Game Update 10-26-2022
October 26, 2022
*** Highlights ***
- New Overseer agents, quests, and achievements for Nights of the Dead have been added. See the Overseer section below for more details.
- Look to the Marketplace this month for the Erudite Heritage Crate. Each crate contains a random item. Trade these Erudite Heritage items to your friends or collect them all yourself!
- Continued reducing the amount of zone lag caused by spell casts and procs.
*** Tradeskills ***
- Crafting Planes of Power Timeless and Ornate armors no longer grants a small amount of experience.
- Failing to bake a Loaf of Bread no longer has a small chance to result in a Burnt Loaf of Bread. However, Burnt Loaf of Bread can now be crafted by placing a Loaf of Bread in an oven, no Bread Tin required.
- Recipes that consume a Flawless Conflagrant Diamond and whose failure had a small chance to result in a Crushed Conflagrant Diamond will now instead always return the Flawless Conflagrant Diamond.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Primal Vampire, Close the Gate, and Oubliette of Light (Raids) - Corrected an error that didn't award completion credit for beating these events.
*** Spells ***
- Bard - Removed the hidden requirement on the following 7 songs that prevented their use unless a matching instrument was equipped: Shauri's Sonorous Clouding, Cantata of Soothing, Melody of Ervaj, Occlusion of Sound, Composition of Ervaj, Harmony of Sound, and Harmony of Tone.
- Corrected a misspelled word in the description for Yeti Chill.
*** AA ***
- Attempting to trigger multiple AAs with cast times should no longer give a timer for the ones that don't cast.
- Necromancer - Reluctant Benevolence - Fixed an issue with the Disabled description.
- Monk - Technique of Master Wu - Ranks 36 and 37: Increased the percentage chance to hit for the first non-guaranteed strikes to be a 5% increase per rank.
*** Mercenaries ***
- Fixed a bug where, after server transfer or test copy, characters with open mercenary slots were unable to hire new ones.
*** Overseer ***
- Several new event agents specific to the Nights of the Dead event have been added to Overseer.
- A new line of event quests, available at all Overseer levels, are also available for a limited time during Nights of the Dead (and for an extra 2 weeks after Nights of the Dead ends!).
- New achievements, found in the Overseer >> Holiday category, have also been added for completing each of the new Nights of the Dead event quests.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Bards can now begin improving all instrument skills starting at level 1.
- Logging into a pickzone from character select will now prioritize returning you to the same pick you camped out from.
- Made a speculative fix to a problem when reconnecting after going link dead:
- - Logging into the same world after disconnecting from a zone and landing at the server selection screen, rather than the character selection screen, will now automatically kick the link dead PC rather than prompting you to do so.
- NPCs can now respond to /emote messages in the same manner they do /say messages.
- Armor can now be dyed with red, green, and blue values below 25.
*** UI ***
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when upgrading a Heroic Character with a custom UI.
- Fixed a bug where experience gained percentages displayed were inaccurate while in a party with players of different levels.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when using a custom Extended Target Window.
- Rewards that grant currency will now display the name and quantity being granted in a chat message.
- When merging two groups, the leader of the joining group's Advanced Loot Window will now flash if there is at least one item in the loot list. The confirmation popup will no longer appear if the list is empty.
- The EverQuest Team