This post has been created as a placeholder for a future sticky to be populated with information on major changes, version update details, etc for people thinking of coming back to get a compiled look at where the game at now. If you would like to help out, feel free to post suggestions for sections or if you want to write a section, post it and I'll review and add if I like it.
- The 9th rank, 'Second Lieutenant' has been added in addition to new assaults and new items that can be bought with this rank.
- Items can now be signed by using a special signature crystal.
- Various pieces of equipment can now be obtained to enhance your craft skill by earning "Guild Points" through certain NPCs.
- Various key items can also be obtained with Guild Points and are required for certain recipes.
- (1) Rise of the Zilart
- (2) Chains of Promathia
- (3) Treasures of Aht Urhgan
- (4) Wings of the Goddess (Winter 07 release)
- Experience rings have been added to the game. These rings have charges and will grant you a percentage bonus on exp earned until it hits the maximum allowed bonus. The rings are rechargable in exchange for conquest points.
- Tree cuttings with no crystals is no longer a 100% success recipe for tree saplings.
- Additional flowerpots available include Arcane Flowerpot and Wooden Flowerpot.
- Max capacity of your Mog House after all quests is 80.
- Max inventory space after all Gobbie Bag quests is 60.
- Furniture pieces placed inside your Mog House will provide storage space inside your Mog House. Storage can only be accessed from your home nation residence. The amount of storage each furniture piece provides depends on the piece.
- Mog Lockers were made available with the expansion Treasures of Aht Urhgan. You start with 30 slots and can increase it to a max capacity of 70 slots. A "lease fee" is required periodically to access the locker. You do not lose your items if the lease expires.
- Special Event NPCs were added to the game to help store certain pieces of special event equipment and furniture.
- Armor Storage NPCs were added and will store armor for you for a fee provided you have the entire set. Only certain armor sets can be stored.
-The expansion "Treasure of Aht Urhgan" introduces Blue Mage, Puppetmaster, and Corsair as three new jobs.
-Group II merit abilities for all existing jobs have been added. These abilities are strictly acquired through the use of merit points and may also be upgraded as such.
-Job Trait "Shield Mastery" has been introduced. This is acquired at lv35. When a PLD blocks an attack, he will gain TP. In addition, the shield block also prevents spell interruption and has a higher block rate.
-Job Trait "Auto-Refresh" has been granted, acquired at lv35.
-The job ability "Sentinel" no longer adds Defense, instead, it's direct damage reduction. It also grants additional enmity from actions taken by the PLD.
-Summoning Magic skill can now raise with blood pacts and not just when they are summoned.
-Blood Pacts are now divided into two categories: offensive (Blood Pact Rage) and defensive (Blood Pact Ward). Both have their own respective recast timers instead of sharing one recast timer.
-Sharpshot eliminates the distance requirement when using a ranged weapon.
-Eagle Eye Shot is no longer affected by distance.
-DRG'S two hour ability is no longer Call Wyvern. That job ability now has a 20 minute recast timer. Their new two hour ability is called Spirit Surge which grants them several bonuses and adds status effects to their jumps.
-The wyvern can now do emotes! ('-')v
-Benediction removes most/all status ailments, ontop of healing a massive amount of hit-points.
-Zanshin is now learned at lv20 instead of lv60.
-The job abilities Seigan (enhances the effect and shortens the recast timer to Third Eye) and Hasso (increased STR, haste, and ACC) has been introduced. They require two handed weapons to function.
-The spells Drain II and Dread Spikes (when you are struck, you drain HP from the attacker) have been introduced.
-The damage values to several daggers passed level 60 have been increased.
- A new animation displays when obtaining merit points.
- The maximum amount of merits able to be placed in the categories 'Combat Skills' and 'Magic Skills' have been increased. Combat skills have increased from 12 to 20; Magic skills have increased from 8 to 16.
- You can now change points earned from defeating enemies to 'experient points' or 'merit points' outside of your mog house.
The following items have been given RA/EX twins:
- A Special Task Force (which everyone likes to refer to as STFU) was formed to help combat bots, hackers, and RMT. Account bannings have been a regular occurance for quite some time now.
- The Goblin Bounty Hunter was added to Valkurm Dunes, Qufim Island, Buburimu Peninsula, and Battalia Downs to combat fishbots.
- There is a 1 million gil (per sender) sending limit in place for the delivery system.
- Cell drop rates have been increased across salvage zones.
- The World Pass system has been eliminated. You can now select any world to join when creating your characters.
Edited, May 21st 2007 11:20pm by Pikko
Edited, May 22nd 2007 6:47pm by Exodus
Edited, Jun 1st 2007 2:05am by Pikko
Edited, Jun 28th 2007 4:49pm by ImperialNinja
Edited, Oct 14th 2008 12:57am by Pikko