The May version update of Final Fantasy XI has landed, bringing an explosive amount of new content for players to sink their teeth into. The first chapter of the three-part Rhapsodies of Vana'diel scenario has been implemented, alongside the new zone Escha - Zi'tah! In this zone, adventurers can participate in the new Geas Fete battle content for various new and exciting rewards. To face off against these new challenges, several adjustments and additions have been made to various jobs to boost their combat prowess.
For those looking for different ways to pass the time, the Mog House system has been upgraded with a second floor for decorating and storage, the Mog Gardens system has a number of new Monster Rearing options, a number of Assaults have been adjusted, and much more!
For full details on the version update, be sure to check below the jump! Excited for the new content? Tell us all about it over on the ZAM forums!
From the official Final Fantasy XI forums:
- The first chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel has been added.Players must meet the following prerequisites to commence the scenario.
- Must be level 3 or greater.
- Must enter any home nation area connecting to a mog house.
*Once begun, progressing through the scenario will require registration of Rise of the Zilart.
- Key items obtained through progressing through Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will make a wide range of content more accessible, increase skill gains, and further facilitate adventuring in Vana'diel.
Read on to learn more.
- A new area, Escha - Zi'Tah, has been added.
Reaching a certain point in the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel scenario will grant access to Escha - Zi'Tah.
A wide range of monsters inhabit this area, from the relatively weak creatures that roam the periphery to the high-level and notorious monsters that dwell in its inner reaches.
- Escha - Zi'Tah currencies
Defeating monsters in Escha - Zi'tah will yield two kinds of unique currencies.
- Escha Silt
Escha silt is acquired by defeating monsters that dwell in Escha - Zi'Tah. It can be used in the following ways:Using warp points within Escha - Zi'Tah. / Exchanged for enhancing effects while in Escha - Zi'Tah. / Exchanged for temporary items for use within Escha - Zi'Tah. / Exchanged for key items.
- Escha Beads
Escha beads are acquired by defeating monsters that dwell in Escha - Zi'Tah. They can be exchanged for materials used to engrave equipment with arcane glyptics.
- Boons while in Escha - Zi'Tah
While in Escha - Zi'Tah, players can take advantage of vorseals, powerful charms that produce a variety of effects.
- Obtaining vorseals
Speak to Affi to exchange escha silt for a vorseal. Upon entering Escha - Zi'Tah the vorseal will automatically radiate its blessing, which will last for one hour (Earth time).
*The escha silt will only be consumed upon acquiring a vorseal, not when the effect is activated.
*After one hour has passed or the effect has been manually deactivated, changing areas will reset the timer and reapply the effect.
- Vorseal types
New varieties of vorseal will be made available by defeating certain eschan creatures and notorious monsters as well as both advancing to key points in the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel scenario.
- Temporary items in Escha - Zi'Tah
A number of temporary items are available for use while in Escha - Zi'Tah.
- Acquiring temporary items
Affi offers temporary items in exchange for escha silt. These temporary items will disappear upon leaving the area.
- Temporary item types
New temporary items will be made available from defeating certain eschan creatures and notorious monsters as well as by advancing to key points in the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel scenario.
- Assault has undergone the following changes.
- Imperial Agent Rescue
The frequency of Mamool Ja Warder's special abilities has been increased.
- Lebros Supplies
A new temporary item, the seafood stewpot, has been added.
Feeding one soldier with the seafood stewpot will produce a similar effect on the surrounding soldiers.
- Evade and Escape
The time that switches will stay active for has been increased from three minutes five minutes (Earth time).
- Azure Ailments
The number of status ailments that must be accumulated has been reduced from five to three.
- Nyzul Isle Investigation / Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
The time that lamps will stay active has been increase from thirty seconds to five minutes (Earth time).
- Mog Houses have undergone the following adjustments.
- Mog houses can now be expanded to two stories.
