1
Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Reply To Thread

Dynamis LS warningFollow

#1 Jul 30 2008 at 5:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*
96 posts
Warning to other Dynamis LS that do runs at around 5PM PST (1:00AM GMT):


There is currently a Dynamis LS that goes by the name of StarsMakers (previously Dynamite), that is refusing to use the dynamis calendar at the SpikeFlail forum.

They have already stolen Jeuno from us on July 30 and attempted to take Bastok from our LS (w00t) on July 2nd

Their leader's name is Lionze and his response to our shell leader was that we didn't have any right to the zone. Our leader (Zanaros) proceeded to explain what the dynamis calendar is and the purpose of why it should be used.

Lionze' response is that he shouldn't have to schedule his runs and he refuses to use it.

Be wary if you have runs around this time, as he may likely steal a zone you'll need or have scheduled.


Edit: They have also taken spots from Worship The Floor as well.


Edited, Jul 30th 2008 9:37pm by Icefloe
#2 Aug 01 2008 at 3:09 PM Rating: Good
damn what a bad attiude that ls leader has.
the system has been around for years (im on seraph and its the same system)
Dynamis is one of those things where everyone honors the code
kind of like pirates! (:
#3 Aug 01 2008 at 7:30 PM Rating: Decent
Drama.

Blame SE for leaving this not fixed for so long.
#4 Aug 10 2008 at 6:33 AM Rating: Good
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,701 posts
It's ok. I'll contact arvy and jaffla. They'll come back and supply multiple timeless hourglasses to you so that you can just cockblock them everytime they try to do a dynamis.
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#5 Aug 10 2008 at 3:27 PM Rating: Decent
**
436 posts
Deadgye wrote:
jaffla


hahahahahaha totally forgot about that gilbuyer.
#6 Sep 12 2008 at 8:50 PM Rating: Default
Yeah, my linkshell currently encountered these jajaLOSERS. They said they only use the calender to see when other linkshells are scheduled for a run so they can be sure to nab the zone ahead of them.

Edited, Sep 29th 2008 1:05am by Bummage
#7 Sep 14 2008 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
*
73 posts
I found this on the Starsmakers forum concerning their reason behind this ._.
also for some lolz, check out their website for yourself
http://www.starsmaker.tk/


because of the troubles we are having with the calendar, today i contacted sallim (the administrator of the calendar site) to ask him to maske public to the rest of LS the following conversation, in order to stop threatening us and talking bad about us, i hope ppl understand....



Hello Sellim, This is Lionze, Leader of Starsmaker Dynamis LS.
I contact you to explain our LS situation.

We are being threatened and insulted by most of the LS´s registered here because we dont follow this calendar.
As the administrator says: the Dynamis Calendar was made for the "sole purpose of communication between linkshells." So if there is one thing you must know, know this: the calendar does not serve as a "booking agent" you generally don't "own the areas" and barking at other people about it never helps. If you see a LS with an area you'd like, contact them and try to negotiate the area. Try to talk to the others and build up a relationship to benefit both linkshells. With that said, look further down if you're new to the calendar and want access to post.

So this is not official and its only a help between comunication.

I would be happy to be able to help the other LS by not crushing our schedules. but this is totally impossible for us because of our time, most of EU the members goes to bed about 5-6AM to go work in a few hours, and cant be done earlier because USA members are still at work/school. so we have THAT exact time to do our runs. and we just cannot change it.
It is true that when I started my LS i didnt hear about this calendar, and I repeat I wish i could use it (No one wishes bad fame or being threatened every day).
I feel really bad when we are on a "booked" area, but right now we are over 76 members and i just cant fail to them. Sometimes being in game is an Agony because of all these players talking bad to me, talking about my ls members and making nasty /tells to insult me. and this is the reason why i contact you.
I wish this conversation to be public for those LS´s that visit your site to "book" an area to know we dont have bad intentions, we only do what we can, when we can and not gonna stop doing our runs, When we have scheduled an specific area and its taken we just go to another and no one arges.
The fault here is SE who should have done something like splitting the entrance in different independant areas just like BCNM, where multiple parties/alliances can do the same, with their own porpouse, or in any case an official Booking system.
We try always to choose an area not taking on your calendar, but we cannot just repeat the same run over and over, now with the reduction of the timeless hourglass a lot of new LS will want to do the same runs at the same times that are already "taken" on your calendar, we are not only 5-6 LS´s doing dynamis, we are a lot more and growing, with all this im not trying to say im sorry, im trying ppl to understand, that its not a matter of courtesy, its a matter of real life time and reality, we are too many LS´s and 24 hours a day.
#8 Sep 14 2008 at 11:27 AM Rating: Default
Sequ wrote:
Blame SE for leaving this not fixed for so long.


