Looking to spice up your personal Mog House dwelling? You're in luck, for in the upcoming May version update of Final Fantasy XI, the Mog House feature will be seeing a number of changes and adjustments. Most notably is the addition of a new, second floor to Mog Houses and the introduction of a second Mog Safe to greatly expand on istorage space!
Not to be outdone, the Mog Gardens system will also be seeing a number of changes, including an increase to the maximum Monster Rearing rank, additional Monster types, additional Chacharoon Cheer effects, and a brand new vendor NPC!
What are you looking forward to the most with the additions of these features? Let us know over on the ZAM forums!
From the official Final Fantasy XI forums:
[dev1266] Mog House and Mog Garden Adjustments
- A second floor will be added to Mog Houses.
- About the Second Floor
A second floor will be added to Mog Houses, enabling players to place more furnishings than ever before. However, there are several differences between the first and second floors as given below.
The second floor is slightly bigger than the first floor.
As there is no moogle on the second floor, players will be able to change the layout in the center of the floor as well.
- Wall Layout
Furnishing may be affixed to walls in more spaces at a total of four height levels.
Room style may be freely switched between San d'Orian, Batsokan, and Windurstian themes.
* Only the second floor's style may be changed.
* Furnishings place on the second floor will not grant moghancement effects.
- Constructing the Second Floor
Moogles located in the player's Mog House will give the player some details about the second floor, which will be constructed when players complete the following quests and then re-enter their Mog House.
- Growing Flowers
- A Lady's Heart
- Flower Child.
- Heading to the Second Floor
Players will be able to go to the second floor from the entrance of their Mog House.
* Players who have been invited to another's Mog House will not be able to switch floors. To access the second floor, invitees must first leave the Mog House and be invited again once the inviter is on the second floor.
- Mog Safe II
Players with a second floor in the Mog House will be able to access a secondary Mog Safe. The Mog Safe II is identical to the original Mog Safe, and the number of items that can be stored within increases in line with the number of items storable in the Mog Safe.
- About the Second Floor
- During layout, spaces currently occupied by a furnishing but can have another furnishing placed on top of the existing one will now display in green.
- It will be made easier to distinguish which section of space you have selected while laying out your Mog House.
- Players will be able to choose between two different methods of moving the cursor when placing furniture.
- A new option to disable furniture camera collision will be added.
Mog Gardens will undergo the following adjustments.
- Monster Rearing will have a new maximum rank of four, with three new creature types added. Additionally, players will be able to have up to two creatures join their garden per Vana'diel day.
- New Chacharoon Cheer effects will be added.
A New vendor NPC will be added to the Rearing Grounds.