The following quests must be completed to expand a mog house.Growing Flowers / A Lady's Heart / Flower Child*If the quests above have already been completed, speaking to the mog house moogle, asking about the second floor, and leaving and reentering the mog house will expand it.
- Mog house second floor
The mog house's second floor differs from the first floor in the following ways.
The second floor is slightly larger than the first.
- Moogle placement
There is no moogle on the second floor, freeing up space for furnishings.
- Wall layout
There are more locations to place wall furnishings. Wall furnishings can now be set to four different heights.
*Potted plants cannot be placed on the second floor.
The interior design can be freely changed and set to San d'Orian, Bastokan, or Windurstian architectural styles.
*Only the second floor can be customized in this way.
*Second floor furnishings will not contribute towards any moghancement effects.
- Going to the second floor
Select "Change floors." when near your mog house's entrance to move between floors.
*Player guests cannot change floors this way. To invite a player to the second floor, have them leave the mog house and re-invite them while on the second floor.
- Mog Safe 2
Expanding the mog house grants access to Mog Safe 2, a new item storage option.
*Mog Safe 2 functions identically to Mog Safe.
*Both Mog Safe and Mog Safe 2 share the same maximum storage value.
- While in layout mode, squares where a furnishing can be placed on top of another are now highlighted green.
- Squares selected in layout mode have been more clearly identified.
- While in layout mode, the furnishing placement cursor can now be moved in two different ways.
- The camera will now be able to pass through furnishings freely.
- Mog Gardens have undergone the following adjustments.
- Rank 4 monster rearing has been made available, and the following additions and adjustments have been made.
- Three new kinds of rearable creatures have been added.
- A new Cheer effects have been added.
- New items have been added to the Green Thumb Moogle.
- It is now possible to interact with up to two monsters each Vana'diel day.
- A new vendors has been added.
- The default selection cursor position has been changed to "No" in the flotsam disposal confirmation menu.
- The number of rank points earned from trading crystals with each nation's Conquest Overseers has been increased.
- Home Points have been added to the following locations:Qufim Island(G-7)
- New NPCs have been added to the following areas:
Name Location Curio Vender Moogle Port San d'Oria (J-9) Curio Vender Moogle Port Bastok
Curio Vender Moogle Port Windurst (M-4) Nolan Norg (I-7) Jumping Rabbit Yahse Hunting Grounds (K-9) Nunana Yahse Hunting Grounds (K-9)
- The following quests will now appear in the offer list.Growing Flowers / A Lady's Heart / Flower Child / Pretty Little Things
- The difficulty of the following quests has been adjusted.
- The Old Lady / Elder Memories
A key item has been added to replace the items necessary for completing these quests.
*This key item can also be acquired as a reward during the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel story line if the quests above have not been completed.
- Acting in Good Faith / Altana's Sorrow / The Missing Piece
The locations of the ??? are now fixed and sparkling visuals have been added to make them easier to find.
*The ??? in Acting in Good Faith will not display any visuals due to its location.
- Introduction to Teamwork / Intermediate Teamwork / Advanced Teamwork
The number of characters required to complete these quests has been reduced from six to two.
- You Call That a Knife?
It is now possible to give sandfish to Mhebi Juhbily. A player who gives her a sandfish can inspect the shed as long as they do not leave the area.
- Added NPCs to redistribute Geomancy Attire and Runeist Attire.
To reacquire these items, speak to Jumping Rabbit in Yahse Hunting Grounds (K-9).
- Unity Concord has undergone the following additions and adjustments.
- Personal Evaluation and Partial Personal Evaluation categories have been added to the Unity Information screen.
- A new Unity leader alter ego system has been added.
Unity leader alter egos are special alter egos that can be called forth once certain conditions have been met. They cannot be called forth with trust magic like other alter egos, but are instead made temporarily available once conditions have been fulfilled.
- Conditions for calling forth Unity leader alter egos:
- Must have completed one of the following quests:Trust: San d'Oria / Trust: Bastok / Trust: Windurst
- Must have a personal evaluation of five points or greater during the Unity ranking tabulation period.