FYI Sequ, this post isn't directed at you. I'm just quoting you because you agreed.

That's exactly the point. I'm a part of that LS. While I'm not the leader, I am a sack. And let me be the first to tell you, not everyone of us that play are 10 years old living in mommy's house. Some of us have jobs and are friends in different time zones that still want to play together and there's only so few hours in the day we can all be awake to do so and still keep our jobs.

The fact of the matter is the system is broken, and let me give you a perfect example. I am a programmer/web developer by trade. And pretty darn good one to boot. Lets say I made a new dyna calendar website for Rag and some people started using it but not all (refuse to change because they're used to whatever they're used to). So now we have a split, who's to say who's right with their scheduling? Neither of us are sanctioned by SE. So, just because some guy made one for his LS first (he wasn't the very first btw), we're supposed to follow that? Never mind what our jobs IRL make us do, or the fact not everyone agrees John Doe reserves more right to say who does what than we do just because he put up a website.

Now, that being said, I do see the need for some type of scheduling or instancing (like WoW does). If I were the leader I would try my best to follow *a* calendar, but I completely understand why someone would choose not to. The system is broken. If you want to blame someone, blame SE.

He found the best way is to treat it like a camp. If one is taken move on. No need for scheduling something someone reserved and you don't have to lose as much sleep before work the next day because someone wants to use the same zone 1.5 hours after you on the same day. It IS a game after all.

Lets not even talk about JP conflicts.

So you if guys want this fixed permanently, I strongly suggest people get together and pester SE. It's the only way they'll take action to make a system that will allow us to keep our jobs and play.

Also, I will mention some members in the Onigiri LS are complete buttholes (like Erikthecleric). I mention here because they use this reasoning of the calendar as justification to be morons. To wrongs don't make a right fellas, and you're no better than the people you claim to not like (us). For the rest of the world, they like to MPK and lag out NMs other people are fighting.
#9 Sep 14 2008 at 11:35 AM Rating: Decent
Tokyorose wrote:
I found this on the Starsmakers forum concerning their reason behind this ._.
also for some lolz, check out their website for yourself
http://www.starsmaker.tk/


Have you ever created a dyna LS with friends from all over the world? If not I suggest you have no reason to "lolz".
#10 Sep 14 2008 at 12:11 PM Rating: Excellent
*
96 posts
I don't think it's fair to single out the members directly. The members themselves aren't the problem. The scheduling is the problem. My frustration comes from being ready for a specific zone and when I and other members get there, we all have to readjust and move.

Communication between different languages may be the barrier, and time definitely is the barrier, but if there are any lines of communication established, then we should use those to at least determine a compromise. At least if a dialog has been established, there can be no surprises if something ends up taken. The adjustments to runs can be established between leaders of specific linkshells.

I think the frustrating part is just not knowing and then you're caught in the heat of the moment of being mad at the other group. It's more of the inconvenience than anything. Sure we'll find another zone, but man I'd be sour if I was ready to sponsor a specific run, and then I couldn't and I get stuck sponsoring a zone that I don't need or don't want.

Don't blame the individuals, they didn't do anything. I just want a heads up more than anything.

