Ulmia is determined to know the truth, and is ready to revisit Bahamut to learn it. Enlist the aid of Tenzen and Justinius to help you find Ulmia before something terrible occurs.
Check on another Dilapidated Gate at (F-7) Misareaux Coast for another cutscene and you will be able to access to Riverne Site B01 this time from the Spatial Displacement. B01 has a level cap of LV50 this time so make sure you have the right equipment prepared at Safehold first. The navigation pattern for B01 is more or less the same as A01 in Chapter 2, where you'll need 1 Giant Scales from the Pyrodrake wyverns to pass through the Unstable portal. The final spatial displacement at (E-8) will bring you to the BC holding area of Monarch Linn.
BC fight of LV50 against the great dragon of Ouryu. This dragon has the ability to fly, which makes all close range attacks useless.
After the fight, return to the safehold. Go to the top floor and talk to Justinus at (J-6) for a cutscene. This mission is done procede to the next.
TP moves on the ground:
- Absolute Terror: Terrorizes whoever has hate for roughly 30 seconds. Players who are terrorized are frozen in place and cannot do anything.
- Geotic Breath: Frontal earth-based cone attack. Tank can take roughly 700 damage if standing directly in front of Ouryu. Damage is less if standing slightly off to the sides (on Ouryu's feet).
- Spike Flail: Devastating AoE attack used if someone behind Ouryu takes hate. Utsusemi shadows will absorb this attack.
- Horrid Roar: Dispels up to 10 buffs on a single target, including food effects.
- Typhoon Wing: Frontal AoE attack that does 100-180 damage, as well as blind.
TP moves in the air:
- Bai Wing: AoE earth damage that does up to 385 dmg unresisted. Also causes the effect of slow.
- Ochre Blast: AoE earth damage that does around 400 damage.
Other Ouryu attacks and abilities
- Evasion and spell resistance boost while airborne: Ouryu gains evasion boost which cannot be dispelled, as well as an increased resistance to sleep and other spells.
- Touchdown: AoE damage of roughly 140 dmg per player when Ouryu lands without the party using a mistmelt.
- Alternates between walking and flying every 2 minutes.
- Usually uses invincible when around 70 percent health.
- Uses a powerful stoneskin at the start of the fight, and he recasts later on.
- Casts Slowga
- Casts Stoneaga II
- Ouryu's attacks on the ground are physical.
- Ouryu's airborne attacks are elemental and will ignore utsusemi, invincible and other forms of physical damage reduction. His unresisted attacks while flying do 280 dmg.
- When Ouryu takes off, the wyrm can be brought back to earth using a Mistmelt. These items are obtained through the quest Fly High. They can also be bought from the auction house.
- Don't use mistmelts on Ouryu if he's asleep in the air, as the mistmelt won't work until the wyrm wakes up.
- Ouryu is resistant all forms of stun.
- Ouryu can be slept with sleep and repose.
- Blind, Paralyze and Silence all stick on Ouryu, but resistance builds after a few casts.
- Slow does not stick on Ouryu.
- Ouryu will return to his starting position and regen to full if the party is KO'd.
BCNM Strategy for Standard Party Setup
This setup assumes you have a tank, a healer, a support job and three magic or physical damage dealers.
- Plan on bringing eight mistmelts per fight; that's enough mistmelts to ensure victory despite most of the worst situations, assuming the party remains focussed and doesn't panic.
- Tanks and melee DDs should bring hi-potions.
- Paladin tanks (recommended for this fight) should also bring Yagudo drinks and hi-ethers.
- Mages should also bring ethers and yagudo drinks. A Vile elixir is also helpful.
- Other regen drinks are also recommended.
- All party members should also bring reraise.
- Someone in the party must have dispel or an alternative form of dispel.
- Someone in the party must have Sleep II.
- barstonra and repose are extremely helpful.
- Split up mistmelts among tank and melee DDs and establish a mistmelt order.
- Enter BCNM, buff up and rest.
- Begin the fight by running in and sleeping Ouryu. The tank and melee DDs should get in position by standing on Ouryu's front feet. Tank provokes/flashes to grab hate. Mages stand off to the side of Ouryu, BUT NOT BEHIND OURYU, to avoid frontal AoE attacks and spike flail.
- Once Ouryu is sleeping, immediately cast dispel on Ouryu to remove his stoneskin.
- Tank and melee engage the moment Ouryu's stoneskin is gone. Mages should cast barstonra on melees and paralyze and silence on Ouryu.
- Ouryu will take off 2 minutes after being hit with the first sleep. Tank and melees should stay in place and immediately use a mistmelt to bring Ouryu down.
- Ouryu lands, fighting continues. Watch for Ouryu to recast dispel after landing. Dispel must always be removed immediately.
- Continue this cycle until Ouryu uses invincible.
- When Ouryu uses invincible, ALL MELEES DISENGAGE. Mage immediately sleeps Ouryu. Take this opportunity to cure melees and rest mp.
- Ouryu will most likely fly the moment he wakes up. Immediately bring him down with a mistmelt. Resume fighting, as his invincible has worn off. Watch for stoneskin recast.
- Continue until Ouryu's health is around 55 percent. At that point, everyone should unleash two-hour abilities (except ninjas). Be ready to use a mistmelt to bring Ouryu down quickly if needed, and watch out for stoneskin recast. The blast of 2-hrs is usually enough to bring Ouryu to 30 percent, when he gives up.
If at any point in the battle things begin to go south, sleep Ouryu and allow mages to rest. Remember that Ouryu usually takes flight after waking up from sleep (because 2 minutes have passed), so have someone ready to use a mistmelt. Ouryu can then be slept again upon landing. This can give your party valuable time to rest mp or unweaken members who had been KO'd. This is where bringing extra mistmelts can be extremely beneficial.
- Chapter 1: Ancient Flames Beckon
- Chapter 2: The Isle of Forgotten Saints
- Chapter 3: A Transient Dream
- Chapter 4: The Cradles of Children Lost
- Chapter 5: The Rutern Home
- Chapter 6: Echoes of Time
- Chapter 7: In the Light of the Crystal
- Chapter 8: Emptiness Bleeds
This page last modified 2015-09-22 02:11:02.