Bungie is soon releasing a 'Legendary' patch with welcome changes to engrams.
"Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs.
He decoded that mystery pretty quickly."
Having played countless hours of Destiny since launch, this patch is near and dear to our hearts. Patch 1.0.2 – going live tomorrow morning this week – focuses on "the Cryptarch and Engram experience". Tired of getting ripped-off on your hard-earned Legendary engrams? No more.
Note: "Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change."
- Legendary Engrams: Always produce Legendary quality or better, incl. Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams: Always produce Rare quality or better; increased chance of Legendary quality
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary quality (to reflect use)
- Legendary Engrams that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality
It seems we've discovered why the Cryptarch was offering his "free" services. A narrow-focused patch, but it's an incredibly helpful change for those hovering around the end-game.
Happy decrypting, Guardians!
Edit: The original post had stated that the Patch was going live Tuesday morning, which it did not. I apologize for making that assumption and wording it definitively. It should have been more open-ended.
Colt "ShdwFlm" Casey