Btw. I have been in LS's where the majority of the playerbase was Spanish speaking and even some German and Japanese. But that was a loooong time ago.
#11 Sep 14 2008 at 12:27 PM Rating: Decent
Bummage wrote:
Yeah, my linkshell currently encountered these jajaLOSERS. They said they only use the calender to see when other linkshells are scheduled for a run so they can be sure to nab the zone ahead of them. I found a list of their members, avoid them at all costs:


Since I'm a sack on that LS I can tell you that's a lie. We don't use that calendar to specifically **** people off. I suggest you go back to your little closet now.
#12 Sep 14 2008 at 9:32 PM Rating: Good
Jereth wrote:
That's exactly the point. I'm a part of that LS. While I'm not the leader, I am a sack. And let me be the first to tell you, not everyone of us that play are 10 years old living in mommy's house.


Then stop acting like it. Whether you are 10 or 40 is completely irrelevant. Insulting other people and claiming they are 10 years old, or living in a closet, shows a lack of maturity that you deem so important.

That dynamis calender exists for the purpose of preventing conflicts between shells. Until SE decides to fix this issue, that calender is the best means we have to coordinate ourselves. A coordination that shows maturity, teamwork between players, and respect. Three key ingredients that the members of Starsmaker apparently lack. So don't even try to switch blame over to SE for your putrid behavior. Yes, the real immaturity being shown here is by the Starsmaker linkshell. The very fact that you refuse to cooperate with other members of the ragnarok community shows just how selfish, disrespectful, and immature you really are.

And yes, each and every member of StarsMaker are to be held fully accountable for their participation in that shell. They're not stupid, they know what the leaders are choosing to do and they have chosen to accept and participate in that behavior. All of you must think you're real clever, arranging runs ahead of other linkshells scheduled times, but the fact is your pissing a lot of people off. Maybe it doesn't matter to you now, but it will affect your reputation in the game. When the time comes to be invited to a merit/exp party, or join in an endgame LS, or an assault set, or Salvage set, or any other activity that requires a team effort...all of the members will be ASSed out. People remember this kind of crap, so the leaders of that linkshell are not only doing a great disservice to the ragnarok community, but to the members of the StarsMaker linkshell as well.

Edited, Sep 15th 2008 1:29am by Bummage
#13 Sep 15 2008 at 8:35 AM Rating: Good
*
73 posts
Quote:

That dynamis calender exists for the purpose of preventing conflicts between shells. Until SE decides to fix this issue, that calender is the best means we have to coordinate ourselves. A coordination that shows maturity, teamwork between players, and respect. Three key ingredients that the members of Starsmaker apparently lack. So don't even try to switch blame over to SE for your putrid behavior. Yes, the real immaturity being shown here is by the Starsmaker linkshell. The very fact that you refuse to cooperate with other members of the ragnarok community shows just how selfish, disrespectful, and immature you really are.


I think you've put what everyone here is trying to say very eloquently. Thank you. I'm sure if i would try to say it, I'd end up doing it rudely and rough. I had found a few of my friends who were in Dynamite(Lionze's previous dynamis shell, he had broken pearls several times) who honestly didn't know that the leaders refused to use the calendar. Needless to say, when they found out, I quickly convinced them to get out and join my own dynamis shell. So honestly, I can't blame everyone on it. But by now, I'm sure most members in the shell already know what is going on, due to them addressing this issue within their own website forum.

The frustration came not only from them not using the forums, but the fact that the first time a conflict happened, when we were trying to be informative and let them know about the calendar (assuming ignorance over rudeness), we basically got cursed at and told to ***** off. I've heard the same thing was told to WorshipTheFloor.

