Patch Incoming Tomorrow Morning
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 6:30 AM PT* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 5 hours.
Patch notes for this update will be found in the Game Update Notes section of the forums once they are made available.
*Convert to your local time
March 14, 2018
*** Highlights ***
- March 16, 2018 marks EverQuest's 19th Anniversary! We're grateful for all of you who have made this possible. Keep an eye out for new and returning special events in the upcoming weeks!
- Have you been looking for an opportunity to start fresh? Our newest Progression Server, Coirnav, launches on March 16, 2018! See the forums for details.
- Bristlebane's been rummaging around in his vault recently and has found some once-lost items! Check the Marketplace for limited time offers during the 19th Anniversary!
*** Items ***
- Adjusted the base modification of Jeweled Skull of Null to make the stats closer to the group version if you have completed no Veeshan's Peak raids.
- Procs on weapons can now activate if the item has a click cooldown that is different from the spell activated on a proc.
- Removed the small knockback from Rain of the Overthere on Hoarded Worker Sledgemallet and Jeweled Hoarded Worker Sledgemallet.
- New player starting tunics can no longer be traded and have no value.
- Fixed the spelling of Deathseeker on three items.
*** Tradeskills ***
- Fixed a problem where combine failures were not always returning the tools used.
- The recipe for Scaleborn Warmonger Coat now requires Combine Draconic Scale Transmogrificant.
*** Quests And Events ***
- End of Empire (Mission and Raid) - Fixed a bug that could cause the Unhammered and No Outbreaks achievements to fail when they should not.
- Hoshkar (Ring of Scale) - Smoothed out the intervals at which Hoshkar casts his spells. They should no longer cast at the same time.
- Balance of Power (Raid) - Fixed an issue that would prevent completion of the Ghosted achievement.
- Fell Foliage (Mission) - Lowered the maximum number of players allowed in this mission to 6.
- Jondin's Fern Flower quest can now be completed.
- Crypt of Sul Heroic Adventures - Removed some NPCs that should not have spawned in these missions.
- Reduced the level of many Heroic Adventure NPCs. This mostly affects rares in The Broken Mirror.
- Vex Thal - Bosses will now tether in the Agent of Change instances.
- Vex Thal - Akhevan Warders will again banish people.
- Vex Thal - Kaas Thox Xi Aten Ha Ra will no longer tether if it gravity fluxes.
*** Spells ***
- Detrimental beam spells no longer attempt to hit many types of invalid targets such as friendly NPCs (including pets), auras, and invulnerable NPCs. Beneficial beam spells now include friendly NPCs (including pets), and exclude enemy NPCs and players.
- Spell/Tome reward sets from Ring of Scale will now hide abilities you have already memorized when you view them. If you have used a tablet or symbol before this change but not selected a reward you will have to reuse the tablet or symbol to do so.
- Moved all melee timers up one ID in order to fix several timing issues with procs.
- Bard - Corrected an issue where certain songs would attempt to begin playing twice.
- Druid - Corrected the description of Chill of the Wildtender.
- Druid - Reduced mana costs on most DoT spells to better reflect the damage they do.
- Ranger - Strength of the Wildstalker should now prevent the same or lower ranks of Brell's Blessed Bastion from landing.
- Shaman - Increased the damage on Curse of Sisslak so that it is an upgrade to Bane as intended. Increased damage on higher level spells in the Blood of Saryrn DoT line as a result.
- Shaman - Lowered mana costs on most spells in the combined DoT lines. Fast (two tick duration) DoTs are all more efficient than their parent spells.
- Warrior - Corrected the descriptions for the Scowl line of abilities.
*** AA ***
- Magician - Fixed a bug where rank 1 of Frenzied Burnout only increased 1-Hand Blunt damage rather than all melee damage.
- All - Quick Draw has been refunded.
*** NPCs ***
- NPCs will no longer summon or cast spells on the corpses of players who are hovering.
- Reduced the level of many Heroic Adventure NPCs. This mostly affects rares in The Broken Mirror.
- Encounters that have a 100% chance to generate a rare now have a delay before they will spawn. These encounters now have a respawn variance as well.
- Veeshan's Peak (Ring of Scale) - Changed the factions used by NPCs in the zone to be distinct from the faction in the original Veeshan's Peak. Faction loss for killing the Denizens of Veeshan's Peak will be heavy. They do not like when mortals kill their kin.
- Overthere (Ring of Scale) - Corrected the spelling of Fereth.
- Mercenary Liaison NPCs now have a more consistent category name and spelling.
- In the Tower of Frozen Shadow, killing an enraged vampire on floor 7 will no longer spawn Cara Omica on floor 4.
- Only one instance of Champion Ultharas will be active at one time in Arcstone.
- Ice goblins in Permafrost now have more varied names. Corrected a problem that could prevent some ice goblins from spawning if there were too many active elsewhere.
