Gedwad has orders to sneak into the Qulun Dome and gather info on the Quadav's defenses. However, he is stuck at the entrance. Your job is to take Gedwad's seeker bats and place them somewhere they can spy on the Adamantking.
- Start the quest by entering Qulun Dome from the H-7 entrance of Beadeaux, which will give you a cut scene with Raptorlegs Gedwad. You will be given a choice to start the quest or not. If you decide to not do the quest, you will not be able to start the quest again until the next Conquest Tally.
- Speak to Peshi Yohnts in the Boneworkers' Guild in Windurst Woods. She will ask for the following:
- After you trade the above items and gil to Peshi Yohnts, you will have to wait until the next in-game day to continue. Zone and talk to Peshi Yohnts again for another cut scene. She will give you a set of Quadav Parts and the recipe for a Quadav Barbut.
- Using the Quadav Parts, craft or have crafted for you a Quadav Barbut. Neither of these items may be sold or bought on the Auction House.
- Go back to Qulun Dome through the same entrance with the Quadav Barbut equipped to start another cut scene in which you will get a Key Item.
- Go to F-8 in Qulun Dome and check the Beastmen's Banner with the Quadav Barbut still equipped. This will spawn the following mobs:
- Diamond Quadav is the main notorious monster. You may sleep the others while you fight him, but they are resistant to sleep.
- After the Diamond Quadav is beaten, check the Beastman's Banner again for another cut scene.
- Trade your Quadav Barbut to the Iron Box for another cut scene and receive Da'Vhu's Barbut in its place.
- Zone in and out of Qulun Dome for one last cut scene that will end the quest.
- You will be rewarded with a Gold Beastcoin
- Peshi Yohnts will sell you additional Quadav Parts for 100,000 gill each.
- The Quadav Barbut requires the following skills to craft:
- Of the following quests, you may only have one active at a time:
This page last modified 2008-10-09 12:01:58.
I finished my Yagudo hat quest and it was marked completed in my log. BUT, it's not really completed till you zone back into 'the zone' again. (the zone being whatever zone the beastmen hat quest you're doing is in.) It is not considered properly over until you've gotten your gold beastcoin.
I finished the hat quest prior to the conquest tally (11am est DST for me) but I didn't get the coin until after that.
Once you have your coin it is either a 24 hr wait OR waiting till midnight JST OR waiting for the next Vana'diel day. (I say OR because I'm not sure, two days had actually passed, but since the game doesn't use a 48 hr clock for anything, I'm willing to bet it was one of thsoe). If someone can confirm one of those, it would be wonderful.
After some time has elapsed you may go and get a different hat quest. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TOSS THE HQ HAT FROM THE FIRST QUEST.
My Son didn't understand this quest and I still have some questions. Let me start at the beginning.
So, he started this quest and then asked me about it (as Turtle Shells cost a lot of gil). After reading the above information, neither of us could determine why one should do the NM fight. After all the item granted is before the NM fight according to the description. We decided there had to be more to this quest than the above description.
This is what I discovered:
1. Enter the Qulun Dome through I-7 in Beadeaux, for a cut-scene with Raptorlegs Gedwad to start the quest. You will be given the option of whether or not to begin the quest; if you choose to not take the quest, you will not be given the chance to start it again, until the Conquest Ranking on Sunday of the following week.
2. Go to Windurst Woods, to the Boneworkers' Guild and talk with Peshi Yohnts, the Bonecraft Guildmaster, for a cut-scene. Peshi Yohnts will need a Bugard Leather, Turtle Shell, and 20,000 gil to help out.
3. Trade the requested items and gil to Peshi Yohnts at the same time. Zone and wait until at least the next day (after 0:00 Vana'diel time) to talk to Peshi Yohnts again for a cut-scene, at which point you will receive a Quadav Parts item, and the recipe of the Quadav Barbut that requires it. (Note: If you wish to receive another Quadav Parts, you can get more from Peshi Yohnts for 300,000 gil each.)
4. The Quadav Parts item is used in a high skill Bonecraft recipe to craft the level 61 headwear Quadav Barbut, which is required for the rest of the quest. Neither the Quadav Barbut nor the Quadav Parts can be sold via the Auction House.
5. Return to the Qulun Dome through I-7 in Beadeaux while wearing the Quadav Barbut, for another cut-scene and to receive a key item.
6. Go to F-8 in Qulun Dome and select the Beastmen's Banner while wearing the barbut. The key item will disappear and 7 angry Quadav Notorious Monsters will arrive!
7. The main Quadav NM that needs to be killed here is the Diamond Quadav; once it is killed, the others will disappear. It may be possible to Sleep/Lullaby the rest of the Quadav and kill the Diamond Quadav, to make the fight easier.
8. Once the Diamond Quadav is defeated, select the Beastmen's Banner again for a cut-scene.
9. Trade the Quadav Barbut to the Beastmen's Banner; there will be another cut-scene and that barbut will be replaced by Da'Vhu's Barbut.
10. Zone out and back into the Monastic Cavern through G-7 in Davoi, for a cut-scene that ends the quest, and a Gold Beastcoin reward.
Now as for the Da'Vhu's Barbut, here are its stats:
Flags: Rare / Exclusive / Not NPC Sellable
Type: Armor: Leather
Armor / Head
Effects for Da'Vhu's Barbut:
* Resist vs. Fire +10
* Resist vs. Ice +10
* Resist vs. Wind +10
* Resist vs. Earth +10
* Resist vs. Lightning -50
* Resist vs. Water +10
* Resist vs. Light +10
* Resist vs. Dark +10
* Enchantment: Calls Da'Vhu
<Max Charges: 30 / Equip Delay: 30s / Reuse Timer: 20h>
What I don't know is this:
Who is or what is Da'Vhu? And how does calling it help you?
Edited, Jan 31st 2007 4:56pm by IBHalliwell
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
â€” James D. Nicoll
Don't forget to have someone sign this. >.>;
Bring a LARGE group of high level players, 70+s maybe, with you. It looks like an alliance of at least two parties is required for the quest.
You go back to the place in Qulun Dome that the quest starts in with the barbut equipped. The orc will tell you to go ahead and put his spybats in the dome and meet him back at the entrance.
Go towards the magecite location and look for a targetable banner outside the area the magecite is in.
When you touch the banner, you'll get a cutscene and then 7 quadavs attack.
Diamond Quadav is a Whm type. Hu'Rhe Marrowgorger is a Drk. So'Hyu Quakemaker is a Blm. No'Bhu Unyielding is likely a Pld. Mu'Zha Infernoblade is a Pld. Ka'Ghi Trovetaker is a non-casting class of some sort and doesn't hit for as much damage as the Drk and Plds. De'Pha Unscarred is also a non-casting class of some sort and also does less damage.
I don't know the approximate level of any, but the two lesser non-casters hit a 73 dragoon for about 68-78 damage and the Paladins hit for 100-150.
Since there's a cutscene and the bat key item involved, you probably have to do it for every person who needs it, not just once.
Have fun ^^
not only am i kinda pissed the a veteran can fail a synth now i got back to get the quad parts remade and the mithra now wants 300,000G to get another set.
Garbage. i hope i can work on another hat if i cant i cry foul
Free account required to postYou must log in or create an account to post messages.