After talking to them again yesterday, they gave excuses such as "we are stuck with the same runs over and over again due to people claiming runs on the calendar". If they don't want to have to do the same runs over again. RESERVE SPOTS IN ADVANCED LIKE OTHER PEOPLE. most linkshells reserve their spots about a month before hand. The only advice i can give them, before things get really out of hand, is to just stop making excuses and join the calendar, before your linkshell's reputation really gets anymore soured.
#14 Sep 15 2008 at 8:53 AM Rating: Default
oh, you made a nice list of us.. congratulations.. seems that you have a lot of time free to lose.
As your list said, i am a member of starmakers LS, and unfortunately i don't have time free to lose doing stupid lists, maybe because i have a real life, and i have to go to work and to spend time with my friends and my wife.

Before i joined to Starmakers LS, i was looking for long time for a dynamis LS, one of the places where i looked for LS was the dynamis calendar, and i didn't find nothing inside of my time to play.

So, if there isn't a LS for me on that calendar, i can't do dynamis?
let me said to you that i am paying all months to play this game, like you, and i have the same rights to do dynamis, like you.

then,
instead of come here to blame us, you can spend your time on send suggestions to SE.
instead of make a post to blame a LS, you can make a post to encourage people to send suggestions to SE.

This isn't fault of anyone, the fault is from SE, and all of us we have to speak with them.

If you want to be famous, you have to go to sing and dance on whitegate but you don't have to come here to destroy people reputation. You are destroying the server at same time.

You can believe that you want, but that is the true thing here.
All of us(this include you) are paying every month and all of us have rights to do that we want, and if isn't possible, SE have to make it possible becuase all of us are their clients.
#15 Sep 15 2008 at 9:03 AM Rating: Good
**
383 posts
No time frame to go to Dynamis?!?! GASP!! If that's the case, you don't go to Dynamis. I fixed the problem for you. What did I win?
____________________________
This is my sig; Enjoy.
FFXIV: Tom Carroll - Excalibur
FC: Sitzkireg (www.sitzkrieg.guildwork.com)
#16 Sep 15 2008 at 9:09 AM Rating: Excellent
*
73 posts
Quote:
then,
instead of come here to blame us, you can spend your time on send suggestions to SE.
instead of make a post to blame a LS, you can make a post to encourage people to send suggestions to SE.


So the 6 years ffxi has been out,and dynamis maybe 4 years do you really think people haven't been complaining to SE about this? Are we just supposed to sit like cavemen until SE decides to fix things for us? We are trying to fix things for ourselves as much as we are capable of, until SE decides to change things. So yeah, SE is to blame, but you are just contributing to the problem.

This blame SE not us excuse is the only excuse your linkshell has made as to not joining a calendar, which in turn would be a simple solution to your problem in having to do the same zone over and over, and our problem with having to deal with you.

Edited, Sep 15th 2008 1:50pm by Tokyorose
#17REDACTED, Posted: Sep 15 2008 at 10:00 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) And who are you to said me that i can't go to dynamis?
#18 Sep 15 2008 at 10:09 AM Rating: Good
**
383 posts
It's easy. No time to do something? You don't do it. Simple Fact of life. If you don't have money, you don't have kids, right? Apply that logic to this situation.
____________________________
This is my sig; Enjoy.
FFXIV: Tom Carroll - Excalibur
FC: Sitzkireg (www.sitzkrieg.guildwork.com)
#19 Sep 15 2008 at 10:38 AM Rating: Good
**
436 posts
TurboTom wrote:
It's easy. No time to do something? You don't do it. Simple Fact of life. If you don't have money, you rob a bank and steal other peoples' money, right? Apply that logic to this situation.


i think this works better in showing how much of an ******* this linkshell looks like by ganking dynamis zones from other people that reserved a zone.
#20 Sep 15 2008 at 10:50 AM Rating: Good
27 posts
Quote:

i think this works better in showing how much of an @#%^ this linkshell looks like by ganking dynamis zones from other people that reserved a zone.


