Inc Patch and Server Mergers
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 10:00 AM PT* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 24 hours.
This additional downtime will combine both the downtime needed for the live patch and server merges.
Patch notes for this update will be found in the Game Update Notes section of the forums once they are available.
May 20, 2020
*** Highlights ***
- Consolidated fire, poison, and disease-based Necromancer Damage Over Time spells. See the Spells section below for details.
- Look to the Marketplace this month for the Human Heritage Crate.
- Made multiple changes to mercenaries. See the Mercenaries section for details.
*** Items ***
- Corrected an issue that prevented weapon ornaments that are intended to fit into 1-handed blunt and hand-to-hand weapons from fitting into hand-to-hand weapons.
- Look to the Marketplace this month for the Human Heritage Crate. Each crate contains a random item. Trade these Human Heritage items to your friends or collect them all yourself!
- Updated the spells on Godshard and Velium Enhanced Athame to the proper rank.
- You can again see the achievements for Thaell Ew Hero's Forge armor sets.
*** Tradeskills ***
- Fixed an issue where Ability: Enchant Celestial Platinum (x10) and Ability: Enchant Refined Velium (x10) allowed players to click the items before the appropriate expansion was unlocked.
- Removed the tradeskill flag from Shattered Crystal, Emerald Colored Mephit Scales, Fiery Granite, Solidified Magma, Tormentor's Hoof, Alabaster Beak, Ivory Stormrider Canine, Stormwatchers Stone, Putrid Ooze, Large Shard of Stone, Foul Smelling Liquid, Enforcer Stone, Grallok Quartz, and Living Coal.
- Added the Planing Tool to the failure returns for Alliance Longbow.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Dynamic zone lockouts should no longer double if you're offline when the lockout is given.
- The banshee essences needed for Deafening Quietus will no longer drop from Orfur, Priest of Zek in the Great Divide (ToV).
- Seeking the Sorcerer (Mission) - Fixed an issue that would cause Bled Enraged to remain up if the event reset.
- Several missions will now allow placement of and teleportation to campfires that did not before. There should be very few that do not.
- Basepop in the Torment of Velious raid instances will now summon.
- The Handmaiden - Fixed an issue that could cause the fanatics to fail to defend the statue.
- Beyond the Barrier and Exploring Crystallos - Made the following changes to these linked quests:
- - Completing Exploring Crystallos and then dropping Beyond the Barrier will no longer prevent the completion of Beyond the Barrier.
- - If you are on the step to Explore Crystallos, hailing Laiyken should now always give you the Exploring Crystallos task and/or the Master Crystal Base, if you do not have them.
- - It is no longer necessary to hail Laiyken twice, once to update the task and again to receive items and the sub-task. One hail should suffice.
- - If you hail Laiyken but are missing necessary items, he will now tell you what you are missing.
- When leaving the Seeking the Sorcerer and Restless Assault instances, characters will exit near where they entered.
- Raid bosses in the Secrets of Faydwer can no longer be affected by knock back effects.
- Added a Fragment of Legendary Alaran History as a reward for some Shard's Landing and Heart of Fear quests and missions.
- Plane of Hate and Plane of Fear Revisited - NPC stats at max level should closely match their values when this content originally released.
- Heart of Frozen Shadow - Made the following changes to this raid:
- - Removed the per-type kill limitation. Now killing a restless ice NPC will always reduce the Heart of Frozen Shadow's health.
- - Killing a restless ice drolvarg will deal 3% damage to the Heart of Frozen Shadow's health, up from 2%.
- - Reduced the health of the restless ice skeletons and restless ice drolvargs. Increased the health of the restless ice specters.
- - Reduced the melee damage done by the non-restless ice skeletons and non-restless ice drolvargs.
- - Drolvargs and skeletons are rogues instead of warriors now and therefore will no longer shield each other.
- - Non-restless ice drolvargs and non-restless ice skeletons will no longer take damage from damage shields.
- - Non-restless NPCs will now depop much more quickly. Note that the drolvargs and skeletons must be aggro to have a chance to depop.