*Changing Unities, or having a personal evaluation lower than five points for two consecutive ranking tabulation periods will make Unity leader alter egos unavailable.
*Raising personal evaluation up to five points during the Unity ranking tabulation period will make it possible to call forth Unity leader alter egos again.
- Unity leader alter egosPieuje (UC) / Ayame (UC) / Invincible Shield (UC) / Apururu (UC) / Maat (UC) / Aldo (UC) / Jakoh (UC) / Naja (UC) / Flaviria (UC)*Only the Unity leader alter ego from the currently allied Unity can be called forth.
- Unity ranking enhancements
Unity leader alter egos will enjoy bonuses to all their stats based on the Unity ranking held at the time of summoning.
- The number of Unity points required to take on Unity Wanted objectives has been reduced.
Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment 75 300 → 200 99 500 → 400 119 2000 → 1500 122 2500 → 1800 125 3000 → 2100 128 3500 → 2400
- Records of Eminence has undergone the following additions and adjustments.
- New objectives have been added.
- Limited-time challenges can now be regularly accepted.
These objectives can be accepted during the times below:
Japan Time Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 0:00 ～ 3:59 Magic is Murder Vanquish Birds Vanquish Amorphs Vanquish Undead Vanquish Arcana Crack Treasure Caskets Weapon Skill Kills 4:00 ～ 7:59 Vanquish Plantoids Vanquish Lizards Vanquish Vermin Spoils (Seals) Gain Experience Vanquish Aquans Vanquish Beasts 8:00 ～ 11:59 Vanquish Amorphs Vanquish Undead Vanquish Arcana Crack Treasure Caskets Weapon Skill Kills Magic is Murder Vanquish Birds 12:00 ～ 15:59 Vanquish Vermin Spoils (Seals) Gain Experience Vanquish Aquans Vanquish Beasts Vanquish Plantoids Vanquish Lizards 16:00 ～ 19:59 Vanquish Arcana Crack Treasure Caskets Weapon Skill Kills Magic is Murder Vanquish Birds Vanquish Amorphs Vanquish Undead 20:00 ～ 23:59 Gain Experience Vanquish Aquans Vanquish Beasts Vanquish Plantoids Vanquish Lizards Vanquish Vermin Spoils (Seals)
- The maximum number of current objectives has been raised from fifteen to thirty.
- Players may now use tabs instead of gil to teleport using survival guides.
One teleportation costs fifty tabs.
Acquiring a key item from the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel story line reduces this cost to ten tabs.
- New battle content, Geas Fete, has been added.
Geas Fete focuses on battling the notorious monsters that dwell in the new Escha - Zi'Tah area.
Defeating these notorious monsters will grant the victors experience and capacity points, escha silt and beads—unique currencies specific to Escha—as well as powerful equipment specific to each monster. Adventurers can also find eschalixirs, a mysterious grey liquid used to enhance these items.
Take on progressively more powerful notorious monsters while obtaining beneficial effects only available in Escha - Zi'Tah.
- How to participate
*Alter egos can be called forth for Geas Fete, but they do not count towards the required number of party members.
- Form a party of three to eighteen members.
- Every party member must possess a tribulens key item and the party leader must have a grisly trinket corresponding to the appropriate notorious monster.
- Preparing for battle
- Acquiring the first key item
Speak to Affi in Escha - Zi'Tah (F-10) and exchange escha silt for a tribulens.
*The amount of silt required to trade for tribulenses will increase with each exchange in eight stages. This increase is tracked for each player individually, and the silt price will slowly revert to its original value in steps after thirty minutes (Earth time) have elapsed.
- Acquiring the second key item
The second "grisly trinket" key item differs based on the notorious monster.
*Each "grisly trinket" key item bears a different name for its corresponding notorious monster.