Stole the words right out of my mouth. This guy a moron and should be treated as such.
#21 Sep 15 2008 at 10:51 AM Rating: Excellent
*
73 posts
Quote:
It's easy. No time to do something? You don't do it. Simple Fact of life. If you don't have money, you rob a bank and steal other peoples' money, right? Apply that logic to this situation.


i think this works better in showing how much of an @#%^ this linkshell looks like by ganking dynamis zones from other people that reserved a zone.

yeah but stealing money is illegal, unlike dynamis, I'd say its more along the lines of you see someone drop money without them noticing, and then you take it..... or something..
#22 Sep 15 2008 at 1:29 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
oh, you made a nice list of us.. congratulations.. seems that you have a lot of time free to lose.


Actually, the assumption that it took an exceptional length of time shows how mentally challenged you are. Perhaps it would have taken someone of your capacity quite a while, but it took me less than a few minutes.

Quote:
As your list said, i am a member of starmakers LS, and unfortunately i don't have time free to lose doing stupid lists, maybe because i have a real life, and i have to go to work and to spend time with my friends and my wife.


Oh yeah, because someone lists out a bunch of retarded losers means that they don't have a life? You really are a *special* snowflake, aren't you?

Quote:
Before i joined to Starmakers LS, i was looking for long time for a dynamis LS, one of the places where i looked for LS was the dynamis calendar, and i didn't find nothing inside of my time to play.


That's a big pile of horsepuckey. You schedule your hijacking dynamis runs at the same time as two other linkshells: WTF & Onigiri. So don't start any crybaby-*** BS about how poor little you couldn't find a shell to run with.

Quote:
So, if there isn't a LS for me on that calendar, i can't do dynamis?
let me said to you that i am paying all months to play this game, like you, and i have the same rights to do dynamis, like you.


Listen victim boy, no one has said you can't do dynamis and no one is trying to take away your oh-so threatened rights. What people have asked you to do is to show some community teamwork by respecting other members of Ragnarok.

Quote:
then,
instead of come here to blame us, you can spend your time on send suggestions to SE.
instead of make a post to blame a LS, you can make a post to encourage people to send suggestions to SE.

This isn't fault of anyone, the fault is from SE, and all of us we have to speak with them.


Lame. Just lame.

STOP averting attention away from your behaviors by bringing SE into this. YES, they need to change dynamis. YES people ***** and complain at them to do so. That does not excuse your attitude or behavior with regards to the other members of the Ragnarok community. Until SE finds it within their means to change the dynamis situation, the community of Ragnarok has joined together to create that calender as a means to circumvent SE's shortcomings.

Quote:
then,
If you want to be famous, you have to go to sing and dance on whitegate but you don't have to come here to destroy people reputation. You are destroying the server at same time.


Not looking for fame at all, and the only ones *gasp* destroying reputations are the StarsMaker linkshell members themselves. And no, the server is in no danger of *gasp again* destruction.

Quote:
You can believe that you want, but that is the true thing here.
All of us(this include you) are paying every month and all of us have rights to do that we want, and if isn't possible, SE have to make it possible becuase all of us are their clients.


You're right. We all pay monthly to play the game and all have the right to play it however we see fit. People can be a-holes, or they can be respectful. The decision is up to the individual (or group) of which they choose. BUT...everyone is held accountable for their actions. And the repercussions of those actions can be very swift and very damaging if you're not careful. :)
#23 Sep 15 2008 at 1:42 PM Rating: Decent
lol, Lionze is popular with the boyz, even with that mouth...

Lionze
#24 Sep 15 2008 at 2:01 PM Rating: Good
*
73 posts
Quote:


That's a big pile of horsepuckey. You schedule your hijacking dynamis runs at the same time as two other linkshells: WTF & Onigiri. So don't start any crybaby-*** BS about how poor little you couldn't find a shell to run with.


It's also during the same time as Woot on wednesdays, but I'm sure he's just trying to find as many excuses as possible., of course none of those seem to have any merit to them.

Edited, Sep 15th 2008 5:56pm by Tokyorose
#25 Sep 15 2008 at 3:19 PM Rating: Decent
20 posts
Hello! My name is Kysah and I'm a member of the dynamis shell Starsmaker. I am a sack in this ls and help plan the runs, points as well as other odds and ends.

