At the following time, we performed a PlayOnline Viewer version update. *The client update will start automatically after connecting to PlayOnline. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
[Date & Time]
Apr. 19, 2005 from 0:00 (PDT)
[Important Update Details]
- Friends on "My Friend List" are now shown as being online only when both parties are using the same handles they used for friend registration. *This is basically the same environment as the "Friends Only" privacy setting before March 2005.
- A function has been added to the Handle List where unlinked Content IDs can be linked when launching the game from the PlayOnline Viewer.
To elaborate, when there is only one handle registered, all Content IDs will automatically be linked to that handle. If there are multiple handles registered, the PlayOnline Viewer Handle List screen will be displayed.
- Fixed an issue where chat functions became unavailable when the user moved to a version update screen during a group chat, then cancelled the version update.
- Added a process that checks whether the installed software is a beta version or an official version upon launch of contents.
- Fixed some other minor issues.
The PlayOnline version update will modify the "pol.exe" file. Certain security/antivirus software may issue a warning, but this is a normal part of the version update process. (Windows version only.)