- Timed spawn every 12-15 hours between the times of 20:00 and 04:00 on the barge in Phanauet Channel
- If Vodyanoi is allowed to despawn at 04:00, its respawn window won't open again till 12 hours afterward.
- Susceptible to Slow, Bind, and Stun.
- Stinking Gas - AoE Vitality Down effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Abyss Blast - Single target Darkness based magic damage with an additional Blind effect.
- Acid Breath - Frontal cone AoE Water based magic damage with an additional Strength down effect.
- Call of the Grave AoE Intelligence down effect (Circle of effect originates from mob).
- Whip Tongue - Single target physical damage with an additional Stun effect.
- Undead Mold - Frontal cone AoE magic damage with an additional Disease effect.
- Blood Weapon - Physical damage dealt by Vodyanoi will restore its HP by an amount equal to the damage dealt.
In Slavic folklore, the Vodyanoi (also spelled Vodonoi, Wódjanoj, Vodyanoy) were male water spirits who could change form and were said to live in whirlpools or underwater palaces made from materials salvaged from sunken ships. The most common form they took was an old man with a green beard and covered in muck. Many drownings were attributed to Vodyanoi. The bodies would not be retrieved out of fear it would anger the Vodyanoi by taking his "spoils" from him. Locals appeased Vodyanoi by giving them the first fish caught or pouring butter in the water.
This page last modified 2010-02-27 22:03:11.