time restrictions will be placed on battlefield reentry.
- Only the Zhaylom Remnants will be available for entry.
- The placement and strength of enemies, as well as items obtainable, may differ from the release version.
- Boss enemies are still under development, and will be replaced with substitute enemies.
- Notorious monsters that only spawn under certain conditions will not be introduced.
If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1137] tag.