Speak to Affi and select "Receive grisly trinket memorandums" to see a list of each grisly trinket and their prices.
Exchange silt for the grisly trinket that corresponds to your target notorious monster.
- Luring the monsters
The notorious monster will appear when the party leader inspects the ??? target located in each corner of Escha - Zi'Tah, while in possession of both a tribulens and the appropriate grisly trinket.
Vanquishing these fearsome foes rewards players with a variety of spoils and escha silt and beads.
* The key items are consumed upon summoning the monsters.
- Augmenting Equipment
Equipment dropped by the notorious monsters of Escha - Zi'Tah can be engraved with arcane glyptics in stages by exchanging eschalixirs to Nolan in Norg (I-7).
A preliminary mezzotinting process is performed after one of four different enhancement paths is selected. Mezzotinting does not require any eschalixira, but it does cost silt to perform.
Applying eschalixir to mezzotinted equipment will enhance its properties through several progressively stronger ranks.
Item details follow below.
Type: Selected path.
Rank: Current equipment enhancement rank.
NextRP: The number of rank points required before the next rank is reached.
Equipment dropped by the notorious monsters defeated in Geas Fete can be mezzotinted under a different path while retaining its previous enhancements.
This mysterious grey liquid can extracted from the remains of Escha - Zi'Tah's denizens or bought from Nolan in exchange for escha beads.
Eschalixirs +1 and +2 can also be obtained from defeating the notorious monsters that roam Escha - Zi'Tah or are engaged in Geas Fete.
Enhancing equipment with a higher grade eschalixir will grant more rank points than lower quality ones.
- Job points have undergone the following additions and adjustments.
- New job point categories have been added.
- New gifts have been added.
- Adventuring Fellows have had the following attributes increased when their player is wearing item level equipment.Accuracy / Magic Accuracy / Ranged Accuracy / Evasion / Magic Evasion / Defense
- Alter egos have undergone the following adjustments.
- New alter egos have been added.
- Alter egos can now be called forth in high-tier mission battlefields and Voidwatch.
- All alter egos have had the following attributes increased when their player is wearing item level equipment.Accuracy / Magic Accuracy / Ranged Accuracy / Evasion / Magic Evasion / Defense
- The following alter egos now enjoy enhanced enmity effects:Curilla / Volker / Trion / Valaineral / Gessho / Mnejing / Rahal / Rughadjeen / Amchuchu
- The following alter egos now enjoy reduced enmity effects:Kupipi / Mihli Aliapoh / Cherukiki / Karaha-Baruha / Ferreous Coffin / Joachim / Ulmia / Koru-Moru
- Naja's "Peacebreaker" weapon skill has undergone the following adjustments:
Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment Fragmentation / Compression → Distortion / Reverberation
- The probability of Ferreous Coffin's Cursna spell curing Doom has been increased.
- In line with the above change to alter ego attributes when the player is wearing item level equipment, Kukki-Chebukki’s enfeebling magic skill has been decreased. The player should notice no net change when wearing item level equipment.
- Jobs have undergone the following adjustments.
- The black magic spells Aspir, Aspir II, and Drain have had their maximum effects increased.
- The black magic spell Aspir II has had its casting time decreased from five seconds to three seconds.
- The levels at which warriors receive improved Physical Attack Bonus job traits have been changed from Lv.30/91 to Lv.30/65/91.
- The levels at which warriors receive improved Physical Defense Bonus job traits have been changed from Lv.10/86 to Lv.10/45/86.
- The levels at which warriors receive improved Double Attack job traits have been changed from Lv.25/76 to Lv.25/50/75/85/99.
- The level-based effect bonus for the job ability Berserk has been raised from 1% to 2%.
- The level-based effect bonus for the job ability Defender has been raised from 1% to 2%.
- Black Mage
- A new job ability, Cascade, has been added.
- Cascade (BLM Lv.85, casting delay: 60 seconds, effect duration: 60 seconds)
Grants a damage bonus to the next elemental magic spell cast based on TP consumed.
