To further improve the quality of life for players, Square Enix has prepared several changes to various aspects of Final Fantasy XI for the July version update! Time-based restrictions on progression will be reduced significantly for a number of quests and missions, alter egos will now be able to be called out in level sync parties as well as certain Treasures of Aht Urhgan mission battles, and changes will be made to the categories under the Edit Comment sections for searches.
Excited for these new changes? Let us know all about it over on the ZAM forums!
From the official Final Fantasy XI forums:
[dev1221] Quality of Life Adjustments
- Certain conditions for progressing with missions and quests have been revised.
Players will no longer have to wait for Japanese midnight, or, when applicable, midnight on Japanese Monday, to progress in the following quests and missions. Instead, waiting periods will be set at a maximum of one minute (Earth time).
Coming of Age / Blue Ribbon Blues / A Greeting Cardian / The Sacred Katana / Yomi Okuri / A Thief in Norg!? / The Missing Piece / Better the Demon You Know / Behind the Smile / Tuning In / Tuning Out / Finding Faults / Got It All / Give a Moogle a Break / The Moogle's Picnic! / Moogles in the Wild
- Alter egos will undergo the following adjustments.
- Players will be able to call them forth while in a level sync party.
- Players will be able to fight with them in the following Treasures of Aht Urhgan mission battlefields.
The Black Coffin / Shield of Diplomacy / Puppet in Peril
* Any alter egos called forth before entering the battlefield for The Black Coffin will disappear upon entering and must be summoned again.
* Alter egos cannot be called forth inside the battlefields for Shield of Diplomacy and Puppet in Peril, and thus must be summoned before entering.
- The categories under Edit Comment in the Search section of the main menu will be adjusted in the following manner.
Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment EXP Party → EXP Party Mission Battle Content Quest Missions & Quests Battlefield Item Item Linkshell Synthesis Looking for Friends Magian Others Others
- The following text command will be introduced.
Targets the closest NPC or monster within a certain radius that can participate in battle.