Allow me to start off with that I am not here to slander or argue with anyone. There's no need and there is plenty of anger in this thread as it is. I am also not here to defend Starsmaker in the decision to not use the calendar. I just would like to say my piece if I may in hopes for better communication for all and less misunderstanding.

I have been playing the game for over two years now and have decided its time to get into dynamis. I already have alot accomplished in this game. To my dismay tho when I was out looking for a dynamis linkshell I was turned down often. Not because I have experiance, not because I'm a bad player. The reason was I had none of the cities cleared. This was not just one shell, this was most ones I asked or applied to that was in the time frame I had available. Yes I was very discouraged. How was I supposed to join a dyna shell with all these requirements if I could not get a city cleared? I understand that clearing a city is a hassle, especailly for the linkshells that have been around for ages. I understand. Requirements are needed for every linkshell. So when I saw Lionze's shell pop up needing people and willing to get clears I was estatic. Finally something I can work with. At the time; no, I didn't know about the calendar thing. I recruited all my friends to this shell because they had the same dilema. Quickly I became a sack. I have a nack for organizing, keeping track of points and leading people that need help. I get things done.

Now there is a whirlwind of rumors flying around and slander to my friends and other linkshell members. That's when I found out about the calendar. I have been in discussion with Lionze to try to get him to at least start posting in the calendar to help reserve runs. I do not want to step on peoples toes. He brought up a vaild point tho. If we started now how do we know that the other linkshells won't purposely try to block us from every run we have available to do that day? There is fear now with so much hate (On both sides) that this may not work. As I stated before I am not here to defend Starsmaker. I am not here to slander anyone. I'm not here to make excuses. I remain with Starsmaker for the fact that these people are decent people. All of them work hard for the same goal. These players came to this linkshell for the same reason I did. All I want for us now is a solution.

If any of the dynamis linkshell leads wish to speak with me I am willing to listen and discuss a solution. I want an open and understanding communication between us all. No hate, no slander from anyone. I will do what I can to help reach this goal. I hope that is what everyone wants. A way to communicate about runs without taking other peoples slots.

Please take what I've had to say into consideration. I would like everyone from other linkshells as well as my own to please stop the anger and spite. It will get us no where. Thank you for your time! Let us all work together!
#26 Sep 15 2008 at 3:37 PM Rating: Default
Bummage wrote:
Then stop acting like it. Whether you are 10 or 40 is completely irrelevant. Insulting other people and claiming they are 10 years old, or living in a closet, shows a lack of maturity that you deem so important.


On the contrary, I am allowed to get defensive within the realm of maturity. And if not quit as mature as in caliber in which you would define it, it's a safe bet I'm further along the most in this thread who relish in the drama.

Bummage wrote:
That dynamis calender exists for the purpose of preventing conflicts between shells. Until SE decides to fix this issue, that calender is the best means we have to coordinate ourselves. A coordination that shows maturity, teamwork between players, and respect. Three key ingredients that the members of Starsmaker apparently lack. So don't even try to switch blame over to SE for your putrid behavior. Yes, the real immaturity being shown here is by the Starsmaker linkshell. The very fact that you refuse to cooperate with other members of the ragnarok community shows just how selfish, disrespectful, and immature you really are.


I'm fully aware of why the calendar exists. What you do not seem to grasp is nobody has the authority to claim their calender their own. We do not refuse to cooperate totally, so I suggest you keep your assumptions in check. I do however notice a fundamental flaw in the user-sanctioned system that you act as if its the holy grail, and some of us have to also work for a living where as we cannot just simply chose off-peak hours because someone LS decided to post on someone's site somewhere on the Internet.

I have an idea, why don't we use dynamiscalendar.com and then say you're immature for being on the wrong site.

Also your insults of my maturity proves you're a hypocrite. So, well payed... not.

It's not a question of disrepect, I've spoken with Icefloe (the OP) and he's a nice guy. I would help he felt the same of me. It's a matter of the system being broken, period.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)