- - Initial spawns are guaranteed not to be in the same room. Further spawns will rotate between different types of NPCs and on alternating east and west sides of the floor.
- - Drolvargs and skeletons will no longer spawn two at a time.
- - The check to see if more NPCs should spawn will occur more frequently.
- - It's no longer possible for two drolvargs / skeletons to spawn on the same spot.
- - It's more likely that spawned specters will be restless.
*** Spells ***
- Fixed an issue where auras would override mount spells when zoning.
- Altered Whispering Midnight Protecting Magic, Blazing Euphoria Protecting Magic, Whispering Midnight Protecting Fire, Blazing Euphoria Protecting Fire, Rallos Zek Acolyte's Protecting Ice, and Rallos Zek Devotee's Protecting Ice so they no longer block lifetap spells.
- Necromancer - The Dread Pyre line of spells no longer stacks with itself. Increased the mana cost and damage dealt.
- Necromancer - Pyre of Mori and later Damage over Time spells in that line will no longer stack with themselves. Increased the mana cost and damage dealt by those spells.
- Necromancer - The Tenak's Flashblaze line of spells now deals the same amount of damage as the Pyre of Mori spells of the same level, with the same mana efficiency. This line can no longer stack with itself or with the Pyre of Mori line. This line no longer deals different damage to different targets. Increased the resist modifier so that this line now lands more reliably. Removed the recast timer on the spell line.
- Necromancer - Searing Shadow and later spells in its line no longer stack with each other. Increased the damage dealt and the mana cost. All ranks of this spell line now add a specific damage amount to incoming lifetap spells rather than a percentage.
- Necromancer - The Pallid Haze line of Damage Over Time spells no longer stacks with itself, starting with Chaos Venom at level 70. Increased damage, mana costs, and resist modifiers for these spells.
- Necromancer - The Corath Venom line of Damage Over Time spells no longer stacks with itself. Increased damage and mana costs as a result.
- Necromancer - The Swift Venom line of Damage Over Time spells no longer stacks with itself or with the Corath Venom line of spells. It now deals the same amount of damage every tick that the equivalent Corath Venom spell would do. It no longer deals different amounts of damage to raid targets. Increased the resist modifier to make the line land more reliably. Removed the recast timer from this spell line.
- Necromancer - The Eranon's Decay line of spells no longer scales with your level and instead reaches full potency the first level they are available. Reduced the duration by two ticks. Increased the damage and mana cost but removed the ability for the spell line to stack with itself.
- Necromancer - The Swift Sickness line of spells now deals the same amount of damage per tick as the Eranon's Decay spell of the same level range, with the same mana efficiency. Increased the resist modifiers so spells will now land more reliably. The spell line will no longer deal different damage to different targets. The spell line will no longer stack with itself and will be overwritten by the equivalent Eranon's Decay spell. Removed the recast time from this spell line.
- Necromancer - The Grip of Mori line of spells will no longer stack with itself above level 67. Damage and mana cost have been increased.
- Necromancer - Changed Ilsaria's Swift Decay and Mourgis' Swift Decay so that they now trigger spells from the Grip line in addition to the Decay line. Changed the names to Livianus' Grip of Decay and Mourgis' Grip of Decay.
- Changed the weight reduction property of Minandra's Scent Marker spell to no longer reduce your weight. You actually did gain weight but we were too nice to tell you. This was wrong and we will be more honest with you in the future.
*** AA ***
- Berserker, Monk, Paladin - Corrected an issue with Agony of Absolution, Blessing of Purification, and Purification that prevented them from curing the correct number of debuffs.
*** NPCs ***
- Altered the following Torment of Velious NPC abilities:
- - Foot Stomp - Lowered damage from 155k to 105k.
- - Leap - Lowered damage from 125k to 95k.
- - Pounce - Lowered damage from 155k to 115k and removed the stun.
- - Knee Crack - Lowered damage from 115k to 90k.
- - Ragged Swipe - Lowered damage from 95k per tick to 75k per tick.
- - Ragged Slash - Lowered damage from 155k per tick to 95k per tick and removed the snare.
- - Creeping Pus - Removed the snare.