- The following NPCs are no longer flagged as rare:
- - Grandmaster R`tal, Mistress of Scorn, Lord of Ire, Lord of Loathing, Avatar of Abhorrence, High Priest M`kari, Coercer T`vala, Magi P`tasa, Ashenbone Broodmaster, Master of Spite, Muramite Commander, Ulga the Elfeater, Ogoruk the Charming, Nendor the Daunting, Zurul the Bonecruncher, Korizar the Neckbreaker, Death Fang Teraz, Alassh the Cannibal, Katazz the Twisted, Nentassh the Blade Queen, Iross the Sledge, The Steel Serpent, Akazz the Blood Goddess, Thunderstone, a rotting warchest, a Malgrin Legion warchest, a Xillsfar Legion warchest, Kael Militia Captain, an Imperial Gravemaster, Wraith of a Di`Zok Hero, Vrex High Priest, Secrets of Faydwer faction vendors, thick boned skeleton, thick tailed skeleton, thick skulled skeleton, Barkley, Bloodmaw, a froglok hunter, a froglok forager, Nosja (the common version), and Daman (the common version)
- The following NPCs are now flagged as rare:
- - Maru the Twelfth Born, A Wrulon Sentry, Tower of Frozen Shadow NPCs that are triggers to spawn rares, a large undead gnoll, an angry librarian, an enraged shadow beast, an enraged relative, Cara Omica, VhalSera, Tserrina Syl`Tor, Tenebrous NPCs that are triggers to spawn rares, Heratius Grolden, Valdanov Zevfeer, Oracle Froskil, Vessel Fryn, Knight Dragol, Master Fasliw, Dreadlord Dekir, Keeper Sepsis, Hierophant Ixyl, Harbinger Josk, Doom, Thruke, Flayhte, Dragontail, Commander Sils, Stonebeak, Ffroaak, and Throkkok
- Many rares have had their spawn chance or spawn time adjusted.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Fixed an issue where /blockspell commands would clear upon zoning.
- The Ice Witch and Greshvoule in Permafrost will not spawn until Planes of Power is unlocked.
- Recipes for Golden Idols and alchemy Distillates now require Shadows of Luclin to be unlocked.
- Added an Agent of Change for Theater of Blood in Arcstone. The Twisted Harmonic Chime will still be needed to request and enter this instance.
- Some doors in Unrest will be locked on servers that have not yet unlocked Ruins of Kunark. You may need to find the key or bring a rogue proficient with lock picks.
- - These keys will no longer drop on servers that have unlocked Ruins of Kunark.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to crash when entering Arx Mentis, Chapterhouse of the Fallen, and the Breeding Grounds.
- Fixed an issue that was causing collection or tradeskill task steps to fail outside of specific zones.
- Many original EverQuest zones have had their experience modifier adjusted for balance reasons and/or to encourage variety in leveling.
*** UI ***
- Fixed a bug where merchants would mix up the singular and plural name of currencies when buying and selling items for alternate currencies.
- Fixed an issue where the Window Selector would not open the map.
- Fixed an issue where the Map window would not open the map toolbar.
- Fixed an issue where the Task Overlay window was not saving its settings.
- Removed the potion belt and added a new hotbar. Hotbars now go to 11.
- The Guild window no longer resets your scroll position when a guild member zones.
- Changed -
*** Previously Updated ***
- Drusella's Vault - This event should activate properly again.
- The Veeshan's Peak Agent of Change is now able to send you to the correct instance when Omens of War unlocks on Progression Servers.
- Bristlebane was here.
- The EverQuest Team
Patched files can be found by clicking on Read More on page 2.
In this update, more classic items and recipes were tagged.
Click Read More to see all the udpates.
Updated Items: Teir`Dal Sewing Kit ; Thimble Mold ; Needle Mold ; Shadow Temper ; Essence of Shadow ; Elven Blood ; Clockwork Watchman Bracer ; Clockwork Watchman Vambraces ; Clockwork Watchman Boots ; Clockwork Watchman Gauntlets ; Clockwork Watchman Helm ; Clockwork Watchman Greaves ; Footwarming Boots ; Clockwork Watchman Breastplate ; Imbued Steelsilk Bracers ; Imbued Steelsilk Waistband ; Imbued Steelsilk Waistband ; Imbued Steelsilk Waistband ; Imbued Steelsilk Vambraces ; Imbued Steelsilk Vambraces ; Imbued Steelsilk Vambraces ; Imbued Steelsilk Pauldron ; Imbued Steelsilk Pauldron ; Imbued Steelsilk Pauldron ; Imbued Steelsilk Mask ; Imbued Steelsilk Mask ; Imbued Steelsilk Mask ; Imbued Steelsilk Helm ; Imbued Steelsilk Helm ; Imbued Steelsilk Helm
Updated Recipes: Clockwork Watchman Breastplate (recharge) ; Telescopic Eyepatch ; Footwarming Boots ; Half Capacity Gnomish Vanishing Device ; Clockwork Watchman Breastplate ; Imbued Steelsilk Mask (Cazic Thule) ; Imbued Steelsilk Helm (Cazic Thule) ; Imbued Steelsilk Pauldron (Cazic Thule) ; Imbued Steelsilk Waistband (Cazic Thule) ; Imbued Steelsilk Vambraces (Cazic Thule) ; Imbued Steelsilk Mask (Quellious) ; Imbued Steelsilk Helm (Quellious) ; Imbued Steelsilk Pauldron (Quellious) ; Imbued Steelsilk Waistband (Quellious) ; Imbued Steelsilk Vambraces (Quellious) ; Imbued Steelsilk Mask (Prexus) ; Imbued Steelsilk Helm (Prexus) ; Imbued Steelsilk Pauldron (Prexus) ; Imbued Steelsilk Bracers (Prexus) ; Imbued Steelsilk Waistband (Prexus) ; Imbued Steelsilk Vambraces (Prexus)