An immense beastman force seeks to strike at the sparsely manned rearguard of the northbound Allied expedition. You have been requested to join the Carmine Swallows on their mission to intercept the encroaching enemy host at Beaucedine.
You must wait one game day after finishing Bonds That Never Die before you can activate this quest.
Talk to Rholont at E-7 in Southern San d'Oria (S) for a cutscene. Next, head to the chocobo stable and talk to Daigraffeaux for another cutscene.
Next, zone into Beaucedine Glacier (S) for another cutscene, and then examine the colossal footprint behind the tower at I-7 for another cutscene. You are asked to collect three key items: a Lance Fish, Paladin Lobster and Scutum Crab.
The aforementioned key items must be fished up at different ponds in Beaucedine Glacier (S). Before you fish, head to G-10 and examine the rocky perch to obtain a Goliath Worm. Examine the rocky perch several times to receive additional worms. When fishing for your key items, one worm will be used per fishing attempt.
The three ponds where each key item fish can found found are:
Look for the message "Something caught the hook!" (notice just one exclamation mark), which indicates you will reel in a key item. Note: The fish can all be caught in the ocean, but with a lower success rate.
Once you have fished up your key items, return to the colossal footprint at I-7 for another cutscene. Next, trade a Flint Stone to the Charred Firewood at I-7.
Next, head to the southern tower at H-10 and prepare for a NM fight. Check the compressed snow for a cutscene, and then check it again to spawn the Orcish Bloodletter. Once defeated, check the compressed snow again to finish the quest.
To read the transcripts for this quest, see the Songbirds in a Snowstorm Spoilers page.
This quest is part of the Wings of the Goddess mission and quest series for San d'Oria. Check the Wings of the Goddess Mission and Quest Progression page for details. Other quests included in the series are:
|Send a correction|
- Starters: Talk to Rholont at the Young Griffons own little happy place in Southern San D'oria (S).
- After that CS, head to the Chocobo Stables and speak to Daigraffeaux for yet another CS.
- Zone into Beaucedine Glacier (S) from Batallia Downs (S), i'd imagine Xarcabard (S) works too, which is essentially a shorter walk
- Head to the tower at I-7, there'll be a Colossal Footprint there. Click it for a CS.
- You'll be asked to fish for a Lance Fish, a Paladin Lobster and a Scutum Crab.
- He'll mention the usage of Goliath Worms, obtainable at the frozen lake at G-10. Click the Rocky Perch there for an EX Goliath Worm. Can get as many as you like.
- At the lake at G-10, use a fishing rod and a Goliath Worm to obtain a Paladin Lobster.
- Lance Fish is obtained at the lake at H-9. Yet again, a fishing rod and a Goliath Worm. Note: No fishing skill is required. Mine is at 1.
- Scutum Crab is obtained at the lake at J-7, same story, Goliath Worm and a fishign rod.
- Head back to the Colossal Footprint for a CS.
- You'll be asked to head to the Northern Cliff to cook the fish. Trade a Flint Stone to the Charred Firewood at I-7. Head north from the C.A. when it's controlled by a nation.
- After that CS, go all the way to the southernmost tower, there should be some Compressed Snow. Click it for a CS.
- Now, an NM, Orcish Bloodletter. WAR NM, uses Mighty Strikes and has a fairly high Double Attack rate. Beware of Battle Dance AoE. We took it down using PLD/NIN, MNK, SMN, SAM and RDM. Wasn't hard, but be prepared.
- Click the Compressed Snow for another CS and your reward, an Icarus Wing.
Edited, Nov 10th 2009 5:19pm by BlackyLakshmi
Free account required to postYou must log in or create an account to post messages.