- - Crawling Pus - Lowered damage from 115k per tick to 95k per tick and removed the snare.
- - Foot Stomp - Lowered the damage from 125k per tick to 105k per tick and removed the snare.
- - Gore - Lowered the damage from 125k per tick to 105k per tick and removed the gravitate.
- - Spider's Bite - Lowered the damage from 145k hit points per tick to 105k hit points per tick and lowered the 1,515 mana damage per tick to 1,015 per tick.
- - Restless Ice Infection - Lowered damage from 71k per tick to 51k per tick.
*** Mercenaries ***
- Significantly increased the damage of level 111+ Tank mercenaries. This will have the side effect of increasing their aggro.
- Altered the Melee DPS mercenary as follows:
- - Decreased the melee damage from level 111 to 115.
- - Added a new higher effectiveness de-aggro spell at level 106 and 113.
- - Added a new higher damage poison proc at level 114.
- Improved the spell selection for healer mercenaries at high levels.
*** Collections ***
- The Messy Miners Collection items can again be found as ground spawns in the Ry'Gorr Mines.
*** Overseer ***
- A new Recruitment quest is now delivered to the offered quest list every rotation.
- Uncommon and Rare Iconic Recruitment quests have had their duration reduced from 48 hours to 24 and 36 hours, respectively.
- Iconic Recruitment quests now have higher-level versions, which grant more agents than their lower-level equivalents.
- Common Non-Iconic Recruitment quests now have level 2-5 versions, which grant more agents than their level 1 equivalents.
- Recruitment Quest Party slots no longer require specific agent rarities, meaning any agent with the correct Job at the correct rank or better can contribute to the quest's success chance.
- - Common Non-Iconic Recruitment quests now require only 12 hours to complete, instead of 24 or 48 hours.
- - Common Non-Iconic Recruitment quests have updated start and completion descriptions.
- Rare and Elite Recovery quests are now available at level 1 in the Recovery category and require fewer agents and lower job ranks.
- - Recovery Quest Party slots no longer require specific agent rarities, meaning any agent with the correct Job at the correct rank or better can contribute to the quest's success chance.
- - Recovery quests have updated quest text.
- Added a cap on quest completions per rotation. You may now complete up to 10 quests every 12 hours. This does not include Conversion quests.
- To make Non-Iconic Agents more viable at higher quest levels, their Job Ranks have been increased by 1.
- - Increased the Job Ranks of Common Agents from 1 to 2.
- - Increased the Job Ranks of Uncommon Non-Iconic Agents from 2 to 3.
- Fixed the success chance display to be consistent between offered quests and active quests.
- Improved the usability of the Available Agents section of the Offered Quests tab on smaller window resolutions.
- Fixed active quests to be consistent when switching zones or logging in to a different character.
- Changed the highlight text color on the lists of quests and agents so that there isn't yellow text on a yellow background.
- Added chat messages when a quest is started (including the agents assigned to it), completed, or abandoned.
- The Chapterhouse of the Fallen Collection Item now includes Ankle Bone in the Dem Bones set.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Fixed an issue that caused the script that multiplies raid currency and key rewards to reward less than was intended.
- Updated Mount Buff Azia so that characters can receive it once Lost Dungeons of Norrath has unlocked. Similarly, updated Mount Buff Beza so that characters can receive it once Secrets of Faydwer has unlocked.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Fixed an issue where members of fellowships could not see items in the Real Estate Plot Item Window when marked as members of the Owner's Club.
- Added the /usurp command. This command allows a senior officer to take leadership of their guild if the guild does not currently have a guild leader, or if the guild leader has been offline for more than a year.
- Corrected an issue where corpses would expire after 3 hours even if the owner's account was offline.
- LaunchPad will now automatically run if you failed to login to a server due to your client being out of date.
- When a guild leader deletes their character, the next highest rank, most recently online player will be automatically promoted to be the new leader.
- Sealed a hole in the world in Argin-Hiz.
*** UI ***
- The search in the Marketplace window will now also search through the description of items instead of just the names.
- Fixed an issue where calling /loadskin would reset the data in your Overseer window until you camped.
- Changed -
- The EverQuest Team