Wishing to rekindle the magic of older Final Fantasy XI fights, just tweaked to give even the most seasoned and battle-hardened adventurers a challenge? Be prepared for two new battles arriving in the April version update, with both Ouryu and Tenzen from the Chains of Promathia expansion making epic returns! New rewards will also be available alongside these new challenges, so those wishing to line their pockets or collect new items will have ample reason to join in!
Let us know what you think of these new changes over on the ZAM forums!
From the official Final Fantasy XI forums:
[dev1194] New High-Tier Mission Battlefields Will Be Added
New High-Tier Mission Battlefields
Engage in a heated struggle with the fearsome Ouryu!
The Warrior’s Path
Test your mettle against the venerable Tenzen!
Joining the Fray
The key items required to participate in these battlefields can be acquired from the following NPCs in exchange for merit points.
Trisvain in Northern San d’Oria (J-7).
Raving Opossum in Port Bastok (J-11)
Mimble-Pimble in Port Windurst (L-5)
- Required key items
Key Item Number of Merit Points Required Savage’s Phantom Gem 20 Warrior’s Path Phantom Gem 20
* Players must be level 95 or greater and have cleared the original missions in order to purchase these items.
- Regarding Difficulty Levels
Each mission battlefield is divided into five levels of difficulty. Boss strength, number and drop rate of spoils, and content level increase in line with difficulty.
Difficulty Content Level Very Easy 113 Easy 116 Normal 119 Difficult Greater than 119 Very Difficult Greater than 119
* Any player may select a difficulty level, but the battlefield's level will be determined by the first person to enter.
* Players must have cleared the battlefield on normal to select either difficult or very difficult.
* All party members must be in possession of the required key item to enter.
- Mission battlefield, boss, and entry restrictions
Mission Name Required Key Item Point of Entry Boss Entry Restrictions ★The Savage Savage’s Phantom Gem Monarch Lynn Ouryu All Levels Thirty Minutes Six-Person Party ★The Warrior’s Path Warrior’s Path Phantom Gem Sealion’s Den Tenzen All Levels Thirty Minutes Six-Person Party
Spoils are rewarded both for vanquishing the boss and clearing the battlefield, and include items needed for reforging artifact and relic armor in addition to equipment unique to each battlefield.