- Red Mage
- A new white magic spell, Inundation, has been added
- Inundation (RDM Lv.64, casting delay: 20 seconds, effect duration: 5 minutes)
Increases skillchain damage received based on the number of different weapon type weapon skills used.
- The additional damage of the following white magic spells has been increased:Enthunder / Enstone / Enaero / Enblizzard / Enfire / Enwater / Enthunder II / Enstone II / Enaero II / Enblizzard II / Enfire II / Enwater II
- Dark Knight
- The levels at which dark knights receive improved Physical Attack Bonus job traits have been changed from Lv.10/30/50/70/76/91 to Lv.10/30/50/70/76/83/91/99
- A new job ability, Consume Mana, has been added.
- Consume Mana (DRK Lv.55, casting delay: 60 seconds, effect duration: 60 seconds)
Converts all MP into damage for the next attack.
- The attack bonus and defense penalty granted by the job ability Last Resort has been increased from 15% to 25%.
- The maximum effect of the black magic spell Drain II has been increased.
- The amount of enmity produced by Utsusemi: Ichi, Utsusemi: Ni, and Utsusemi: San has been increased while the player is under the effects of Yonin.
- The casting time of Migawari has been decreased from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
- The following Phantom Rolls have been added.
- Naturalist's Roll (COR Lv.67, casting delay: 60 seconds, effect duration: 5 minutes)
Duration of enhancing magic received is increased.
- Runeist's Roll (COR Lv.70, casting delay: 60 seconds, effect duration: 5 minutes)
Magic evasion is increased.
- A new job ability, Crooked Cards, has been added.
- Crooked Cards (COR Lv.95, casting delay: 10 minutes, effect duration: 60 seconds)
The effects of the next Phantom Roll are boosted by 20%.
*The penalty for busting is also increased by 20%.
- The effects of Ninja Roll have been increased.
- The attribute bonus conferred by the Astral Flow Effect job point category has been increased from +3 to +5.
- The following automaton attachments have been added:Inhibitor II / Amplifier / Repeater / Barrier Module * / Dynamo II / Resister / Resister II / Arcanic Cell / Arcanic Cell II / Regulator
*The former "Barrier Module" has been renamed to "Barrier Module II".
- The following attachments have undergone adjustments.
- Drum Magazine
No longer decreases physical accuracy.
- Barrage Turbine
Will now grant TP for each shot landed on an enemy.
- The effect duration of the Overdrive ability has been increased from 1 to 3 minutes.
- The attribute bonus offered by the Overdrive Effect job point category has been increased from +3 to +5.
- Bee pollen and mandragora dewdrops have been added. These items are necessary for advancing the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel storyline and can be obtained from the following monsters.
Huge Wasp - La Theine Plateau, Konschtat Highlands
Pygmaioi - Tahrongi Canyon
- New items have been added.
- New synthesis recipes have been added.
- Succeeding at synthesis will offer a chance to skill up even when a player's current synthesis skill level exceeds the recipe's skill level.
*The difference between the recipe's level and the player's synthesis skill level must not exceed 10.
- Current Synthesis skill is 30, recipe skill level is 30:
→ Chance of skilling up.
- Current Synthesis skill is 30, recipe skill level is 20:
→ Chance of skilling up.
- Current Synthesis skill is 30, recipe skill level is 19:
→ No chance of skilling up.
- Current Synthesis skill is 30, recipe skill level is 30:
- New synergy recipes have been added.
