In the June version update for Final Fantasy XI, the reive system from the Seekers of Adoulin expansion will be seeing several major updates to ease difficulty and make participation in them more streamlined. For lair and colonization reives in several of the newer regions of the expansion will be seeing changes such as decrease in respawn delay, alterations to obstacle or lair HP, as well as adjustments to intermediary rewards as well as experience points and bayld.
A new system will be implemented for augmenting weapons and armor obtained from Wildskeeper reives, involving paragon key items and the ability to choose from shared or unique augmentation sets, with the ability to change them if so desired.
What are your feelings for the planned changes to the Reive system? Let us know about it over on the ZAM forums!
From the official Final Fantasy XI forums:
[dev1207] Reive Adjustments
- Lair reives in Yorcia Weald, Marjami Ravine, Kamihr Drifts, and Outer Ra’Kaznar will undergo the following adjustments.
- Respawn delay will be decreased from fifteen minutes to five minutes.
- Lair HP, intermediary rewards, and experience/bayld gains for successful completion will increase the deeper into in the area the reive is located.
- Colonization reives in Yorcia Weald, Marjami Ravine, Kamihr Drifts, Dho Goates, Woh Gates, and Outer Ra’Kaznar will undergo the following adjustments.
- Reive terrain obstacle HP will be decreased.
- Reive terrain obstacles will take more damage.
- Intermediary rewards and experience/bayld gains for successful completion will be increased.
- Non-accessory weapons and armor of item level 115 dropped by Naakuals in wildskeeper reives will now be eligible for augmentation.
- The "paragon" line of key items obtainable from the various Naakuals will be required for augmenting these items, and will be consumed in the process.
- Augmentation Information
- Available augmentations will vary by paragon item, with a total of six per item. Three of these augmentations will be shared, while three will be unique.
- Attributes affected and values thereof are fixed.
- Infusing the Augmentations
- Players will be able to choose two augmentations: one shared and one unique.
- Should players be unsatisfied with his choices, they will be able to use another paragon item to change to a different set.