The second half of the August version update for Final Fantasy XI has arrived, bringing a new chapter in the Skirmish battle system. Taking place in the new area of Yorcia Weald [U], players will have to defend encampments from waves of deadly foes all seeking to destroy them. To entice even the most battle-hardened adventurer, new armor and the ability to upgrade existing Skirmish weapons will be available!
For those not wanting to delve into Skirmish, the Support and Survey Coalition assignments have been adjusted to give additional rewards based on distance traveled and difficulty of the assignment.
Lastly, a plethora of equipment pieces have had the Rare tag removed on them, allowing for multiple versions of the same equipment piece to be owned at the same time.
Let us know what you think of this version update over on the ZAM forums!
From the official Final Fantasy XI forums:
- A new area has been opened.
Yorcia Weald [U]
The following adjustments have been made to skirmishes.
New skirmishes are available in Yorcia Weald.
*Read on for the details on how to participate in skirmishes and what rewards may be reaped from them.
- Oston in Eastern Adoulin now also provides the following item in exchange for obsidian fragments.
Cirdas Visage I
- Lola in Eastern Adoulin now provides armor in exchange for lebondopt wings, which are found in Yorcia Weald skirmishes.
The following items may be improved by trading them to Divainy-Gamainy at the Inventors’ Coalition and paying bayld while in possession of the “translurry” key item found in Yorcia Weald skirmishes.Ninza / Leisilonu / Iztaasu / Crobaci / Faizzeer / Iclamar / Iizamal / Qatsunoci / Kannakiri / Shichishito / Aedold / Lehbrailg / Uffrat / Bocluamni / Hgafircian
* This process will consume the translurry.
* Items enhanced in this manner will no longer be engraved with arcane glyptics set before the enhancement.
The following equipment may be augmented by trading them together with verdigris stones found in Yorcia Weald skirmishes to Divainy-Gimainy and paying bayld.
Ninza +1 / Leisilonu +1 / Iztaasu +1 / Crobaci +1 / Faizzeer +1 / Iclamar +1 / Iizamal +1 / Qatsunoci+1/ Kannakiri +1 / Shichishto + 1 / Aedold +1 / Lehbrailg +1 / Uffrat +1 / Bocluamni +1 / Hgafircian + 1 / Cizin Helm / Otronif Mask / Iuitl Headgear / Gendewitha Caubeen / Hagondes Hat / Cizin Mufflers / Otronif Gloves / Iuitl Wristbands / Gendewitha Gages / Hagondes Cuffs / Cizin Breeches / Otronif Brais / Iuitl Tights / Gendewitha Spats / Hagondes Pants / Cizin Greaves / Otronif Boots / Iuitl Gaiters / Gendewitha Galoshes / Hagondes Sabots / Beatific Bulwark
- The Inventors' Coalition NPC Ornery Dhole now provides the following items in exchange for obsidian fragments.
Verdigris Stone / Verdigris Stone +1 / Verdigris Stone +2
- Players may now exchange Ghastly or Verdigris Stones for obsidian fragments with Ornery Dhole.
- Ghastly Stones may now be exchanged for Verdigris Stones with the NPC Ornery Dhole.
Item and Number Required Item and Number Provided Ghastly Stone (5) → Verdirgis Stone (1) Ghastly Stone +1 (5) → Verdirgis Stone +1 (1) Ghastly Stone +2 (5) → Verdirgis Stone +2 (1)
The following adjustments have been made to coalition assignments.
- Additional rewards will now be provided for successful completion of "Support" assignments based on both the construction progress/remaining durability of frontier stations and bivouacs, and the distance/difficulty of the assignment.
- Additional rewards will now be provided for successful completion of "Survey" assignments based on both the degree of survey and the distance/difficulty of the assignment.
- The amount of experience and bayld received for completing the following coalition assignments has been increased.
Survey: Yorcia Weald / Survey: Marjami Ravine
- New items have been added.
- The following items are no longer considered rare.Ninza / Leisilonu / Iztaasu / Crobaci / Faizzeer / Iclamar / Iizamal / Qatsunoci / Kannakiri / Shichishito / Aedold / Lehbrailg / Uffrat / Bocluamni / Hgafircian / Rigor Baghnakhs / Aphotic Kukri / Halachuinic Sword / Bereaver / Brethren Axe / Bloodbath Axe / Dimmet Scythe / Ophidian Trident / Kiji / Uguisumaru / Kondaha Cudgel / Soothsayer Staff / Yaskomo’s Pole / Speleogen Bow / Surefire Arquebus / Mikinaak Helm / Manibozho Beret / Bokwus Hood / Mikinaak Breastplate / Manibozho Jerkin / Bokus Robe / Mikinaak Gauntlets / Manibozho Gloves / Bokwus Gloves / Mikinaak Cuisses / Manibozho Brais / Bokwus Slops / Mikinaak Greaves / Manibozho Boots / Bokwus Boots / Steadfast Shield
- The issue with Monstrosity wherein unusable special attacks were displayed within the Monster Skill list.
- The issue with Monstrosity wherein using attack-related spells or monster abilities after selecting oneself as the target of them made one the subtarget.
- The issue wherein certain typographical errors appeared within Monstrosity menus.
- The issue wherein the region information for the Feretory was incorrect.
- The issue wherein certain sound effects could not be heard when setting instincts in the Feretory.
- The issue wherein certain Monstrosity messages would not display for those who had blacklisted themselves.
- The issue wherein the quest "It Never Goes Out of Style" could not be completed if undertaken a second time.
- The issue wherein the game would occasionally freeze if players undertook the following quests.Puppetmaster Blues / The Wayward Automaton
- The issue wherein the following items could not be properly obtained by exchanging mummers' medals with the Mummers' Coalition NPC Masad.Morass Tunic / Woodland Tunic / Morass Pants / Woodland Pants / Morass Boots / Woodland Boots
- The issue wherein Steadfast Shields not engraved with arcane gylptics could not be delivered to characters on the same account.
- The issue wherein the "Magic Atk. Bonus" +10 attribute on Weatherspoon Souliers would not activate.
- The issue wherein scrolls of Stone obtained in Mog Gardens were considered exclusive.
- The issue wherein the Pioneers' Coalition NPC Ravoignac would give players the incorrect durability and construction status of frontier bivouacs.
- The issue with Mog Houses wherein doors not visible on-screen could not be targeted.
- The issue wherein an explanation of the text command /monsterskill (/ms) would not display upon using "/? monsterskill" or "/? ms."
- The issue wherein a message announcing players had learned a weapon skill would display twice if the weapon skill were learned during battle.
- The issue wherein the following area names would not display upon zoning into their corresponding areas.Mog Garden / Feretory
- The leg slot item "Cizin Breeches" is improperly named as "Cizin Greaves." This means that there are two items with the name "Cizin Greaves," so players are advised to check the slot of the item before deciding what to do with it.
- The shield "Beatific Bulwark" is improperly named as "Beatific Shield."
- Text overflows when selecting "Defensive Manuevers" within a Yorcia Weald skirmish.
- The help text for several Seekers of Adoulin items overflows when augmented.