Item Required Synthesis Skill Materials Galley Kitchen - Kitchen Brick, Kitchen Stove, Kitchen Plate Poroggo Coat +1 - Poroggo Coat, Poroggo Coat
- The vendor prices of the following items have been reduced:
Bronze Bullet Pouch / Juji Shuriken / Manji Shuriken / Fuma Shuriken / Iga Shuriken / Kabura Arrow
- Runje Desaali in Eastern Adoulin (J-10) will now purchase the following items from players:
Vineslash Cesti / Coalition Dirk / Coalition Blade / Coalition Sword /
Coalition Axe / Trunkcleaver / Fieldrazer Scythe / Coalition Lance /
Kotekirigo / Kashiwadachi / Coalition Rod / Sortilevel Staff / Avitap Pole /
Coalition Bow / Shadeshot Gun / Coalition Shield / Karieyh Moufles /
Thurandaut Gloves / Orvail Cuffs / Karieyh Sollerets / Thurandaut Boots /
Orvail Souliers / Karieyh Morion / Thurandaut Chapeau / Orvail Corona
Karieyh Brayettes / Thurandaut Tights / Orvail Pants / Karieyh Haubert /
Thurandaut Tabard / Orvail Robe / Forefront Cesti / Forefront Dagger /
Forefront Blade / Forefront Claymore / Forefront Axe / Forefront Labrys /
Forefront Scythe / Forefront Lance / Ichijintanto / Ichijinto / Forefront Wand
Forefront Staff / Forefront Scepter / Forefront Bow / Forefront Gun /
Forefront Bowgun / Forefront Flute / Huactzin Shield / F. Animator /
Convocaller / Repulse Mantle / Gorney Moufles / Shneddick Gloves /
Weather. Cuffs / Gorney Sollerets / Shneddick Boots / Weather. Souliers /
Gorney Morion / Shneddick Chapeau / Weather. Corona / Gorney Brayettes /
Shneddick Tights / Weathersp. Pants / Gorney Haubert / Shneddick Tabard /
Weatherspoon Robe / Camaraderie Knuckles / Camaraderie Dagger / Camaraderie Blade /
Camaraderie Claymore / Camaraderie Axe / Camaraderie Reaver / Camaraderie Scythe /
Camaraderie Lance / Camaraderie Katana / Camaraderie Tachi / Camaraderie Wand /
Camaraderie Staff / Camaraderie Pole / Camaraderie Bow / Camaraderie Gun /
Camaraderie Bowgun / Camaraderie Harp / Camaraderie Shield / Karieyh Moufles +1 /
Thurandaut Gloves +1 / Orvail Cuffs +1 /Karieyh Sollerets +1 / Thurandaut Boots +1 /
Orvail Souliers +1 / Karieyh Morion +1 / Thurandaut Chapeau +1 / Orvail Corona +1 /
Karieyh Brayettes +1 / Thurandaut Tights +1 / Orvail Pants +1 / Karieyh Haubert +1 /
Thurandaut Tabard +1 / Orvail Robe +1 / Eminent Baghnakhs / Eminent Dagger /
Eminent Scimitar / Eminent Sword / Eminent Axe / Eminent Voulge / Eminent Sickle /
Eminent Lance / Kaitsuburi / Ichimonji-Yofusa / Eminent Staff / Eminent Pole /
Eminent Bow / Eminent Crossbow / Eminent Gun / Eminent Shield / Eminent Animator /
Eminent Sachet / Outrider Mail / Espial Gambison / Wayfarer Robe /
Outrider Mask / Outrider Mittens / Outrider Hose / Outrider Greaves /
Espial Cap / Espial Bracers / Espial Hose / Espial Socks /
Wayfarer Circlet / Wayfarer Cuffs / Wayfarer Slops / Wayfarer Clogs /
Temachtiani Shirt / Tema. Headband / Temachtiani Gloves / Temachtiani Pants /
Temachtiani Boots / Homestead Cesti / Homestead Dagger / Homestead Blade /
Homestead Claymore / Homestead Axe / Homestead Labrys / Homestead Scythe /
Homestead Scythe / Senkutanto / Senkuto / Homestead Wand / Homestead Staff /
Homestead Scepter / Homestead Bow / Homestead Bowgun / Homestead Gun /
Homestead Flute / Homestead Shield / Gorney Moufles +1 / Shneddick Gloves +1 /
Weatherspoon Cuffs +1 / Gorney Sollerets +1 / Shneddick Boots +1 / Weatherspoon Souliers +1 /
Gorney Morion +1 / Shneddick Chapeau +1 / Weatherspoon Corona +1 / Gorney Brayettes +1 /
Shneddick Tights +1 / Weatherspoon Pants +1 / Gorney Haubert +1 / Shneddick Tabard +1 /
Weatherspoon Robe +1
- The name of the barrier module has been changed to barrier module II.
