- The first event for Conflict, "Ballista," has been introduced.
- As of this update, Ballista will be run as several stand-alone events.
- It is scheduled to become a permanent feature at a later date.
- New quests and battles designed for alliances have been added.
- New quests are available in most nations.
- Guild quests that call for the manufacture of certain items have been implemented.
- New NPCs have appeared in each guild to offer the quest to characters who have the required rank and skill level in the appropriate craft.
- Players will now be able to participate in an event called "Garrison" at several of the outposts.
- A specific item must be traded to the guard in order to begin the event, and then a level restriction will be imposed depending on the location of the outpost.
- A new low-level quest to obtain the pact for summoning avatars has been implemented.
- The amount of gil required to change titles has been reduced.
The rewards for the following quests have been adjusted:
- Unexpected Treasure (San d'Oria)
- Lufet's Lake Salt (San d'Oria)
- A Test of True Love (Bastok)
- Nothing Matters (Windurst)
- To Bee or not to Bee? (Windurst)
- New Dynamis field areas have become accessible.
- Certain conditions must be fulfilled in order to reserve and enter the two new areas.
- Additional monsters have been placed in the four existing areas of Dynamis.
- Characteristics such as names and behavior have also been changed for some of the monsters in these areas.
- Two new orb battles have been introduced.
- The level restrictions for the orbs are 20 and 30 respectively, with the number of characters able to enter the battlefield limited to three for both orbs.
- Cloudy Orb (Level Restriction: 20) Obtained by trading 20 beastmen's seals
- Sky Orb (Level Restriction: 30) Obtained by trading 30 beastmen's seals
- The moon orb (obtained by trading 60 beastmen's seals) can now be used at the Qu'Bia Arena shimmering circle.
- An issue concerning the accumulation of TP with weapon skills that consist of multiple strikes (i.e. Combo, Penta Thrust, etc.) has been corrected.
- TP will be accumulated as usual for that weapon type on the first strike (first two strikes for hand-to-hand attacks or when wielding two weapons), with each subsequent strike accumulating 1 TP.
- Accordingly, enemies who are the targets of multiple-strike weapon skills will only gain TP from the first strike (first two strikes for hand-to-hand attacks or when wielding two weapons).
- Also, all elemental weapon skills, except for Starlight and Moonlight (which affect only the wielder or party members), will now accumulate TP when used.
The following magic has been added:
- Thunder Spirit SMN Lv.1 (Summons a Thunder Spirit to fight by your side.)
- A new job trait called "Subtle Blow" has become available to ninja and monks.
This ability reduces the amount of TP gained by enemies when striking them.
- A new job ability called "Spirit Link" has become available to dragoons.
- This ability enables dragoons to sacrifice their own hit points to heal their wyverns.
- Also, if a wyvern at full HP is sent away using the "Dismiss" command, the "Call Wyvern" ability will be available for use immediately.
- The mysterious "Strange Apparatuses" have become operational.
- A new flowerpot known as the "Arcane Flowerpot" has been added.
- Players will be able to insert their names in the help text of certain items they synthesize by using the crystals listed below.
- This signature will remain with the item when it is traded, bought from a bazaar, or sent to a player (including deliveries from the Auction House), but will be lost if purchased directly from the Auction House.
- It is possible to see if an item is signed when making purchases from a bazaar.
- Also, when perusing a bazaar, other information such as the Dynamis reservation time of the perpetual hourglass and the size of fish obtained through fishing will now be visible.
- Inferno Crystal: Has the same effect as a fire crystal
- Glacier Crystal: Has the same effect as an ice crystal
- Cyclone Crystal: Has the same effect as a wind crystal
- Terra Crystal: Has the same effect as an earth crystal
- Plasma Crystal: Has the same effect as a lightning crystal
- Torrent Crystal: Has the same effect as a water crystal
- Aurora Crystal: Has the same effect as a light crystal
- Twilight Crystal: Has the same effect as a dark crystal
- New guild-related furniture and equipment have been added.
- The number of items obtained from beastmen treasure caskets has been increased.
- New synthesis and desynthesis recipes have become available.
- New items have become available for purchase at several of the guild shops.
- Various other new items have been added.
- The woodworking recipe for making "bookshelves" has been adjusted.
- The skill level required to synthesize this item has been lowered accordingly.
- An issue where attempts to synthesize a pair of Cursed Breeches resulted in an incorrect high-quality item has been addressed.
The name for the following equippable item has been changed:
Lucky Egg > Fortune Egg
The help text of the following items has been adjusted:
- Melee Gloves "Reduces TP gained by opponent" > "Subtle Blow"+(value)
- Melee Hose "Reduces TP gained by opponent" > "Subtle Blow"+(value)
The status of the following item has been adjusted:
- Fenrir Stone "Delay:276" > "Delay:999"
The following emotes have been added:
- /hurray Give a triumphant cry.
- /toss Perform the action of tossing an object.
- A new text command "/recast" has been added that displays the time remaining until a spell, etc. can be reused.
- A sort function has been added to the Storage menu.
- A character's footsteps will no longer be heard when using Sneak.
- The name of a pet's master will be displayed when a pet is targeted.
- The limit for the /wait macro has been extended to sixty seconds.
- An ON/OFF setting for "Effects" has been added to the Config menu.
- It is now possible to place single items on auction directly from an incomplete stack of items.
- When typing in the input window, the cursor can now be shifted to the start or end of the line by pressing the Home or End keys.
- The camera view is now adjustable when using the Layout function of the Mog House.
- An issue concerning the consistent reappearance of the "!" mark on the Moghancements key item has been addressed.
- The help text of the key item Moghancement: Experience, which stated that the item did not have any effect on Raise spells, has been corrected.
- A new system called "Mentor" that allows veteran adventurers to assist new players has been implemented.
- Characters below level 5 and with less than 5 hours of play time will automatically gain "New Adventurer" status, signified by an icon displayed next to the character's name.
- The New Adventurer icon can be removed by selecting "Cancel New Adventurer Status" under Config in the Help Desk menu.
- Please be advised that once New Adventurer Status has been canceled, it cannot be reinstated.
- The category "Key Item" has been added to the auto-translate function.
The following terms have been added to the auto-translate function:
This page last modified 2007-10-24 23:31:01.