1

Vana'diel Bestiary: Ten of Coins  

Family:Cardian
Found in:Outer Horutoto Ruins
Job:Red Mage
Level:40 - 44
Flags:
  • Aggro
  • Linking
  • Detects by Sound
  • Detects by Magic
  • Based on Light
  • Strong against Darkness
  • Strong against Earth
  • Strong against Fire
  • Strong against Ice
  • Strong against Light
  • Strong against Lightning
  • Strong against Water
  • Strong against Wind
Drops:
Involved in Quests:
Updated: Fri Dec 28 16:26:12 2007

Ten of Coins Picture

Send a correction

Post Comment
drop rate
# Jul 20 2008 at 12:28 PM Rating: Decent
Had to visit the W/C waiting for re-pop, only drop I had all day, 'nuff said. 66 Bst/Thf. Remora server
bad luck night
# Mar 25 2008 at 10:01 PM Rating: Good
**
452 posts
I'm 0/17 so far with out th, I was told that without drops would be about 10% not in case though.
____________________________
99 blm, 99 thf, 99 rng, 99 whm, 99 drg, 99 pld, 99 bst, 99 war, 99 nin, brd 99 , 99 rdm, 99 smn, 99 pup, 99 drk, 99 blu, 99 sam, 99 mnk, 9 cor, 61 dnc, 99 sch
Ten of Coins 1/7
# Jan 29 2008 at 8:34 AM Rating: Decent
Just camped this last night and I'm now 1/7 on this thing. Using this baby for my Crown. >:) The 1 time I got it came from my THF friend who decided to come along to help me out. Probably wouldn't have gotten this if it wasn't for him.
Opo-Opo Crown
# Jan 28 2008 at 5:00 PM Rating: Decent
Just camped this and 1/7 for this item. Using this baby for my Opo-Opo Crown and a special thanks to my THF friend who came along. Hope I don't have to do something like this for a long long LONG time. lol :)
Good Money
# Aug 28 2006 at 2:49 AM Rating: Decent
*
57 posts
Today I was browsing through the cards and saw that this went for 130-150k on my server. I looked up how to attain it, and sure enough, here I am still camping this guy after about 3 hours and 45 minutes. So far I have gotten 3 cards, about an average of a card an hour. I have just enough time to run back to Windurst after I get one and send it to my mule before the next set repops. Some say that this guy has a really bad drop rate, but I am about 1/3 to 1/4 on him on average. The best thing about this guy, is he is hardly camped. In my time here, a single JP player came by, killed one Ten of Coins (I was AFK and I assume he got drop, he had 'Ten of Coins' in his search comment using auto-translate, even before he came to the room) and immediately warped after and did not come back.

I have THF sub for TH1.
I have Lucky Egg, 4 Leaf Mandy Bud, and Wild Rabbit Tail in my inventory.
I do not have a Millionaires desk in mog.

I have to say that a THF main with TH2 could make a killing off this thing, as I'm making about 110k an hour for killing a few mobs every 15 minutes.
Not too tough
# Feb 28 2006 at 8:52 AM Rating: Excellent
*
202 posts
I camped and killed this thing numerous times last night and got the drop after about 2 hours. That's 8 respawns. I can confirm that the repop time on these cards is exactly 15 mins and it's a random pop. You might get 2 ten of coins, 3, or none and have to wait another 15 mins after killing the first batch for the next pop. Drop rate wasn't bad however, it was just the waiting that was kind of annoying. But after I killed a batch I'd just watch TV for 15 mins and then check back.
death
# Oct 31 2005 at 6:31 PM Rating: Decent
Yeah, also dont check the door. As for me Jacks poped and killed me and my friend
death
# Oct 22 2006 at 10:15 PM Rating: Decent
*
243 posts
Yeah, also dont check the door. As for me Jacks poped and killed me and my friend


The door will not open unless you have the right Windy Rank mission triggered and therefore the Jacks that popped on you and your friend will not pop either unless you have the right Windy Rank mission triggered.
Info
# May 21 2005 at 6:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Just to clarify, to get to this place, you go in the (F-11) tower in West Sarutabaruta. When you zone in, follow until you can go either right or left. Take a right, then the first left, then a right and the cracked wall will be to your left.

When you get through that wall, the other cracked wall is directly straight ahead.

Me (65WHM) and my friend (63SAM) went for this card. Got it on the second ten of coins killed.
RE: Info
# Jan 14 2006 at 7:43 PM Rating: Excellent
17 posts
No offense, but I found these directions a little confusing (in re-reading your directions, they are absolutely correct, they just confused me lol). You do enter at F-11 in West Sarutabaruta.

Look for the map named the Dahlia Tower at this link: http://ffxi-atlas.com/nav/?act=show&id=horutoto_ruins-outer.

As you can see, you have to zigzag south, then north, then south again while making your way east (how's that for clear??).

There's one Cracked Wall at I-8 and another one at J-8. In that little square room where you find the door for Windy 6-1 is where the Ten of Coins spawns.

Good luck ^^.

Edited, Sat Jan 14 18:52:54 2006
frustrating
# Jan 09 2005 at 7:18 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,313 posts
This was not fun. 3 hrs and no card.
Ten of Coins
# Aug 27 2004 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
For those of you doing the Opo Opo quest, The ten of coins spawns at about J-8. Three tens spawn in this area, its a lottery spawn, So you might get 3 coins, or you might get none. Takes 10-15 minutes for them to respawn.
Kind of a nuisance, But its a nice feeling when you get the card. I ran all the way back to jeuno to get my thief sub ><
RE: Ten of Coins
# Apr 11 2005 at 1:45 PM Rating: Decent
*
189 posts
Just to clarify. Behind the second cracked wall in the south tower in west surta. is where the 10s spawn (next to the "Gate: Magical Gizmo"). They are a 15 minute respawn and only 3 are ever there. Each spawn you have a 25% chance of the Ten of Coin Spawning (either that or Baton Sword or Cup). Basically you have a 75% chance of one spawning every 15 minutes.
RE: Ten of Coins
# Oct 30 2005 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
**
644 posts
Actually, out of 3 spawns, you have just less than a 60% chance of one or more of then being a Ten of Coins. :p
Post Comment

Free account required to post

You must log in or create an account to post messages.