* In line with this change, a new barrier module has been added.
- Warriors may now equip the following items.
Majorelle Shield / Kite Shield / Heater Shield / Darksteel Shield / Ritter Shield /
Royal Knight Army Shield / Temple Knight Army Shield / Argos Shield / Royal Guard. Shield / Scutum /
Tower Shield / Kite Shield +1 / Heater Shield +1 / Scutum +1 /Darksteel Shield +1 /
Tower Shield +1 / Ritter Shield +1 / Royal Knight Army Shield +1 / Royal Knight Army Shield +2 / Temple Knight Army Shield +1 /
Temple Knight Army Shield +2 / Charging Shield / General's Shield / Admiral's Shield /
Jennet Shield / Januwiyah / Januwiyah +1 / Januwiyah -1 / Caballero Shield /
Wivre Shield / Wivre Shield +1 / Iron Ram Shield / Riot Shield /
Terror Shield / Rusty Shield / Gleaming Shield / Dagda's Shield / Homestead Shield /
Rinda Shield / Eminent Shield / Camaraderie Shield / Huactzin Shield /
Steadfast Shield / Coalition Shield / Butznar Shield +1 / Butznar Shield
The following items are now storable via the Porter Moogle
Storage slip 19
Cherry Tree / Excalipoor / Excalipoor II / Behemoth Masque / Behemoth Suit /
Behemoth Masque +1 / Behemoth Suit +1 / Poroggo Coat / Poroggo Coat +1
- A new command to display areas of effect has been added.
The Area of Effect Display category in the Misc. 3 section of the Config submenu has been enabled. Enabling this command will display a visual indicator of the area of effect surrounding the selected target. The following types of effects targeting multiple players are compatible.
Abilities / Magic / Weapon skills / Pet abilities / Enchantments / Items* This command is disabled in monstrosity
* The command will only display circular areas of effect as of this version update. Fan-shaped areas of effect are currently unscheduled.
- An adventuring primer has been added.
An adventuring primer option has been added to the Support Desk submenu. This primer allows players to search for a variety of information based on their goals and desired level of content difficulty.
- Using the Primer
Command Function Left analog stick → Scroll OK button → Next page Cancel button → Return to top
- Current Categories
The following categories have been added for the May version update.
- Changing Equipment
- Home Points
- Survival Guides
- Storage Systems
- Limit Break Quests
- Merit Points
- Job Points
- Item Level
- Content Level
- Fields of Valor
- Records of Eminence
- Allegiance Missions
- Rise of the Zilart
- Rhapsodies of Vana’diel
- Mog Gardens
- Wanted Battles
- Using the Primer
- Some expansion disc data will now be downloaded upon updating the game.
Players who have not installed the following expansions discs will have them automatically downloaded upon updating in order to properly implement the Rhapsodies of Vana’diel content.
Rise of the Zilart / Chains of Promathia* Note that seeing the first chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana’diel to its conclusion requires an official purchase of Rise of the Zilart. Enjoying the content particular to these expansion discs likewise required the purchase of an applicable registration code.
- The following text commands have been added.
Opens up the remodeling section of the Mog House submenu.
Opens up the Mog Safe II
- /furcc [subcommand]
Sets furniture camera collision options.
on Turns on furniture camera collision.
off Turns off furniture camera collision.
Displays current setting if no subcommand is specified.
- /layoutctrl [subcomannd]
Changes control scheme when decorating your Mog House.
type1 Sets scheme to type 1 (default).
type2 Sets scheme to type 2
Displays current setting if no subcommand is specified.
- /areaeffect (/aoe) [subcommand]
Sets area of effect displays.
on Displays areas of effect.
off Hides areas of effect.
Toggles between on and off if no subcommand is specified.
- /primer (/guide)
Opens the adventuring primer.
- A new subcommand, /echo, has been added to the /lockstyleset text command.
Using /lockstyleset echo will display a message in the log window whenever the command is executed. If a particular equipment set is to be specified, the “echo” subcommand should come after the set number.
Ex.: /lockstyleset 3 echo
Attempts to fix appearance to equipment set 3 and displays the results of the command.
New phrases have been added to the autotranslate dictionary.
- Various issues regarding typos in certain NPC dialogue and help text.
- The issue wherein it was not possible to watch quest replays for geomancer and rune fencer quests.
- The issue with NPC graphics being incorrect in the "Against All Odds" corsair artifact quest.
- The issue in monster rearing wherein interacting with a creature for a second time could make it impossible to feed it.
- The issue in Vagary wherein logging out during battle and logging back in could grant a player key items.
- The issue in Unity wherein selecting "Bring me to a Wanted encounter area." would display a list of invalid areas.
- The issue in Rala Waterways that would prevent players from calling forth alter egos at times.
- The issue with animations displaying incorrectly for Mildaurion's alter ego.
- The issue wherein scholars' Manifestation ability would extend an area-of-effect to non-area-of-effect spells.
- The issue wherein automatons' magic bursts would not reduce enmity.
- The issue where using certain blood pacts would disable avatar TP bonuses from equipment.
- The issue wherein the icon used for Ethereal Incense was incorrect.
- The issue wherein the properties of Ravenous Breastplate +1 were incorrect.
- The issue wherein equipping a one-handed club and then enabling style lock would occasionally cause the /hurray emote to not display correctly.
- The issue wherein the Leafkin Cap +1 Teleport enchantment would not work in mog gardens.
- The issue wherein the the "cure potency II +n%" effect of Janniston Ring and Glorious Earring was greater than displayed.
- The issue where style lock would at times not disengage after changing jobs.
- The issue where after earning a support job, a player would have to leave and reenter the area before selecting a different support job.
PlayStation2 Version Only
- The issues in the PlayStation2 version in which the screen may turn dark and progress made impossible during the following quests and/or missions:A Nation on the Brink / Westerly Winds / Light of Judgment /
Ode of Life / Rank 5 home nation missions
- Certain event reply titles are incorrect.
- Nolan in Norg’s explanation about escha beads is incorrect.
- In the Shadowreign Era, the item "Allied Ring" is not available for purchase for allied notes even if the Allied Forces are in control of the Throne Room [S].
- The cast time reduction of Migawari has not been applied to monstrosity.
- The effects of the following items are incorrect.
- The Nibiru Chopper’s damage is currently 287 when it should be 293.
- The Nibiru Lance’s weapon delay is currently 501 when it sholud be 492.
- The Nibiru Sickle’s weapon damage is currently 300 when it should be 290, and its weapon delay is currently 492 when it should be 501.
- When asking Shahau in Aht Urhgan Whitegate about synthesis recipes, the option for "expert" does not appear.
- The items Affi in Escha – Zih’Tah (F-10) requires in exchange for the grisly trinket Ionos’s webbing are incorrect.
Trading the listed items to Affi will not provide players with Ionis’s webbing. This item can be procured by trading him ten Ayapec’s shells.
- Players will occasionally be unable to log out if they attempt to do so while viewing the adventuring primer.
English Version Only
- The beastmaster pet ability "somersault" is unable to be properly activated unless a space is added at the end. ("somersault".)
PlayStation 2 Only
- In Monstrosity, area of effect displays activate when selecting a spell.